SportsWrath

Giants agree to terms with cornerback Terrell Thomas

Nas

I absolutely love that we are bringing TT back. However, I think it's a terrible idea letting Aaron Ross walk. We're talking about a position that several of the dudes we had on the roster at the end of the year, weren't on the roster at the beginning of the year....

It's a position that got decimated by some pretty devastating injuries and Aaron Ross, IMO, is probably one of your most improved players on either side of the ball. He looked like garbage at the beginning of the year but by the end, our secondary was shutting down receivers and Ross was a big part of that....I can't see us resigning him for a long term contract, however, and I'm guessing that's why we won't be bringing him back.

100% agreed. I think he'll get a much better contract somewhere else than what we can offer him though.

100% agreed. I think he'll get a much better contract somewhere else than what we can offer him though.

I can see Ross going to Dallas for a a similar deal to T2s, with a bit more guaranteed.

Btw I just remembered Ross is already 30! Lol he was 25 as a rookie.

Bollocks. Honestly I don't think there's too much of an upgrade and a whole lot of risk. I think TT would have looked very similar to Ross in Fewell's scheme.

He was in Fewell's scheme in 2010 and led the team in tackles and had 5 picks and 4 FF with like 13 PD. I am with Nas, rather have T2 at 70%

His 2010 numbers ranked among the best CB's in the nfl.

Terrell Thomas Passes

Defended And Intercepted, 2010

NFL Rank Total 18 T-2 3rd Down 9 T-1 4th Quarter 8 T-1 15+ yards downfield 8 T-5 14-yards downfield 10 T-8 5 or more DBs 15 T-1

He was in Fewell's scheme in 2010 and led the team in tackles and had 5 picks and 4 FF with like 13 PD. I am with Nas, rather have T2 at 70%

Fewell's 2010 scheme was nothing like the ugly mess he put on the field for most of 2011.

Fewell's 2010 scheme was nothing like the ugly mess he put on the field for most of 2011.

Im trying to get a copy of his scheme that he had vs the Saints.

Its for a book Im writing called...."What to do when you want to be embarrassed".

Hearing it's basically a 1 year 2mil contract with the option to keep him after for the rest of the loot.

Mike Garafolo ‏ @MikeGarafolo Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

The breakdown of Thomas' deal per rumblings was: $1m SB, $1m base salary and $2.75m on 70-pct playtime this season. Waiting on confirm. #nyg

Hearing it's basically a 1 year 2mil contract with the option to keep him after for the rest of the loot.

Mike Garafolo ‏ @MikeGarafolo Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

The breakdown of Thomas' deal per rumblings was: $1m SB, $1m base salary and $2.75m on 70-pct playtime this season. Waiting on confirm. #nyg

Ill take that. Good job Reese.

Me too. I knew TT was gonna be a great corner after watching him in his first season. He had rookie mistakes, but for the most part you didnt hear his name. Corners typicaly take 3 years to become really good, if you have what it takes. But by his second year he was already becoming shut down. Thank God Ross stepped up, cause I thought we were screwed when TT went down. If he comes back 90% by mid season we probably have the best corner duo in the league. Even when Ross stepped up, he still got burned quite a few times. Even at 70% he is a upgrade.

I hate it when I hear stuff like, "I would take this guy at 70% over this guy at 100%." To me that's foolish. If you are hampered on the field at all, you'll get exposed. I'd love to play the Jets when Revis is 70%. Nicks would have like 4 TD's if they left him 1 on 1. You take a guy in the NFL, and diminish his ability by 30%... you have a division II college player, maybe an arena league player, I don't care who you are.

That said, I love me some T2. Glad he's back. Since he injured his knee in preseason... (on a blitz in the 2nd half of a PRESEASON GAME... ok, I'm over it now...) he should be full go for this year. Hopefully he works hard to get that knee really strong and maintain it throughout the season.

I hate it when I hear stuff like, "I would take this guy at 70% over this guy at 100%." To me that's foolish. If you are hampered on the field at all, you'll get exposed. I'd love to play the Jets when Revis is 70%. Nicks would have like 4 TD's if they left him 1 on 1. You take a guy in the NFL, and diminish his ability by 30%... you have a division II college player, maybe an arena league player, I don't care who you are.

That said, I love me some T2. Glad he's back. Since he injured his knee in preseason... (on a blitz in the 2nd half of a PRESEASON GAME... ok, I'm over it now...) he should be full go for this year. Hopefully he works hard to get that knee really strong and maintain it throughout the season.

T2 at 70% is better than Ross at a 100%.. that's what I was saying... Ross sucked major balls at times.. often times the ball is already in the air and I found myself screaming at the TV as to why he hasn't reacted yet...