SportsWrath

JaQuain Williams gained 20 pounds of muscle

osi724dasack

Quote:

Ralph Vacchiano & #8207;@RVacchianoNYDN

LB Jacquian Williams says he bulked up into the 240s this offseason because "nobody wants to play LB at 220." ... How did he do it? "Eating"

Quote:

Williams also said it would be no problem if he's asked to play the third S/Deon Grant role this year, which is a possibility. #NYG

I hate to say it, but I was literally The first person to say that this guy was a steal in the 6th. This man is a beast and is angreatbasset going forward.

Osi, I think I remember you talking about him by the end of training camp last year... you were 100% right about him.

I didn't really notice him until the regular season, but he has very special short range quickness and he tackles with surprising power. I thought I was watching a young Jesse Armstead out there.

Quote:

LB Jacquian Williams says he bulked up into the 240s this offseason because "nobody wants to play LB at 220." ... How did he do it? "Eating"

Quote:

Williams also said it would be no problem if he's asked to play the third S/Deon Grant role this year, which is a possibility. #NYG

I hate to say it, but I was literally The first person to say that this guy was a steal in the 6th. This man is a beast and is angreatbasset going forward.

I would much prefer seeing him on the field over Deon Grant. I still think Deon should be resigned, but only for depth now that T2 is reinjured and Ross is gone.

But, I think JW brings more hitting power to the field, and is probably is as fast (maybe faster) than Grant.

Inb4 performance enhancing drugs.

I see that over and over again, 'no way did he get that much bigger without help! PEDs! Steroids! CHEATER!!!!'... well, I just put on 15 solid pounds from Jan - July this year.... so a 22 year old professional athlete who is 4 or 5 inches taller than me should have no problem gaining 20.

Granted, my starting point was way, way off professional athlete level. Or even weekend warrior level. I think I could have improved my conditioning just by standing up occasionally.

I see that over and over again, 'no way did he get that much bigger without help! PEDs! Steroids! CHEATER!!!!'... well, I just put on 15 solid pounds from Jan - July this year.... so a 22 year old professional athlete who is 4 or 5 inches taller than me should have no problem gaining 20.

Granted, my starting point was way, way off professional athlete level. Or even weekend warrior level. I think I could have improved my conditioning just by standing up occasionally.

I gained 18 lbs. I'd gone done to a pathetic 114 after my torn achellis surgery. I'm not at 132 (still 5 5" though) and trying to shed a tiny bit of fat lol. :flex:

Osi, I think I remember you talking about him by the end of training camp last year... you were 100% right about him.

I didn't really notice him until the regular season, but he has very special short range quickness and he tackles with surprising power. I thought I was watching a young Jesse Armstead out there.

Yup I loved this kid since day 1. Even post draft I liked what I saw from his interviews and body frame. Combined with his pro day. But after a few camp reports and preseason games I was convinced.

I would much prefer seeing him on the field over Deon Grant. I still think Deon should be resigned, but only for depth now that T2 is reinjured and Ross is gone.

But, I think JW brings more hitting power to the field, and is probably is as fast (maybe faster) than Grant.

Agreed, he's perfect for the "Big Nickel" but idk how comfortable id be with him playing back.

There's one problem in this whole thing.

You thought I was serious.

I'm no expert, and no offense, but your the size of a normal women bro.

5 5" ... now I know I can add about 10 lbs but that's as far as I would ever take it... my avatar is a picture of me when I was 120 lbs.

LOL, sorry.... been on BBI? Its like a rallying cry over there.

I don't head to BBI much anymore, but I imagine that "PEDs" are being thrown around left and right.

I mean these guys are professional athletes their only job is to get bigger/stronger/faster, so he gained some mass big deal.

I just want to see him perform on the field.

Jacquian Williams has a long way to go before he's anything more than a decent reserve linebacker and quality special teamer. He does have potential, true. He has the requisite size and speed combination to be a 3 down linebacker. For that, there is reason to be optimistic. But let's hold off a little before putting him in the ring of honor. The most I can say about him is that I hope he plays a lot on specials, performs well there, and we don't need him to start or get a lot of reps at linebacker this year. Would be a nice year for him to learn and grow behind Boley, Rivers, and Blackburn.

Really? I watched every game last year and I wouldn't go that far. He played a role. Not a big one. He was mostly a reserve linebacker, particularly after Chase came back. He was key in the first Philly game. He had some other games where he gave good contributions. Hopefully he's improved from last year against the run, and his understanding of the playbook and his responsibilities have grown. I certainly hope he becomes what you guys think he is already, and he's definitely a shoe-in to make the final 53.

He didn't play alot on D in every game, but mainly when they needed his raw talents. There was a few games where he didn't play much.

I do think he's still 3-4 years away from reaching potential though. There's gonna be more struggles for him before he's a complete beast.

He didn't play alot on D in every game, but mainly when they needed his raw talents. There was a few games where he didn't play much.

I do think he's still 3-4 years away from reaching potential though. There's gonna be more struggles for him before he's a complete beast.

Wasn't he tasked with spying on Vick and containing him and did a very good job too?