SportsWrath

Real Refs could be back on Sunday - Deal on the table

BleedinBlue

There have been multiple shots and angles at this thing and even in the picture you said, "this proves the refs got it right", shows Golden Tate's right hand is on Jennings' right forearm, NOT the football. And a split-second later, the video clearly shows the same right hand of Tate's grabbing nothing but air, as they go to the ground, with Jennings' having the football wrapped up against his chest. By rule, both players have to gain possession of the football simultaneously.

Here is the rule, and I have bolded the most important part of the rule as it pertains to this play:

Rule 8 - Section 3 - Article 1 - Item 5: Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

There is no middle ground, the refs screwed the Packers, the replays were definitive showing that it was not a simultaneous catch. Many more football professionals and former referees have stated that they screwed the pooch on this call. It is not just casual fans saying this.

This is all going on while the Giants are once more morphing into the NFLs top team.....and few are noticing

I wish they would settle the strike just to have everyone shut the Fk up about it......my reasoning on the refs is the mistakes cut both ways, just like a muddy field

I could not enjoy the basketball season with all the Joe Paterno nonsensense non stop 24X7...............now this tempest in a teapot

I dont care about Pedophiles in sports (its a criminal not a sports issue) or what the Refs are doing or not doing

This is all going on while the Giants are once more morphing into the NFLs top team.....and few are noticing

I wish they would settle the strike just to have everyone shut the Fk up about it......my reasoning on the refs is the mistakes cut both ways, just like a muddy field

I could not enjoy the basketball season with all the Joe Paterno nonsensense non stop 24X7...............now this tempest in a teapot

I dont care about Pedophiles in sports (its a criminal not a sports issue) or what the Refs are doing or not doing

When all else fails and you have been worked over by your opponent, change the topic.

You ever wonder why you were banned from the other board and why you have your own section here?

I never wonder about any of that.......I just wonder what it would be like to go the rest of the season undefeated

I leave all the negative thinking to others

I am pumped about the coming games......Eagles, 49rs, Dallas.........a real chance to settle some scores

Again Refs are not a big concern of mine as the Giants are thriving under these guys

The DrudgeReport just published the fact the "Ref Deal" is nowhere near a done deal BTW......for those who care

I do not think any of these old refs will ever work in the NFL again

So once again.

When all else fails and you have been worked over by your opponent, change the topic.

Jack, how about for the rest of the season you post in your section, and no one who disagrees with you will post in any of them.

It will be fun, you can have threads all to yourself.

Sorry Superman........did not realize you had xRay vision and could see through Jennings/ leg.......amazing

Can you know rush to your front lawn and tear open your shirt- strike the Superman pose please

Both Players had both hands on the ball.........the call was correct.......and reviewed

there is now provision in the NFL for any chest contact with the ball.....its irrelevent, the rules only pertain to hands

You and the NFL are totally wrong, only, you're just an idiot....the NFL is doing it to cover their ass. No one agrees with you.

The call was bullshit plain and simple. The clusterfuck that was the lack of procedure by the officials was nothing short of pathetic. The NFL's statement on the play was a slap in the face of football fans everywhere.

That being said, Seattle really deserved to win that game, but NOT in that fashion.

So you going to keep backpedaling then?

When's the last time you have been on any topic in any thread that isnt moved to your special little section?

Once again Jack the offer still remains, you post in your section and you can have all the topics you want about the refs or all that talk about lube and moose that you enjoy so much.

And no one will post in them, so you can have all the fun you want.

Kind of funny eh Jack? The only way you get people to respond to you is if you go into their threads and take it totally off topic.

The ADHD Troll! Look a wandering traveler walking over the bridge!

So you going to keep backpedaling then?

When's the last time you have been on any topic in any thread that isnt moved to your special little section?

Once again Jack the offer still remains, you post in your section and you can have all the topics you want about the refs or all that talk about lube and moose that you enjoy so much.

And no one will post in them, so you can have all the fun you want.

Kind of funny eh Jack? The only way you get people to respond to you is if you go into their threads and take it totally off topic.

And by just being completely in the dark all the time....purposely being stupid and contradictory for no reason and despite being presented evidence....he does it on purpose-he can't possibly be this dumb.

refss.gif

Jennings catches the ball clearly with both hands, Tates hand (notice one hand) touches the ball.

Jennings goes to the ground with the ball in his chest, Tate doesnt even have his hands on his ball at that point.

His inside hand is on Jenning's chest and his other hand is trying to rip it away. This is not black and white. Jennings should have swatted the ball away because Tate had a shot at catching it. I am sure the bonus for an INT weighed on his decision though.

His inside hand is on Jenning's chest and his other hand is trying to rip it away. This is not black and white. Jennings should have swatted the ball away because Tate had a shot at catching it. I am sure the bonus for an INT weighed on his decision though.

That's what makes it black and white. You can completely see his other hand come off of Jennings body as he swings it back towards the ball, and he UNSUCCESSFULLY tries to rip it away. So by rule, it's not a simultaneous catch. Jennings should have knocked it down, but what he should have done isn't the issue. The issue is what actually happened, and what happened was a clear INT.

Interestingly, Rich Eisen was on Dan Patrick's radio program and said that he doesn't believe there would've been any way the replacement officials would've upheld the TD ruling if the game was played in Green Bay. Also gave other examples on how those officials were being influenced to make improper rulings and procedural mistakes, like giving John Harbaugh extra challenges, and giving an improper measurement when the spot of the ball was a full yard short of the first down marker.

I'm glad this whole thing is over and the real officials are back (something Jack AGAIN was wrong about).

Surprised it took this long. Knew it since the very first preseason game that the replacement refs were going to fuckup if they started calling regular season games, and they didn't let me down. I can't say that each and every single one of them were horrible but enough of them were to get the deal done this week.

I don't believe they purposefully made bad calls, game was simply too fast for them and they simply missed stuff.

That's what makes it black and white. You can completely see his other hand come off of Jennings body as he swings it back towards the ball, and he UNSUCCESSFULLY tries to rip it away. So by rule, it's not a simultaneous catch. Jennings should have knocked it down, but what he should have done isn't the issue. The issue is what actually happened, and what happened was a clear INT.

Interestingly, Rich Eisen was on Dan Patrick's radio program and said that he doesn't believe there would've been any way the replacement officials would've upheld the TD ruling if the game was played in Green Bay. Also gave other examples on how those officials were being influenced to make improper rulings and procedural mistakes, like giving John Harbaugh extra challenges, and giving an improper measurement when the spot of the ball was a full yard short of the first down marker.

I'm glad this whole thing is over and the real officials are back (something Jack AGAIN was wrong about).

My main issue with this whole debate is that people act like Tate ran across the field, jumped on the pile and then the refs gave him simultaneous possession. Jennings jumped over Tate for the ball and if Tate had timed it better he would have had sole possession. He was in the play from jump to ground. The original refs could have easily come to the same conclusion. The PI though was rather flagrant and the 8 different calls on the field were comical. The real issue with the replacements was the lack of respect. They were constantly being played by coaches and players. That call wasn't that bad.

My main issue with this whole debate is that people act like Tate ran across the field, jumped on the pile and then the refs gave him simultaneous possession. Jennings jumped over Tate for the ball and if Tate had timed it better he would have had sole possession. He was in the play from jump to ground. The original refs could have easily come to the same conclusion. The PI though was rather flagrant and the 8 different calls on the field were comical. The real issue with the replacements was the lack of respect. They were constantly being played by coaches and players. That call wasn't that bad.

....but.....that's what makes it Jennings ball, he made the better play, lol. That's what makes it so obvious to everybody except the replacement officials....