SportsWrath

Giants not expected to resign Tolly

BIGBLUE01

Cause 3 probowl DEs isn't depth? I like Tolly a lot too, but given Tuck, Osi, and JPP...I don't see him staying for anything more than vet minimum. If he catches on elsewhere, good for him and I wish him the best.

He spelled our guys very well and seems like a good teammate.

Cause 3 probowl DEs isn't depth? I like Tolly a lot too, but given Tuck, Osi, and JPP...I don't see him staying for anything more than vet minimum. If he catches on elsewhere, good for him and I wish him the best.

He spelled our guys very well and seems like a good teammate.

This where I get the depth part from. Sure, just Tolly doesnt mean were left with zero depth, but its depth regardless.

This where I get the depth part from. Sure, just Tolly doesnt mean were left with zero depth, but its depth regardless.

Not trying to pick your post apart, but "Goodbye Depth" suggests that there's be none remaining. Tolly was great on ST as well. I'm hoping we get a chance to pick him back up.

He'll do very well somewhere else were he gets more snaps. We need to find someone like him we can afford.

C. Wagon

I'll do it. NFL minimum would solve a lot of problem$. Granted, I've never played DE, but I've stayed at a Holiday Inn.

Not trying to pick your post apart, but "Goodbye Depth" suggests that there's be none remaining. Tolly was great on ST as well. I'm hoping we get a chance to pick him back up.

I'm not sure Osi is here long term... he will demand a huge salary and some team will give it to him. Tolly and Blackburn have to be signed.. wtf... cut some other dead weight or highly overpriced players even if they're good.. honestly we cut either Canty or Rolle or both and we're in good hands. We don't need a team of superstars... it's the blue collar players like Tolly and Blackburn who make the difference imo.

I must add that DOLLAR for DOLLAR tolly is better than Osi.

I'm not sure Osi is here long term... he will demand a huge salary and some team will give it to him. Tolly and Blackburn have to be signed.. wtf... cut some other dead weight or highly overpriced players even if they're good.. honestly we cut either Canty or Rolle or both and we're in good hands. We don't need a team of superstars... it's the blue collar players like Tolly and Blackburn who make the difference imo.

I must add that DOLLAR for DOLLAR tolly is better than Osi.

I fully expect Osi to walk next year unless he gets big time money, which the Giants won't give him due to his being 1 of 3 here on the team.

I believe Tolly can be replaced internally by bringing up a practice squad guy.

And given the youth we have at LBer, we have to give them a chance to show what they've learned. I would love to see the Blackburn signing too given his late season efforts, but I just don't see that happening.

I fully expect Osi to walk next year unless he gets big time money, which the Giants won't give him due to his being 1 of 3 here on the team.

I believe Tolly can be replaced internally by bringing up a practice squad guy.

And given the youth we have at LBer, we have to give them a chance to show what they've learned. I would love to see the Blackburn signing too given his late season efforts, but I just don't see that happening.

I don't see the problem with signing Blackburn to back up money... and I don't see why Tolly should walk when we know Osi may not be here after this year... shit.. unless the Giants rework his contract now, we should assume he's gone after this year.

I don't see the problem with signing Blackburn to back up money... and I don't see why Tolly should walk when we know Osi may not be here after this year... shit.. unless the Giants rework his contract now, we should assume he's gone after this year.

I agree that both would be good backup signings, but I just don't see the Giants pulling the trigger on either...at least not until a number of other teams get their shot at them. I think the Giants priorities should be T2 and Goff.

With Kiwi able to slide back to DE if needed, I really think that makes Osi expendable.

Yeah, youre right, it does. My bad.

You know, Kiwi bein able to play DE, helps alot. But lets hope the young guys have learned to play LB and Goff returns healthy and able.

Oh I don't think we've seen the last of Dave Tollefson. I'd be surprised to find him starting on another team but I know he can play elsewhere and get more snaps. Lets see what happens by Sept.

Osi is under contract for another year at a very cap friendly number for the Giants. They may try to placate him with a few incentives but he's not going anywhere. He'll play for the Giants or he won't play at all.

Osi is under contract for another year at a very cap friendly number for the Giants. They may try to placate him with a few incentives but he's not going anywhere. He'll play for the Giants or he won't play at all.

We know about this year... about the following year?

They will make that decision when they have to, not before. Obviously, they like him but aren't terrified at the thought of losing him.