SportsWrath

We Might Lose Carr

Mr. P

I'd have to see how much more I'd be making. If it's me, I'd take slightly less to stay with a SB/playoff calibur team.

If he were going to leave for more money Tampa Bay would be a good option. I don't think they are as bad as their record indicated last year, They are making moves this offseason, Mike Sullivan is now the OC there.

and he's already got a ring.

If he were going to leave for more money Tampa Bay would be a good option. I don't think they are as bad as their record indicated last year, They are making moves this offseason, Mike Sullivan is now the OC there.

With getting the guys they have thus far, it definitely looks like the place to be for FA. I too think that TB is on the upswing whereas Atlanta is falling and New Orleans is just treading water.

And... Josh Freeman might not be the starter forever. At least in Tampa, there's a chance Carr might one day be the starter again.

Don't recall seeing that if they did. Admittedly, I don't follow TB all that closely. If so, I'd understand a little more the desire for Carr to head there.

I was right, he was benched during the Jacksonville game on December 11th:

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Quarterback Josh Freeman returned to the starting lineup for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and then had a game to forget.

He finished the game 16-of-30 for 181 yards with two interceptions and a lost fumble as Tampa Bay surrendered 41 unanswered points in a 41-14 loss to the Jaguars. He was benched late in favor of Josh Johnson.