SportsWrath

I'm going to defend Fewell on this one.

JMFP

Okay, I'm not going to defend the 3 man rush, but there were a few times it was effective.

Fewell did a good job of mixing the blitzes and looks.

Let's face it, Rodgers was extremely accurate, and his receivers were fucking glued in bounds.

And then, when the play was tight, the Packers had the refs to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Very difficult to defend against a lights-out QB, AND receivers with freak-show balance, AND refs on Packer cock.

Giants didn't play perfect ball, but neither did the Packers.

This game came down to "who has the ball last".

Hopefully, they can rally from this as a statement of just how close the Giants are to the best team in the NFL.

I still can't defend Fewell... Seeing Rodgers in the red zone with a 3 man rush and 5 to 6 seconds and more if he needed it to throw made me want to throw the remote through the TV screen. This team, once again, played great, competitive football, but once again, could not overcome the Fewell Factor.

Offense scored 35 points... This lost falls on the defense.... Period.

I'm not saying it doesn't.....I'm just saying the defense played about as well as could be expected given their injuries and the quality of their opponent.

The defense made some big stops in that game, I have to admit. But we lost the game once again because Fewell abandoned any notion whatsoever of trying to get pressure on Rodgers. And we can't forget that Eli is responsible for 7 points on the Packers as well.

I thought the defense played a lot better this week than last week, and I expected them to. But that last TD pass to Driver, giving Rodgers a 3 man rush in the end zone, the best QB in the NFL, with all day to find a receiver, you are going to lose that battle 9.5 out of 10 times.

Offense scored 35 points... This lost falls on the defense.... Period.

One could also say that the defense stopped the Packers enough to win the game given Eli's pick six.

While I'm no fan of a moral victory when it could be real victory - this is the type of confidence-building performance that this team could rally behind. Add to that the poor play by Dallas against Arizona and this could be the shot in the arm this team needed.

When the Giants fail to show up and fail to put forth effort and flat out give up - see Eagles and Saints, I think the losses deserve a lot of finger pointing and blame assignment. But when you go toe-to-toe with the league's best team and come up just 3 points short - you can shift the focus to the positives pretty easily and move forward.

I still can't defend Fewell... Seeing Rodgers in the red zone with a 3 man rush and 5 to 6 seconds and more if he needed it to throw made me want to throw the remote through the TV screen. This team, once again, played great, competitive football, but once again, could not overcome the Fewell Factor.

This. Fuck Fewel.

One could also say that the defense stopped the Packers enough to win the game given Eli's pick six.

While I'm no fan of a moral victory when it could be real victory - this is the type of confidence-building performance that this team could rally behind. Add to that the poor play by Dallas against Arizona and this could be the shot in the arm this team needed.

When the Giants fail to show up and fail to put forth effort and flat out give up - see Eagles and Saints, I think the losses deserve a lot of finger pointing and blame assignment. But when you go toe-to-toe with the league's best team and come up just 3 points short - you can shift the focus to the positives pretty easily and move forward.

Agreed. The effort was there yesterday. Of course I'm disappointed in the outcome but when I see the team giving 100% that's all I ask for. Thanks to Dallas and their ineptitude the Giants have the opportunity to take the division lead. Hopefully they take advantage because there won't be many more times where you can lose 4 straight and still be just a win away from taking control of the division and your playoff fate.

Agreed. The effort was there yesterday. Of course I'm disappointed in the outcome but when I see the team giving 100% that's all I ask for. Thanks to Dallas and their ineptitude the Giants have the opportunity to take the division lead. Hopefully they take advantage because there won't be many more times where you can lose 4 straight and still be just a win away from taking control of the division and your playoff fate.

No doubt that the Cowboys loss will play into their mindset. Dallas is clearly beatable, especially if the Giants can play like they did yesterday next week. I'm hoping the Giants will realize that Dallas isn't simply going to lay down for them though. In other words, the best medicine to cure the loss to the Cardinals is for Dallas to beat the Giants and essentially kill their playoff hopes altogether. Should the Giants bring the same intensity and the same want-to next week, I think we'll be good to go.

Not just any 3-man rush; He had Bernard coming off the end and Tuck in coverage! :facepalm:

Use todays performance. You can gain momentum here. Romo and Dallas did the usual when given the opportunity. Colin Cowherd, stop praising Romo. Eli Manning has more clutch in his asshole.

:laugh: Easy could crack walnuts in his sphincter man..... :flex:

Not just any 3-man rush; He had Bernard coming off the end and Tuck in coverage! :facepalm:

Jesus...I am so sorry that the Ravens had some effectiveness back in 2000 in faking out the offense by having a D lineman in coverage....But notice to the D coordinators in the NFL. That was 11 FUCKING YEARS AGO!!! OFFENSES HAVE ADJUSTED AND EAT THAT SHIT UP!!! A QB like Rodgers probably comes in his pants just imagining a D lineman trying to cover a TE or RB in space. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: THE DREADED ZONE BLITZ IS FOOD FOR THE OFFENSE YOU HOLES!!!