SportsWrath

The more I watch the Welker dropped pass

*SDMF*

To me it looked like Rolle was in a zone and was responsible for the comeback pass.......thus his hesitation

It was the saftey coming over late that was more egregious........then again Welker is one of the very best at finding a hole in any zone defense

Welker showed great acceleration on that play

But, He forgot to look the ball in his hands before running and lost his spot at Gisselle Bundchen's annual Thanksgiving dinner for her and her model buddies LOL

shit happens

dude we won, why are you watching this clip and letting yourself get pissed?

Just because if I was a coach it would irk me and would be something I would be presenting to the entire secondary all off season. I mean maybe I'm letting my emotions get the best of me and I should back off.

Just because if I was a coach it would irk me and would be something I would be presenting to the entire secondary all off season. I mean maybe I'm letting my emotions get the best of me and I should back off.

Well I mean as much as we like to think no one should be able to pass on your defense or move the ball on it, there are 11 other players on the other team doing everything they can to make plays work.

Of course it's going to happen where someone is going to get open in this case Welker and sometimes you get lucky and he doesn't catch a wide open pass.

That's football, it's why we love it.

Looked like Rolle was expecting help from Phillips over the top. Rolle looked like he was covering the underneath guy in Hernandez and I think did his job. Don't tell Chris Collinsworth though.

The more I look t it Rolle blew it. Boley had the ubderneath coverage. If you wanna say Phillips shouldve made the play, the only way I see he couldve is if he knocked Welker into next week. On a side note it was a 2nd down, so its not like they didnt have another shot to make up for it.

The more I look t it Rolle blew it. Boley had the ubderneath coverage. If you wanna say Phillips shouldve made the play, the only way I see he couldve is if he knocked Welker into next week. On a side note it was a 2nd down, so its not like they didnt have another shot to make up for it.

exactly, it all evened out in the end and we won. They uncharacteristically played undisciplined, a Cruz fumble was negated, because they had twelve on the field, three plays later Cruz scores, Nikovinch jumped offsides on third down in which they stopped us and I think that led to a Tynes FG. Mannigham dropped a pass on the series before Welker dropped that pass, but made up for it with that sideline catch. Like you said even after this, they had a chance to stop us and even had another possession of their own.

exactly, it all evened out in the end and we won. They uncharacteristically played undisciplined, a Cruz fumble was negated, because they had twelve on the field, three plays later Cruz scores, Nikovinch jumped offsides on third down in which they stopped us and I think that led to a Tynes FG. Mannigham dropped a pass on the series before Welker dropped that pass, but made up for it with that sideline catch. Like you said even after this, they had a chance to stop us and even had another possession of their own.

I love talking football :TU:

I am sure Hernandez was Brady's first read and when it wasn't there, he rushed the throw to Welker on the skinny post, which caused it to be severely underthrown and made Welker have to come back to it. So Boley can cover, don't tell Jack.

I am sure Hernandez was Brady's first read and when it wasn't there, he rushed the throw to Welker on the skinny post, which caused it to be severely underthrown and made Welker have to come back to it. So Boley can cover, don't tell Jack.

I didn't think the ball was underthrown or rushed at all, he was under no pressure from the Giants and Welker was wide open. The ball was easily catch able for Welker who made a lot tougher catches in his career then this one time, sure the ball didnt hit him in stride but it's not like Welker had to come to a complete stop and jump back for the ball.

The play was just luck on the Giants part and bad luck for the Pats, an catchable ball was dropped by the normally sure handed Welker.

those are the kind of extension catches with two safeties barreling down on you that make you pray to God you live another 2 seconds.

He heard footsteps and took his eye off the ball......and frankly had he caught it, it might have been a catch and fumble

those are the kind of extension catches with two safeties barreling down on you that make you pray to God you live another 2 seconds.

He heard footsteps and took his eye off the ball......and frankly had he caught it, it might have been a catch and fumble

Barreling down?

DId you even watch the game Jackybo?

There was no one withing 5 yards of him when he dropped the ball, the cloest to "bearing down" on him was Phillips who was in no position to even make a hit with Welker going to the ground.

2 and 11 in the Superbowl, with a chance to run out the clock for the win...yeah Welker is just going to drop a pass on purpose.

Hey he dropped it, don't blame me

NFL players can travel 5 yds in a heartbeat........had he juggled it he was a dead man

He was going to the ground Jackybo, had Phillips hit him it would of been an extra 15 yards on to the play.

Welker was stretched out for the ball

it went off his finger tips......he had no idea if anyone had him in his sights.........he blew it

get over it...........in all football games there are plays like that.....I'd like to think we would have won in any event

We usually beat the Patriots but its never a layup

Players dropping balls while wide open is a normal thing. They so wide open it makes their mind wonder. Wondering where to go, who's coming at you. Where the hits are charging from. It basically fucks with you so bad that you forgot to even catch the ball first. That's why harder catches are mostly made due to the fact that players expect to get hit and they only concern with catch the ball first.

Yes rolle fucked that play up. He was late to react. But to say that the pats would won after that catch would be silly. Anything could of happen after that play and the giants still win it.

That's a tough catch...the more I see it, the less I think it's on Welker. Poor pass. It was high and he had to turn his head to the other side of his body to try to catch it. Granted, if Welker wasn't an undersized, possession WR, he catches that ball easily....but he needed about 2 or 3 more inches on his build.