SportsWrath

Prince Amukamara sat out last drive because......

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

....He was fatigued!! Poor baby. If I was the captain of the team, I'd leave a package of Summers Eve in his locker. Let HIM figure it out.

Rodgers must've said, " oh, look! Will Blackmon in, prince out....game over"!!

....He was fatigued!! Poor baby. If I was the captain of the team, I'd leave a package of Summers Eve in his locker. Let HIM figure it out.

Rodgers must've said, " oh, look! Will Blackmon in, prince out....game over"!!

\

Agreed.

Prince hasn't exactly had a full opportunity to be properly conditioned, has he? Sure, his injury has healed and he's not taken the bumps and bruises from the season like others have, but he hasn't exactly been running/practicing/conditioning all season long either I wouldn't think. Given his practice time, the lockout, and the being forced into a starting role against some good teams - I think he's done pretty well so far.

Prince hasn't exactly had a full opportunity to be properly conditioned, has he? Sure, his injury has healed and he's not taken the bumps and bruises from the season like others have, but he hasn't exactly been running/practicing/conditioning all season long either I wouldn't think. Given his practice time, the lockout, and the being forced into a starting role against some good teams - I think he's done pretty well so far.

Part of me wants to agree wit this... the other part says this is not soccer where you're running around nonstop... heck there's a break after every play in football... I don't know.

I withhold judgement. I would like to believe Prince would've wanted to be out there. But we just don't know the whole story. This crazy coaching staff might have been trying to limit his reps because they are still worried about the foot, who knows. Or they might have just looked at him and said, 'you're sitting this one out.'

I kind of have a hard time believing it was Prince's call in that situation, but it might have been. If he was sitting, perhaps he really was completely spent. I'm sure his endurance will greatly improve as we go along.

Guest StrahansGap

Let's stop with the excuses for him. He's a professional athlete isn't he? Isn't this what he signed up for? He bailed on his teammates......period.

Let's stop with the excuses for him. He's a professional athlete isn't he? Isn't this what he signed up for? He bailed on his teammates......period.

Bro.. I don't think that's the case... he's young and you can bet he'd be more than willing to limp out there on one leg if he could... I'm resigned to the notion that we "don't know the whole story"...

Part of me wants to agree wit this... the other part says this is not soccer where you're running around nonstop... heck there's a break after every play in football... I don't know.

You're talking about two types of conditioning/training. Running non-stop is more endurance, keeping a pace, and maintaining a reserve to carry you through the end of the game. It's properly allocating your total effort over the course of a game. The go-all out/stop/go-all-out/stop type regiment is different in that you have to prepare in such a way to be able to offer the same effort on the 30th snap as you did on the 1st. I think that comparing the two really isn't a valid argument. After all, does the type of training really matter if he hasn't had enough of any training?

You're talking about two types of conditioning/training. Running non-stop is more endurance, keeping a pace, and maintaining a reserve to carry you through the end of the game. It's properly allocating your total effort over the course of a game. The go-all out/stop/go-all-out/stop type regiment is different in that you have to prepare in such a way to be able to offer the same effort on the 30th snap as you did on the 1st. I think that comparing the two really isn't a valid argument. After all, does the type of training really matter if he hasn't had enough of any training?

I see where you're coming from... having played both soccer and football I can tell they're totally two different sports from a conditioning standpoint... after each football game I'd be sore in areas I never knew muscles even existed.

Guest StrahansGap

I guess they don't make em like they used to. Do you think Jack Lambert, Dick Butkus, Lawrence Taylor or Mike Singletary would've taken themselves out of a game like that? No fucking way. And it would've mattered. Rodgers saw Blackmon and saw 6 easy ones. I could've swore I saw a smirk on Rodgers' face. I refuse to make excuses for the guy. Pathetic. And fuck Baas too.....

I guess they don't make em like they used to. Do you think Jack Lambert, Dick Butkus, Lawrence Taylor or Mike Singletary would've taken themselves out of a game like that? No fucking way. And it would've mattered. Rodgers saw Blackmon and saw 6 easy ones. I could've swore I saw a smirk on Rodgers' face. I refuse to make excuses for the guy. Pathetic. And fuck Baas too.....

Again, who says he "took himself out"? You think he had his number called and went, "Nah coach, I'll sit this one out thanks" and the coaches said "Sure rookie, whatever you think's best."?

Guest StrahansGap

Again, who says he "took himself out"? You think he had his number called and went, "Nah coach, I'll sit this one out thanks" and the coaches said "Sure rookie, whatever you think's best."?

I say he took himself out! How the fuck else would the coaches have known he was tired?? Did he fall asleep on the bench??

I think the coaches are covering their asses.....it was one of their "sub packages" and Prince was part of that particular package and The Human Turnstile was....so he gets torched and everyone notices Prince on the bench...do we think the coaches are going to admit they sat him for one of their special three man rushes/zone blitz schemes...nah they are going to say he sat himself out. ;)

Guest StrahansGap

I miss the 1970s.....shoot the guy up with a horse tranquilizer.....put him in an arm cast, etc., etc.

There you go! Now that's what I'm talking about! Someone finally understands what I'm saying.