SportsWrath

The more I watch the Welker dropped pass

*SDMF*

That's a tough catch...the more I see it, the less I think it's on Welker. Poor pass. It was high and he had to turn his head to the other side of his body to try to catch it. Granted, if Welker wasn't an undersized, possession WR, he catches that ball easily....but he needed about 2 or 3 more inches on his build.

Exactly... it was a tough throw and was likely to be dropped than caught... people don't realize how hard it is to pivot and somehow locate the ball and still be able to get your arms up despite the shoulder pads making it a bit harder... and it's not like Welker is 6 6"... tough ball to catch and it's not on anyone... our D Line rushed.. he threw... off the mark...

That drop makes me appreciate the win even more and just makes me realize how easily it could have gone the other way. Championships in every sport are won with good execution and fundamentals but there's usually a little bit of good fortune sprinkled on top. Just about everything has to go right and the fact that the Giants and this current group of players and coaches has two in five seasons is really fucking awesome.

I heard a numbnuts player on Sirius last night from San Fran saying the best two teams did not compete in the SB and they were one play from getting there

In their dreams........even if Joacim Williams does not dislodge the ball they could not move the ball anywhere on us all night.....we would have gotten it back

I heard a numbnuts player on Sirius last night from San Fran saying the best two teams did not compete in the SB and they were one play from getting there

In their dreams........even if Joacim Williams does not dislodge the ball they could not move the ball anywhere on us all night.....we would have gotten it back

The Giants were consistently the best team throughout the playoffs. Anyone who thinks the Giants lucked into the Super Bowl is basically just a homer.

No way in hell would the 49ers have been able to beat Green Bay in Green Bay. The Giants had the offense/defense balance the 49ers simply lacked.

There are a number of 49er fans at my job and immediately after the game they were up in arms about how "lucky" we were, but recently they've come to appreciate just how good we are. Some even going as far as to say Eli isn't human and that any normal qb would've folded with all the hits he took.

Anyway... The Welker drop is essentially the same as Asante Samuel's dropped INT in SB42. It was a little bit of good fortune, but that's just the way the ball bounces sometimes. We've had plenty of those bounces go against us.