SportsWrath

JaQuain Williams gained 20 pounds of muscle

osi724dasack

Yea in week 3 he amazed me considering how raw he was. He really made me cream my pants that week.

he's by no means small but I can personally relate to the stereotypes of "small" players. Most of it depends on technique not size. I was always the smallest player on the team... yet the surest tackler. If he added 20 lbs (which is not much given his size) and that didn't compromise his speed then I'm hopeful he will be a starter sooner than later.

Really? I watched every game last year and I wouldn't go that far. He played a role. Not a big one. He was mostly a reserve linebacker, particularly after Chase came back. He was key in the first Philly game. He had some other games where he gave good contributions. Hopefully he's improved from last year against the run, and his understanding of the playbook and his responsibilities have grown. I certainly hope he becomes what you guys think he is already, and he's definitely a shoe-in to make the final 53.

Agreed Jim. I remember him getting schooled in coverage a few times too, though I'm hesitant to judge anyone under the shit sandwich scheme Fewell was running.

Agreed Jim. I remember him getting schooled in coverage a few times too, though I'm hesitant to judge anyone under the shit sandwich scheme Fewell was running.

I'm hesitant to read much into some of his bad plays because Williams, as far as I can tell, didn't even really play football until the junior college level.

I'm hesitant to read much into some of his bad plays because Williams, as far as I can tell, didn't even really play football until the junior college level.

He also didn`t see the playbook until right before the season, and got no training camp. I`m optomistic for the kid`s future but he`s not there yet.