SportsWrath

My earlybird 53 man roster

osi724dasack

Just for clarification, just because a player is on PUP right now doesn't mean that they will be on PUP to start the season. They can come off PUP at any time. Once final cuts are made, however, and the regular season begins, if they are on PUP they will have to remain there for the first 6 weeks of the season. In Canty's case, I don't believe they will want him on the shelf for almost half the season. Nor do I think his injury will keep him out all that time. I think he's going to get ready to play by week 3. Of course, this is totally conjecture on my part. He could start the season on PUP after all, and that would make it easier to roll into the regular season with just 4 DT's.

Nas, I kind of agree with you on Sash. It's a catch-22 situation. They have to put him on the 53 man roster, and he's going to miss the first 4 games. So the only way you can really do that is carry 5 safeties, because I think it's unrealistic to think TC is going to go into the regular season with just one backup safety for the first month of the season. You can do the 5 safety thing, but you have to subtract from somewhere else. Possibly that subtraction is Canty if they put him on PUP. Or you subtract Molden possibly and go into the season with just 5 CB's. BTW, Osi, I feel very strongly Bruce Johnson is not going to make this team if all other guys are healthy.

Good point on Beckum, though. He will probably be on PUP to start the year.

[quote name=Osi724dasack' timestamp='1343956602' post='7

13799]

And I'm not saying Johnson Is a lock at all, but if he shows hes 100% healed then I think he makes it.

I'm fiending some preseason football!!!

Ok who do u see bruce making the squad over? Tryon, Molden, or Coe? It won't be Coe, I guarantee u that

In limited time Johnson flashed some nice skills.

Tryon is almost a lock, almost.

Webster

Prince

Hosely

Tryon

------

Then fighting for any remaining spots are

Molden

Johnson

Coe

Bing

Jackson

Maybe another guy? Most likely not.

The talent certainly warrants carrying 6 CBs if deemed necessary and one of those guys competing for the last spots will get injured during pre season.

Coe is more of a lock than Tryin, bud. Bruce made one int in zone like 3 years ago and people are still making him out to be a better corner than he is based on that. Coe is next in line to START if something were to happen to Web or Prince, bro.

Coe is more of a lock than Tryin, bud. Bruce made one int in zone like 3 years ago and people are still making him out to be a better corner than he is based on that. Coe is next in line to START if something were to happen to Web or Prince, bro.

I disagree.

Never been a fan of Coe. Well see, I'm not saying Johnson is a lock, but neither is Coe.

It's not whether u or I are a fan of him or not. We don't set the depth chart. And based on merit and recent history, practice reports and playing time, Coe is ahead of both Tryon and Bruce. I guarantee u the coaches like Coe a lot more than u do.

I agree with u the coaches like Tryon, though. But they also like Coe and would give him more responsibility than Bruce Johnson at this point.

That's fair.

To me though, Johnson just has more upside, he's a plus athlete with long arms and natural instincts. He's also very confident.

Coe could easily make it over Bruce, but if BJ is healthy and flashing then I think he makes it just on his better upside. On STs there pretty equal.

It's not whether u or I are a fan of him or not. We don't set the depth chart. And based on merit and recent history, practice reports and playing time, Coe is ahead of both Tryon and Bruce. I guarantee u the coaches like Coe a lot more than u do.

I think the coaches like alot of these kids, not just Coe. I've heard Brandon Bing get some love from Fewell too. I think at the end of the day you keep the guy with the higher ceiling.

Lol atleast were debating who the 5th CB will be. Pretty nice problem to have.

My main concern is who wins the 3rd and 4th safety job and will that person be able to hold down the position for a week or two if KP or Rolle tweak a quad or something.

Nah, if that happens you'll see Deon Grant back in NY real quick, i think. I think Hill is really going to make it. Enormous untapped potential there.

Yea Hill is a lock at this point.

So I guess it's Sash and Hill unless they cut Sash which is possible. Horton doesn't really stand out to me at all though, he's got an injury history also.

I don't hate BJ, i just know he's not very good. He has bad hips and lacks quick feet.

I just think he is better then your saying he is.

And Michael Coe does NoT have starting potential.

Johnson is no scrub if he's 100% back. His potential is a nickel back type maybe dimeback. Coe has no ceiling IMO, he's a 4th CB at best.

Well have to agree to disagree on the Johnson/Coe debate.

It's safe to say that neither of them will ever be a starter on a healthy team.

I don't hate BJ, i just know he's not very good. He has bad hips and lacks quick feet.

I don't know about that, but he is a limited player. I like the way he plays though, he plays hard and has good instincts.... he's not just a body out there, he can do a few things for us if he makes the team.

If the Achilles is healed up good.... but that can be a 2 year injury. Haven't heard much out of camp about him.