SportsWrath

Gilbride/Fewell can't put their fingers on the problem

Lughead

twitterProfilePhoto_normal.jpg

@
Patricia_Traina

The Q&A today with perry Fewell... All I can say is wow.

image_normal.jpg
blackadder
@
Adder6189

Patricia_Traina
threw the d under the bus. That's not head coach material. Hope he goes

Patricia Traina
@
Patricia_Traina

Adder6189
uh yeah. He did sort of throw the defense under the bus.

Hide conversation

@
Patricia_Traina

The Q&A today with perry Fewell... All I can say is wow.

s850pzd9fo9p8ptfz8ip_normal.jpeg
Seth Levine
@
sethrlevine

Patricia_Traina
Do you think he expects to be fired? I think he should.

Patricia Traina
@
Patricia_Traina

sethrlevine
I don't think anyone expects to be fired.

Hide conversation

6:27 PM - 27 Dec 12 ·
Details

Tweet text

Image will appear as a link

4hs850pzd9fo9p8ptfz8ip_normal.jpegSeth Levine@sethrlevine

@Patricia_Traina With all do respect, I just don't understand how the Giants can keep him.

Expand

4htwitterProfilePhoto_normal.jpgPatricia Traina@Patricia_Traina

@sethrlevine I'm not disagreeing.

Expand

4hs850pzd9fo9p8ptfz8ip_normal.jpegSeth Levine@sethrlevine

@Patricia_Traina And I would like someone with real experience - not a young and upcoming coordinator.

Expand

I don't know what Fewell Said Today has anyone heard?

I'm guessing they are reacting to this, btw:

"“We’ve prepared better than what we’ve played,” Fewell said. “We haven’t made plays. I think if you look at the tape, we are in position to make plays, and we haven’t made plays.”"

He does seem to be throwing his players under the bus, but he has a point....I just think as a coach, you tactfully keep your players from taking the brunt of the criticism. The twits seem to think so, too.

I don't think Fewell is a great coordinator, but he's right. I don't know how many times I saw a LB shoot into the backfield and whiff on a 20-yard run or Corey Webster have great position but not get his hands up to make a play. That's not Fewell's fault... these guys are pros that should know how to do this shit by now.

I don't think Fewell is a great coordinator, but he's right. I don't know how many times I saw a LB shoot into the backfield and whiff on a 20-yard run or Corey Webster have great position but not get his hands up to make a play. That's not Fewell's fault... these guys are pros that should know how to do this shit by now.

As a Giants fan I value defense more than I value offense.. I long for the days when we'd punt the ball and just know our D would pitch a 3 and out... Fewel is not at Spags' or Fox's level... and for that he sucks... what more than the 30th... the fucking 30th rank D do we need? And to think we could have gotten Spags back is making me even more angry.

I actually think we are being overzealous about the talent on the Giants. It's very possible that the SB was won in spite of the players. A coach can only do so much to hide player weakness.

I'm guessing they are reacting to this, btw:

"“We’ve prepared better than what we’ve played,” Fewell said. “We haven’t made plays. I think if you look at the tape, we are in position to make plays, and we haven’t made plays.”"

He does seem to be throwing his players under the bus, but he has a point....I just think as a coach, you tactfully keep your players from taking the brunt of the criticism. The twits seem to think so, too.

they get that trait from their boss

I actually think we are being overzealous about the talent on the Giants. It's very possible that the SB was won in spite of the players. A coach can only do so much to hide player weakness.

i think it's the opposite. coordinators don't turn 5 yard catches into 60+ yard TDs like our wr's kept doing last year

i think it's the opposite. coordinators don't turn 5 yard catches into 60+ yard TDs like our wr's kept doing last year

We have definitely won in spite of Gilbride, in my opinion.

Fewell's defense relies on conceding 3 points every drive, and at best, forcing a turnover which hasn't been happening recently. We never get good field position because of it....team's reliably drive down into our end every time they have the ball and the offense can't get anything going. It's recipe for disaster in which the defense spends 2/3s of the game on the field....mixed with poor execution it's truly amazing we haven't tried to do anything ummmm, drastic to save playoff hopes. They got complacent instead and figured things would work themselves out like they normally do.

i can't disagree with any of that. makes you wonder what our record would be without stevie brown's first half

The problem with Brown is that for every INT he makes he allows 4 or 5 big plays a game. I'm thinking OSI is right about needing KP back.

The problem with Brown is that for every INT he makes he allows 4 or 5 big plays a game. I'm thinking OSI is right about needing KP back.

i think in 2012 the way the game has changed every secondary is getting burned. what separates the good ones from the bad ones at this point is creating turnovers

The problem is the entire team having a shitty year. Look at the numbers. Stats arent everything but to a man basically everyone underperformed. Id say Weatherford, Amukamara, Rolle, and Wilsons return game were some of the few bright spots. Beatty was ok for the most part too.