SportsWrath

Why are all these coming in now?

Iceman_NYG

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/new-york-giants/

Jerry Reese: Strahan could help JPP, Wilson could be 'lead-dog', Nicks shouldve been rested. WTF?

Why the fuck wasnt it done this season then? Hell - I feel the only reason we beat the Saints even was because their special teams sucked beyond epic proportions. This is bloody stupid.

barron stepped on his foot and im still not convinced it wasn't intentional considering his rep.

still, if it was an MCL as rumored then he could've had surgery adn been back by week 10. just terrible handling of the situation by the team. the only silver lining is that they might've made him a little cheaper and therefore easier to retain after next season

I still say I didn't see Eli missing a lot of open receivers. OK, a throw here and there, like any qb but for the most part, our receivers were blanketed.....and that goes directly to Nicks being a shell of himself. Opposing defenses no longer needed a safety over the top - they took care of him one on one, which they rarely tried in the past, because it was suicide! Singling Nicks allowed them to bracket Cruz with two guys and that definitely slowed us down.

Hakeem will get healthy and we'll get a lot more out of Randle in his 2nd year and Cruz will be Cruz and Eli will be just fine.

barron stepped on his foot and im still not convinced it wasn't intentional considering his rep.

still, if it was an MCL as rumored then he could've had surgery adn been back by week 10. just terrible handling of the situation by the team. the only silver lining is that they might've made him a little cheaper and therefore easier to retain after next season

This...and I remember Herc, me and maybe Seph saying he should not be wasted in preseason or early regular season games. And he was still limping even before the cocksucker stepped on his foot. Another Flozell Type Faggot. I would have taken a tire iron to his face after the game if I was Nicks.

Really, T?! I was one of the the loudest ones that said he was too important to rush back for a meaningless preseason game. There was all this talk about getting timing down and that bs. I said he needed more rest coming off that surgery and extra caution, given his injury history, was the way to go. If I was TC, he wouldn't have stepped on the field until wk 2 at earliest. And i totally agree. Nicks was not 100%a going into week 1 or week 2, and that was the point. He strengthens that foot with some extra rest and maybe that Barron play doesn't matter so much as it pertains to his health for the remainder of the season. I can actually find my posts about this topic in preseason.

I still say I didn't see Eli missing a lot of open receivers. OK, a throw here and there, like any qb but for the most part, our receivers were blanketed.....and that goes directly to Nicks being a shell of himself. Opposing defenses no longer needed a safety over the top - they took care of him one on one, which they rarely tried in the past, because it was suicide! Singling Nicks allowed them to bracket Cruz with two guys and that definitely slowed us down.

Hakeem will get healthy and we'll get a lot more out of Randle in his 2nd year and Cruz will be Cruz and Eli will be just fine.

Exactly. Which is why I think our O is a solid OL or 2 away from being super again. Q, WRs, RB, and TEs are fine.

Really, T?! I was one of the the loudest ones that said he was too important to rush back for a meaningless preseason game. There was all this talk about getting timing down and that bs. I said he needed more rest coming off that surgery and extra caution, given his injury history, was the way to go. If I was TC, he wouldn't have stepped on the field until wk 2 at earliest. And i totally agree. Nicks was not 100%a going into week 1 or week 2, and that was the point. He strengthens that foot with some extra rest and maybe that Barron play doesn't matter so much as it pertains to his health for the remainder of the season. I can actually find my posts about this topic in preseason.

Gotcha Bro...you too...there were a bunch of us...it made absolutely no sense to rush him back.

It's probably coming out now because the Giants typically do a season post-mortem at the end of the year where the front office sits down with the coach and reviews what happened. These were probably the suggestions of the Maras and Reese's crew in the post-mortem.

The Maras have a fine reputation for being hands off during the season, and sometimes too much so. I understand they want to let the coach do his job, but sometimes the Maras, being around football for generations, might actually have some good suggestions during the season too. The problem is anything they would say would have to be taken as gospel because they are the owners and that leads down the whole Jerry Jones dynamic which they avoid.

It's probably coming out now because the Giants typically do a season post-mortem at the end of the year where the front office sits down with the coach and reviews what happened. These were probably the suggestions of the Maras and Reese's crew in the post-mortem.

The Maras have a fine reputation for being hands off during the season, and sometimes too much so. I understand they want to let the coach do his job, but sometimes the Maras, being around football for generations, might actually have some good suggestions during the season too. The problem is anything they would say would have to be taken as gospel because they are the owners and that leads down the whole Jerry Jones dynamic which they avoid.

This^ Its the Wellington Rule...but sometimes like this damn the precedents I wish they would intervene...