SportsWrath

Week 12's Good, Bad and the Ugly

Treehugger

Good

Pass rush! - It was against a depleted GB line but I'll take it. Props to Osi, Kiwi and Canty for playing with motor. Still need Tuck and JPP to live up to the hype.

Touchdowns! - I almost forgot what they looked like. Congrats to Randle on his first NFL TD and to Eli, Nicks & Cruz for breaking the funk.

Running Game! - We have one, same as Week 10 (see other threads [/bitching])

Coverage sacks! - Great to see 54 minutes of great coverage and a beautifully played INT by Webster that nearly made up for...

Bad

First Quarter Secondary Brainfarts - Seriously Webby, that was just shitty technique. You can peek at the QB without turning a full 360 while your guy streaks past you. Happily this wasn't a trend for the whole game.

Ugly

Punt Returns - KEEP YOUR FUCKING EYES ON THE BALL REUBEN! Those fumbles could have put GB back in the game.

Well Osi showed up finally.. now expect him to disappear for the next 9 games. Webby isn't as great as we think he is... But is Prince that good? KP sure makes a huge difference and with Rolle playing closer to the line we're far more effective. I still think Kiwi is one of the most under-appreciated players... I don't think Tuck is good anymore. If I'm Reese I'll keep my eye on when Suh becomes a free agent. Still in desperate need of a MLB... Love Blackburn but he's slow as shit.

Well Osi showed up finally.. now expect him to disappear for the next 9 games. Webby isn't as great as we think he is... But is Prince that good? KP sure makes a huge difference and with Rolle playing closer to the line we're far more effective. I still think Kiwi is one of the most under-appreciated players... I don't think Tuck is good anymore. If I'm Reese I'll keep my eye on when Suh becomes a free agent. Still in desperate need of a MLB... Love Blackburn but he's slow as shit.

Go watch the video in the link I just posted. Blackburn played his ass off.

He wasn't slow on his sack of Rogers, nor his near-pick over Finley. He can't cover a WR who runs sub 4.5 40's though so he's a bust.

who said he's a bust? The dude is playing his tail off and I like him as he's as blue collar as they come... I'm just stating the obvious which the Giants' inability to land a solid MLB.

who said he's a bust? The dude is playing his tail off and I like him as he's as blue collar as they come... I'm just stating the obvious which the Giants' inability to land a solid MLB.

So he's not a bust, but he's not 'solid', and slow?

Seriously, there's only like three or four 4-3 MLBs I'd take over Blackburn right now.

Honestly I'm hoping to see Kiwi at the line and a lot less Osi.

If Osi would just keep containment...even hold his ground to allow someone else to make a play...it'd do wonders.

I want to see Kiwi too...and I think we have more of that to look forward to next year once Osi's gone. But at the same time, I'm hoping that the strip sack last week was a sign of some things to come THIS year.

If Osi would just keep containment...even hold his ground to allow someone else to make a play...it'd do wonders.

I want to see Kiwi too...and I think we have more of that to look forward to next year once Osi's gone. But at the same time, I'm hoping that the strip sack last week was a sign of some things to come THIS year.

Osi is a master at the strip sack which makes him useful on passing situations. Of course the strip sack only works when the middle is getting pressure because Osi is running his end a round.

Exactly. Not Many execute the strip sack better then Osi.

That's a huge play, not your run of the mill sack. It's a game changing play.

Nobody on the team is nearly effective as Osi at the strip sack.

Which is why Osi should only be in there on passing downs and e given minimal containment responsibilities.

Exactly. Not Many execute the strip sack better then Osi.

That's a huge play, not your run of the mill sack. It's a game changing play.

Nobody on the team is nearly effective as Osi at the strip sack.

Which is why Osi should only be in there on passing downs and e given minimal containment responsibilities.

Yeah, but game planning that is tricky. If he's lined up wide on the QB's blindside, yes he's got the angle for his pass rush move (that is move, singular), but by formation he also has contain on that side. And you have to keep contain on RGIII, so if your RDE is abandoning contain, then who fills that gap instead? The most elegant solution... is for Osi to play his damn assignment. For once.

True, all true. But if we get JaQuain back we can have him patrol a flat, or maybe even a Stevie Brown or a Will Hill.

For this game we should have someone spy the QB near the LOS.

yeah, you're right... he can't be counted on to keep contain, thats just not his game. He's a pass rusher, pure and simple. If he's on the field... Fewell has to compensate for him.

I'd like to see them pull out some of the concepts from a game plan they used against Vick a couple years ago... it was a steady dose of penetration from one side, and disciplined containment on the other. Not sure how that plays into the 'Skins college option offense, but it was an effective ruse against Vick.