SportsWrath

And you know wht going to piss me off the most...

NeMesiS

Yup. I said that back in camp, when all the injuries were mounting up and it was all gloom & doom around here. When we are bad, it's 8-8 bad and drafting somewhere around 17th, never 3-13 and a top 5 pick.

The Giants are in NFL purgatory. Solid but not quite good enough to get very far. I think sometimes its actually more difficult to take that next step when you're in the middle of the pack as opposed to a team at the bottom of the league who can draft that franchise changing player.

Agreed. JPP is a star and Im hopeful for Prince. Nicks was a great pick too. Reese has done a really nice job with the first round when you break it down. No pick is a guarantee but theres even less certainty when you're picking toward the end of the round like the Giants have.

^ fair point but we've drafted guys like JPP, Marvin Austin, Prince are all top 10 talents. We've gotten tremendous value the past 2 years.

Yes - we have drafted some solid stuff the last few years but ultimately we still dont have a stud LBer that runs the defense.....and have achieved nothing. I think the schedule got the better of the Giants. But I think we will get far this season...and I mean FAR. Im glad we are getting the shit out of our system this early. We win the division and trust me, teams will not want to face us - we are that unpredictable. The running game needs to kick gear though - staring with Bradshaw this Sunday. Beat the Packers and this team is a different one going down thestretch. Outside of that...we need to thrash theCowboys back to back....not win....but maul!!!

Yup. I said that back in camp, when all the injuries were mounting up and it was all gloom & doom around here. When we are bad, it's 8-8 bad and drafting somewhere around 17th, never 3-13 and a top 5 pick.

wasn't or last number 5 pick the dude with only 1 eye??

We took Eli 3rd or 4th? Can't remember.

we didn't pick Eli.... he was 1st overall.

yes. good point.

. Did we pick River's 3rd or 4th? And where did Merriman go the following year?

looked it up. Merriman went 12th which I believe was thr pick we traded the year before.

wasn't or last number 5 pick the dude with only 1 eye??

We took Eli 3rd or 4th? Can't remember.

Ayup Cedric Jones....the Giants claimed he kept it a secret from them....I believe that he was so well adapted to it obviously he played at a high level in college and went high in the draft that I think it never occurred to him to make mention of it as it was a non-factor. I am severely deaf on my right side...but unless I tell you...unless you are very observant or an audiologist ....you would never know. I always position myself to the right and/or make sure there is a wall or objects behind me to reflect the sound back a second time to give me a chance to pick up whats said on my right side.

yes. good point.

. Did we pick River's 3rd or 4th? And where did Merriman go the following year?

looked it up. Merriman went 12th which I believe was thr pick we traded the year before.

I believe they took Nate Kaeding and Shawn Merriman with our picks, you are correct.

And I believe Rivers was 4th

I believe they took Nate Kaeding and Shawn Merriman with our picks, you are correct.

And I believe Rivers was 4th

It's funny how awesome the Chargers seemed to have done with the picks the Giants gave them. Merriman was becoming one of the best defensive forces in the game and Kaeding was looking like a great kicker. Looks a lot different now, albeit due to some injuries.

It's funny how awesome the Chargers seemed to have done with the picks the Giants gave them. Merriman was becoming one of the best defensive forces in the game and Kaeding was looking like a great kicker. Looks a lot different now, albeit due to some injuries.

Would we have a SB title with Rivers and those 2 picks....who knows....but the fact that we got one with Eli is enough for me to say it was worth it. I mean, I doubt we would have taken a linebacker, that's for damn sure, lol.