SportsWrath

My earlybird 53 man roster

osi724dasack

Herzlick will definitely make the team. As a rookie, he was superb on special teams and made some excellent plays last year at LB....and that was with little knowledge of the system due to the strike shortened season. He'll be even better this coming season and will be a starter within another season or two.

No way we carry 3 QBs. Arm strength does not a quarterback make. Remember the biggest knock on Aaron Rogers when he came out of college? He was accurate and savvy, but didn't have a strong arm....one of the weakest arms in the NFL. And no one is knocking him about it. If arm strength carried a team, the eagles would have several superbowls by now with McNabb who could throw a ball 80 yards.

Lets agree to disagree on both guys.....I remember Herzlich being undersized and out of position but not the great plays on the D or ST. Can you be more specific? I feel bad he got cancer and it debilitated him, but it is what it is.

I just like the way Perriloux throws the ball and he has a cache about him ....of course arm strength is not the only factor.....the Giants seem to like him too as they keep bringing him back to the practice team. I fear if they try that trick one more time though Bellicheck will grab him off waivers.

Yes after reviewing all the NFL game tape on Perriloux. who could argue with you.

David Carr is the ticket...........the most sacked man in NFL history LOL

He got dealt such a crap NFL hand.....I still think the guy could have been a star in this league.

undersized?

Chase Blackburn - 6'3 247

Mark Herzlich - 6'4 246

maybe not undersized per se, but he looked weak out there.......maybe he is not yet back from all the chemo and all that

Jack Lambert only weighed 228 but he picked em up and slammed them down........he was very tall

maybe not undersized per se, but he looked weak out there.......maybe he is not yet back from all the chemo and all that

Jack Lambert only weighed 228 but he picked em up and slammed them down........he was very tall

....you've gotta be kidding me

I don't understand Jack

Sometimes he says some things that make alot of sense, the other 90% of the time he says things like he just did. Herzlich Is our biggest LB aside from Kiwi.

And Storm I can see Bj making the team, I actually really like him, I'm just a little concerned that he may get hurt again or be out performed by Tryon. TC loves Tryon. Hosely is a lock.

However I can see us potentially carrying 6 CBs

Once official training camp opens, we can expect a few guys to get banged up and tear some vital part of their body and a whole lot will change. Hopefully, none of our big guns will go down this year, but history shows at least one star usually ends up hurt.....knock on wood. It seems the smaller guys like WR's and CB's tend to be the ones who get hurt in training camp and we always seem to lose someone in the pre-season exhibition games. At least we have some solid depth of players who have been hand picked for TC's "Sack'n Pass" strategy and carefully coached and groomed to our system.

I don't understand Jack

Sometimes he says some things that make alot of sense, the other 90% of the time he says things like he just did. Herzlich Is our biggest LB aside from Kiwi.

And Storm I can see Bj making the team, I actually really like him, I'm just a little concerned that he may get hurt again or be out performed by Tryon. TC loves Tryon. Hosely is a lock.

However I can see us potentially carrying 6 CBs

Given the injury history at that position and it always seeming to bite us, it'd be a damn good idea. I'd like to see 6 CBs.

He also had Joe Greene and Ernie Holmes keeping him clean Jack.

C. Wgaon

He also had Joe Greene and Ernie Holmes keeping him clean Jack.

C. Wgaon

I dont think you are old enough to remember Jack Lambert........meanest SOB to ever put on a helmet. Meaner pound for pound than Butkus.

Herzlich might be big but he played small as a rookie.........contrast that with Clay Mathews rookie year......I think the guy is still suffering from

all the Chemo....I saw an article that professed just that thought. He was dominant in college before he contracted cancer.

I dont think you are old enough to remember Jack Lambert........meanest SOB to ever put on a helmet. Meaner pound for pound than Butkus.

Herzlich might be big but he played small as a rookie.........contrast that with Clay Mathews rookie year......I think the guy is still suffering from

all the Chemo....I saw an article that professed just that thought. He was dominant in college before he contracted cancer.

link?

Herzlich is going to the biggest surprise this seasons - mark my word. The kid was the best LB in college by a mile before the cancer. He is completely and totally healed and is a workaholic and a student of film. During the six week vacation the players get before training camp opens, Herzlick is the only one staying near the Giants facilities so he can work out 4 days a week for several hours each day. The days he isn't working, he's going over film and the playbook.

"Herzlich was an every-day participant in the Giants’ offseason conditioning program, OTAs and the minicamp. While his teammates are certainly working out wherever they are, Herzlich continues to run, lift and put himself through football drills at the Giants’ complex.

“It’s a good place to be,” Herzlich said. “I have the field, all the equipment I need, I’ve got the facility. I had vacation time before OTAs. Now it’s for working out and getting ready for camp. And that’s what the next five weeks are for to me. On the weekends I can go and do some things, but I’ll be here during the week working out.”

Herzlich is working just as hard mentally as he is physically.

“The biggest thing I’m doing right now is studying because, I have to be mentally sharp when we get back,” Herzlich said. “That way the athletic ability can kind of take over.

“I’m watching film and going over the plays. I took a lot of good notes during the OTAs and I review those and look at the practice film from the OTAs and look at what I didn’t do well, what I did do well, what I need to do to get better, and really self-analysis of what I have to do.”

some links: http://blogs.bettor....FL-News-a166507

http://www.yardbarke...ng_job/11046452

Don't you worry Jack.....Herzlich isn't going anywhere and you will learn to like the guy.

Herzlich is going to the biggest surprise this seasons - mark my word. The kid was the best LB in college by a mile before the cancer. He is completely and totally healed and is a workaholic and a student of film. During the six week vacation the players get before training camp opens, Herzlick is the only one staying near the Giants facilities so he can work out 4 days a week for several hours each day. The days he isn't working, he's going over film and the playbook.

some links: http://blogs.bettor....FL-News-a166507

http://www.yardbarke...ng_job/11046452

Don't you worry Jack.....Herzlich isn't going anywhere and you will learn to like the guy.

no he will just continue to make shit up.

I like Herzlich, I think him and JaQuain Williams have high ceilings, especially JaQuain, but Herz just maybe our starting MLB soon. He was indeed a beast at BC and he's working hard to return. I think it says something that we didn't

IR him last year even though he couldn't play down the stretch.

Herzlich has shown me nothing as yet...........he was a monster in College pre-cancer

Unfortunately he cannot pump HGH and Steroids like Lance Armstrong did to recover.

I wish him nothing but the best but I have an old adage "show me don't tell me"

Blackburn led a D to a World Title........he is going to be hard to unseat now

You guys, most of you who have be-littled Blackburn all these years despite his lack of playing time must now sit

there and take your medicine LOL have fun

My 53 man roster, not depth chart order though:

Eli Manning

David Carr

Ahmad Bradshaw

David Wilson

Da'Rel Scott

Andre Brown

Hakeem Nicks

Victor Cruz

Rueben Randle

Jerrel Jernigan

Domenik Hixon

Brandon Collins

Martellus Bennet

Bear Pascoe

Adrien Robinson

Will Beatty

David Deihl

James Brewer

Kevin Boothe

Chris Snee

David Baas

Mitch Petrus

Brandon Mosely

Sean Locklear

Justin Tuck

Jason Pierre-Paul

Osi Umenyiora

Justin Trattou

Chris Canty

Linval Joseph

Marvin Austin

Marcus Kuhn

Rocky Bernard

Mathias Kiwanuka

Michael Boley

Chase Blackburn

Mark Herzlich

Adrian Tracy

Keith Rivers

Jacquian Williams

Corey Webster

Terrell Thomas

Prince Amukamara

Jayron Hosely

Antwaun Molden

Justin Tryon

Antrel Rolle

Kenny Phillips

Tyler Sash

Janzen Jackson

Lawrence Tynes

Steve Weatherford

Zak DeOssie

• 1 month later...

I think it's finally time for my early 53 man roster.

OFFENSE (25):

QB's (2):

Eli Manning

David Carr

RB's (4):

Ahmad Bradshaw

David Wilson

Danny Ware

Da'Rel Scott

FB (1):

Henry Hynoski

WR (6):

Hakeem Nicks

Victor Cruz

Rueben Randle

Jerrel Jernigan

Ramses Barden

David Douglas

TE's (3):

Martellus Bennett

Bear Pascoe

Adrian Robinson

OL (9):

Will Beatty

David Diehl

Chris Snee

Kevin Boothe

David Baas

Mitch Petrus

James Brewer

Sean Locklear

Brandon Mosley

DEFENSE (25):

DE's (4):

Justin Tuck

Jason Pierre-Paul

Osi Umenyiora

Justin Trattou

DT's (5):

Linval Joseph

Rocky Bernard

Marvin Austin

Shaun Rogers

Chris Canty*

LB's (6):

Michael Boley

Chase Blackburn

Mathias Kiwanuka

Keith Rivers

Jacquian Williams

Mark Herzlich

CB's (6):

Corey Webster

Prince Amukamara

Michael Coe

Jayron Hosley

Justin Tryon

Antwuan Molden

S (4):

Antrel Rolle

Kenny Phillips

Chris Horton

Will Hill

Specials (3):

Tynes

Weatherford

DeOssie

Notice I don't have Hixon making the team. I think the Giants really respect him and what he can do, however, I think they go younger and give a chance to one of the UDFA's. My pick is Douglas, who seems to have the game that will fit in with what the Giants do, and he can perform on specials. I wouldn't be shocked if the cut is Barden, though. Although I have Barden on this team, I do believe either he or Hixon will be cut unless one of them ends up on IR.

I also have Tyler Sash not making the team. I think they are going to cut him. I think Will Hill has a real future with this team. I only see them carrying four safeties, with Phillips and Rolle the shoe-ins. They aren't going to give the primary backup job to a rookie like Will Hill. That's why I like Chris Horton. They could go with Stevie Brown there, but my pick is Horton, because he is the more veteran player, who has had more meaningful playing time in the NFL than Brown. I think at this point it will be very difficult for Sash to make the team, unless injuries put him back in the mix. I do not see a Deon Grant re-signing unless one of the starting safeties get hurt. At least not before the September 5th game against the Cowboys.

I think T2 will end up on IR. The cornerbacks I have there I think are the best of the rest. Bruce Johnson may be a surprise cut to some. Perhaps Brandon Bing and Janzen Jackson as well. But IMO, they'll only make the team through attrition. Jackson is a prime PS candidate.

Spencer Paysinger and Greg Jones are also tough cuts. Perhaps one of them sneaks onto the PS.

You might notice I don't have Canty as a starter. That's only because I don't think his injury will have him ready for week 1. Even though Canty is on PUP right now, I don't think he'll start the season on PUP. I see him missing a week, maybe 2, but I think he'll be back early in the season.

Beckum may be another surprise cut for some. He's not practicing right now. With

I hope I'm wrong about Sash. I like the kid and I think he could develop. But I believe Coach Merritt, PF, and TC are going to fall in love with the athleticism of Will Hill. Perhaps they will find room by placing Canty on PUP, or perhaps they only go with 5 CB's, and Molden becomes a roster casualty. At any rate, Sash didn't do himself any favors by getting suspended.

I agree with your 53 Jim except for a few things

Idk about Horton.

I think Hixon will make it. (competition at WR has been crazy)

Bruce Johnson has a good shot at the team.

Deon Grant Is a better choice Over Horton.

But a damn good list I must say.