SportsWrath

Ok, back to reality.

Storm

We need to work hard on our red zone playcalling and execution. There's no reason that game should have ever been close. Eli needs to hold on to that ball as opposed to throwing away a chance at 3 points (I saw an early game in which the Bills SHOULD have gone for a field goal down by 17 and it might have been the difference in the game, down by two scores compared to 3, instead they went for it, and ended up giving up the momentum shift over to the Jets at that point of the game when they went for it and missed the one yard conversion)---in other words, field goals are just as important as touchdowns to the outcome of the game. I wish, at times, that we would realize that.

Further. There is absolutely no reason to run draw plays from the 7. Yah, it's not normally what teams are expecting, blah blah blah. But you have to establish a down field attack long before it works with any consistency (and we didn't establish a down field attack until about 3 minutes left in the 4th). And it certainly does not work inside the 10, ever. And if you DO run a draw play, why give it to the slowest back on the field? I have no feelings at all for Brandon Jacobs, but he's more explosive and I'll even say that he's faster than DJ Ware.....why is he not getting the (albeit STUPID playcall) draw play? Why are we running that anyway? If you want to get unpredictable, go with the playaction inside the 10, lol.....it's a lot more effective.

We need to work hard on our red zone playcalling and execution. There's no reason that game should have ever been close. Eli needs to hold on to that ball as opposed to throwing away a chance at 3 points (I saw an early game in which the Bills SHOULD have gone for a field goal down by 17 and it might have been the difference in the game, down by two scores compared to 3, instead they went for it, and ended up giving up the momentum shift over to the Jets at that point of the game when they went for it and missed the one yard conversion)---in other words, field goals are just as important as touchdowns to the outcome of the game. I wish, at times, that we would realize that.

Further. There is absolutely no reason to run draw plays from the 7. Yah, it's not normally what teams are expecting, blah blah blah. But you have to establish a down field attack long before it works with any consistency (and we didn't establish a down field attack until about 3 minutes left in the 4th). And it certainly does not work inside the 10, ever. And if you DO run a draw play, why give it to the slowest back on the field? I have no feelings at all for Brandon Jacobs, but he's more explosive and I'll even say that he's faster than DJ Ware.....why is he not getting the (albeit STUPID playcall) draw play? Why are we running that anyway? If you want to get unpredictable, go with the playaction inside the 10, lol.....it's a lot more effective.

Brandon does not get the draw call because he is slow as a cement truck off the mark.....the draw depends on explosive quickness to work.......Brandon does well when there is a hole and he has build up speed.......hes a bull in a china shop once he gets into the secondary......They should use Scott for the draw.....easily our quickest RB

Reality checks in on Wednesday. This thread is locked until then.

Thanks Rik... as a matter of fact I will petition this one extended till Thursday due to the emotional drain I feel this morning... I kid you not I jumped so high when we scored our last TD I almost touched the ceiling with my head... :flex:

Well in Gilfuck's bible....thou shalt not run playaction beyond once every other game....its against his inner run and shoot beliefs man...

I saw a pretty good defense on the part of the Pats yesterday. I also saw a team that was more determined to seek revenge than it was actually admitting to--unless Brady always has temper tantrums on the sideline like that. :laugh:

Granted, an INT in the endzone is frustrating as hell, but the guy made a pretty fine grab to haul it in. It wasn't a 2005 edition Eli Int where it was thrown into his chest.

I'm not at all sure where you think we have red zone issues, though. I think we've done an excellent job keeping Tynes off of the field except for PATs so far this season. Hopefully, that continues while we face tougher competition.

Brandon does not get the draw call because he is slow as a cement truck off the mark.....the draw depends on explosive quickness to work.......Brandon does well when there is a hole and he has build up speed.......hes a bull in a china shop once he gets into the secondary......They should use Scott for the draw.....easily our quickest RB

Brandon Jacobs is faster than DJ NoWare, that was the point in the OP, lol. But ya, that play shouldn't be in our playbook inside the 10.

Brandon Jacobs is faster than DJ NoWare, that was the point in the OP, lol. But ya, that play shouldn't be in our playbook inside the 10.

Yea, I was talking to a friend of mine today, I believe he is BobPapa4Prez here, but he doesn't come around often. And we agreed that first down inside the five, every play should be a dive to Jacobs or play action until a touchdown is scored. Nothing else (except a Bradshaw leap if healthy). And, mostly dives.

I saw a pretty good defense on the part of the Pats yesterday. I also saw a team that was more determined to seek revenge than it was actually admitting to--unless Brady always has temper tantrums on the sideline like that. :laugh:

Granted, an INT in the endzone is frustrating as hell, but the guy made a pretty fine grab to haul it in. It wasn't a 2005 edition Eli Int where it was thrown into his chest.

I'm not at all sure where you think we have red zone issues, though. I think we've done an excellent job keeping Tynes off of the field except for PATs so far this season. Hopefully, that continues while we face tougher competition.

I saw us get inside the 10 twice yesterday and come away with 3 points, mainly because of the playcall and a silly delay of game penalty. Further, I see us week in and week out getting holding, delay of game, false starts, etc etc in the red zone.

So my question to you is, how do you NOT see red zone woes every week?

Of Tynes 9 attempts this season, 6 are from 20-29. So let's think about this for a second. The end zone is 10 yards, correct? So this means that he has kicked 6 field goals from the 10-19. That's the red zone, and I rest my case.

There is a lack of discipline down there that is disturbing to me. And the draws on 2nd down from the 7 have to stop.

Guest StrahansGap

I was driving my daughter home. Left the house when NE went up 13-10. Heard both TD drives called by the greatest radio play-by-play man I've ever heard. Added so much to an already amazing feeling.

Bob Papa is truly one of the best if not the best I've ever heard.

I saw us get inside the 10 twice yesterday and come away with 3 points, mainly because of the playcall and a silly delay of game penalty. Further, I see us week in and week out getting holding, delay of game, false starts, etc etc in the red zone.

Of Tynes 9 attempts this season, 6 are from 20-29. So let's think about this for a second. The end zone is 10 yards, correct? So this means that he has kicked 6 field goals from the 10-19. That's the red zone, and I rest my case.

There is a lack of discipline down there that is disturbing to me. And the draws on 2nd down from the 7 have to stop.

Minus 7 yards for where the ball is set, it's really 3-12. Deep in the red zone.

Because we're ranked 7th in touchdowns with 24 offensively (3 a game); and 32nd in field goal attempts with 9. That tells me that more often than not, we're scoring touchdowns. Whether or not those tds are coming from within 20 yards or not, I don't care.

I would be disturbed with two ints in the red zone. But even there, one was an excellent defensive play, and the other was off of a tip.

So, between the turnovers and the 9 attempts, you're still talking about 1.2 stalled scoring drives a game. (I can't remember, did we turn one over on downs?) Anyway, you're still talking about a 69% touchdown rate on clear scoring drives.

Because we're ranked 7th in touchdowns with 24 offensively (3 a game); and 32nd in field goal attempts with 9. That tells me that more often than not, we're scoring touchdowns. Whether or not those tds are coming from within 20 yards or not, I don't care.

I would be disturbed with two ints in the red zone. But even there, one was an excellent defensive play, and the other was off of a tip.

So, between the turnovers and the 9 attempts, you're still talking about 1.2 stalled scoring drives a game. (I can't remember, did we turn one over on downs?) Anyway, you're still talking about a 69% touchdown rate on clear scoring drives.

That's more likely because Tynes can't make anything outside of 40 and we can't send him out, not that our red zone efficiency is that great. 7th in touchdowns is cool and all, but I'm talking about red zone efficiency. I am happy that we score points too, I'm saying the red zone play call, execution, and discipline has been atrocious this year. And I think we did turn one over on downs.

And the back foot lame duck to a double covered Manningham was a good play by the defense? It was a pretty easy catch for most NFL cornerbacks and pretty poor execution by Manning. He made up for it later on, but you have to take a sack there.

That's more likely because Tynes can't make anything outside of 40 and we can't send him out, not that our red zone efficiency is that great. 7th in touchdowns is cool and all, but I'm talking about red zone efficiency. I am happy that we score points too, I'm saying the red zone play call, execution, and discipline has been atrocious this year. And I think we did turn one over on downs.

And the back foot lame duck to a double covered Manningham was a good play by the defense? It was a pretty easy catch for most NFL cornerbacks and pretty poor execution by Manning. He made up for it later on, but you have to take a sack there.

At that range, he's about average in number of attempts. Somewhere between 7th and 11th.

And take a look at that interception again. The guy that caught it was covering Ballard, and drifted back.

At that range, he's about average in number of attempts. Somewhere between 7th and 11th.

And take a look at that interception again. The guy that caught it was covering Ballard, and drifted back.

The interception was also a poorly designed play. If that was a 1 or 2 man route on that side we easily score. Manningham had his man torched. Not excusing Eli for the bad pass, but there were other factors in play.

The interception was also a poorly designed play. If that was a 1 or 2 man route on that side we easily score. Manningham had his man torched. Not excusing Eli for the bad pass, but there were other factors in play.

I actually wondered if Ballard (or was it Pascoe?) took his route a little too deep on that play and pushed the guy covering him into the passing lane... result, an INT. I can't imagine it was actually drawn up like that.

But unlike the days of Shockey & Burress, thats one of the few times this year where I saw too many receivers too close to each other.

I actually wondered if Ballard (or was it Pascoe?) took his route a little too deep on that play and pushed the guy covering him into the passing lane... result, an INT. I can't imagine it was actually drawn up like that.

But unlike the days of Shockey & Burress, thats one of the few times this year where I saw too many receivers too close to each other.

This could be true and granted my knowledge of offensive schemes is limited, but imo you have more flexibility with a 2 man route to one side than a 3 man, especially that close to the goal line. Idk what the other receiver did (probably a slant), but it looked like Ballard was supposed to run a short out and Mario ran the fade. I saw that coming as soon as we lined up trips left.

Eli threw off his back foot ..........he should get a 25,000 dollar penalty for each back foot throw he does not throw into the ground or out of bound.........half result in INTs, often Pick sixs

Eli does that because a defender is in his face... no other way to throw it... I'd rather he throws it away and live another down.

stop it

we don't need to do anything but stay healthy, enthusiastic, and continue to win

right now no one can walk into a Giants game with an advantage (Packers included)

we have reached the tipping point and are now headed downhill as in coasting into the SB........no more uphill climbs