SportsWrath

T2 contract negotiations

Allstarjim

Tweets from Ralph V:

Ralph Vacchiano

Thomas added "The conversations are (going) well, but this is a business. It doesn’t matter until you put that ink on that paper."

RalphPic_normal.jpg

Ralph Vacchiano

Is Thomas a priority for the
? "I hope so. And if not I’m pretty sure another team would think so. All I need is one team to like me."

RalphPic_normal.jpg

Ralph Vacchiano

Thomas, a UFA, said "I want to come back", that talks are under way and he and the Giants are "pretty much on the same page."

Well if those tweets aren't two sided, I don't know what are...in one breath he says he want's to come back but in the next he implies that he'd be okay playing elsewhere. In one breath he says they're on the same page and in the next he says that none of the negotiations mean anything until the ink is on the paper...a little all over the place.

I think he needs to be a priority and that the Giants need to extend him a contract that's performance based in year one, and if those are met, than the contract for the out years gets locked in. And I think too that the Giants should be prepared to pay him well. He was our #1 CB after all...and paired with Webster...represented one of the better tandems in the league. Having these two with Prince coming up through would put our secondary in good shape for another several years provided they don't go through the injuries again like they did this year.

Well if those tweets aren't two sided, I don't know what are...in one breath he says he want's to come back but in the next he implies that he'd be okay playing elsewhere. In one breath he says they're on the same page and in the next he says that none of the negotiations mean anything until the ink is on the paper...a little all over the place.

I think he needs to be a priority and that the Giants need to extend him a contract that's performance based in year one, and if those are met, than the contract for the out years gets locked in. And I think too that the Giants should be prepared to pay him well. He was our #1 CB after all...and paired with Webster...represented one of the better tandems in the league. Having these two with Prince coming up through would put our secondary in good shape for another several years provided they don't go through the injuries again like they did this year.

The very fact he's tweeting tells me he's stressing it.. yea he wants to stay... who wants to go from team to team.. on the other hand there's an injury in the middle of it all... see Steve Smith.

Kiwanuka and Bradshaw. In Kiwi, Reese gave him a shorter deal (2 years) to help him re-establish his worth. In Bradshaw, he let him test the market and got him back on a much smaller deal than he would've if he panicked and gave him want he (Ahmad), wanted in the beginning of negotiations. The market will be tough for T2. That wasn't his first major knee surgery. I think he's coming back, and not for a big time deal. I believe it will be a Kiwi-like deal. I think we need Ross back as well, because he's been good insurance for T2 and is a good nickel. You let Ross go and T2's surgically repaired knee doesn't hold up, it's Webster and Amukamara as starters, with Coe maybe as the nickel. Or you have Rolle once again playing a lot of nickel. That doesn't sound very good to me.

Kiwanuka and Bradshaw. In Kiwi, Reese gave him a shorter deal (2 years) to help him re-establish his worth. In Bradshaw, he let him test the market and got him back on a much smaller deal than he would've if he panicked and gave him want he (Ahmad), wanted in the beginning of negotiations. The market will be tough for T2. That wasn't his first major knee surgery. I think he's coming back, and not for a big time deal. I believe it will be a Kiwi-like deal. I think we need Ross back as well, because he's been good insurance for T2 and is a good nickel. You let Ross go and T2's surgically repaired knee doesn't hold up, it's Webster and Amukamara as starters, with Coe maybe as the nickel. Or you have Rolle once again playing a lot of nickel. That doesn't sound very good to me.

I hope you're right about T2...though I don't see the market being as tough on him as it seems you do. He was a #1 CB on a good defense. I have to believe there'd be a team out there that'd give him a shot...perhaps though not a superbowl winning team. I don't know about Ross though...I think he might be let go depending upon the progress of Prince. If Ross is #4 on the depth chart, I see him being allowed to test the market.

I hope you're right about T2...though I don't see the market being as tough on him as it seems you do. He was a #1 CB on a good defense. I have to believe there'd be a team out there that'd give him a shot...perhaps though not a superbowl winning team. I don't know about Ross though...I think he might be let go depending upon the progress of Prince. If Ross is #4 on the depth chart, I see him being allowed to test the market.

Many teams will be hesitant to give T2 a shot after seeing the Steve Smith experiment with the Eagles.

Given his hit in 2012...I'd be okay with that http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/antrel-rolle/

Mark Sanchez is robbing the hell out of the Jets. Already 30million in the bank!!!!

TT is one of the better CB in the league. But I trust Reese in his decision making. I don't think people would compare TT with Steve Smith. I hope TT is back.

If it was his first ACL tear it might be a bit different. But T2 had that same ACL already surgically repaired once before at USC in 2005. Two surgeries, two tears in the ACL... you can't give big money to a guy like that, and you have to hedge your bets with him in case it happens again, because the next time is probably a career ender. And I really hate to type those words. I really like T2 an awful lot. As far as I can tell, he's a great person as well as player. But he'll probably come back under a one year deal, re-establish himself, make some more money, and I'm sure he'll have incentives.