SportsWrath

Great Article on Jerry Reese

Boley and Canty are huge reason why were playing sunday

Plus he was ge was on the $ by letting SS, Boss and Plax go.

He also brought Bradshaw back really cheap.

I gotta agree. So far I can't think of any moves he's done where NOW you look at them and think, WTF?!?!?!?!

i'm gonna bookmark this thread. by next year or somewhere in the future when the Giants are shitting the pan.. watch someone will post " FIRE REESE". then i'll pull this one out...

I have always believe this guy can do the job. almost all of the first rounders kinda pan out for us. a Fan can only hope that their GM never draft first round busts.....

Very good starting DT's aren't cheap. I don't know why people obsess over the cap/player salaries. When Canty is healthy and out there, and not hamstrung by curious play-calling that leaves him on the sideline in favor of a 3 man rush of all DE's, he's a force. We could do a LOT worse, and he's played lights out during this stretch that got us here. I've always liked Canty. I feel like people give him a bad rap because he's a DT making a lot of money, and DT is just not a position where your production shows up a lot in the box score. But a lot of what a good DT does makes others around them show up in the box score. I get it, he hasn't been to the Pro Bowls and such, but I'm glad he's on our team... and as long as they manage the cap and produce a winner on the field, I'm cool with them getting their money... especially that second contract... that's where you maximize your income in the NFL, and I'm not hating someone for getting what they can get.

I shudder to think what this defense would be like with Cofield and Canty instead of what we have now.

And don't feed me his Redskins season as a reason why we let him go when we should have. Different scheme, different coaches.

Agree. Moving cofiled from DT to NT was new to him. Yet he did good when we played the skins.

I guess Reese did screw that one up but I can't complain with the everything else he has done.

If it wasn't for him. The blitze package wouldn't be JPP Tuck Canty Osi and Kiwi. That's one of the most fear some 5 man rush in football today. IMO.

He's def overpaid. But the last few weeks he has been such a force for us that I don't care. Plus, I'm not the guy paying him..so I don't care.

good point, I could not care less if we were right at the cap (which we probably are, anyway) as long as guys are performing and it isn't shitting on our ability to field a team next year (like I'm hoping will happen to the Eagles).