SportsWrath

Who do you want to draft at 25?

parlintm

Round 1 draft choice  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who should we draft at 25? Assuming Cromartie, Hill and Sims are all gone?

• Demeco Ryans
    • Bobby Carpenter
    • Chad Greenway
    • Jonathon Joseph
    • Richard Marshall
    • Kelly Jennings
    • Ashton Youboty
    • Gabe Watson/another DT not named Bunkely or Ngata
    • Eric Winston
    • Marcus Mcneill
    • Mathias K.
    • Lendale White
    • Deangelo Williams

It really has to be Carpenter.

Now, here is an interesting scenario. We all know that NE and Cleveland really like Carpenter. Maybe if they are that desperate for him, but still would rather have taken the guy they picked due value wise, we could shop around our pick and we give them our #25 for a future first rounder and this year's third from them, maybe even second.

I'd be all for that.

Edited by gateb

At this point...I'd go with McNeil at 25. McNeil could be our franchise LT once he pushes Puke out the door.

This draft stinks for DTs the only two worth a first round pick will be long gone by 25. Gabe's work ethic and coachability are question marks way to big for him to be drafted in the first round.

Since the draft is deep in linebackers...we could wait until the 3rd round for one and draft a corner in the second.

Swing for the fences and go for the most talented guys. Cromartie or Watson. After that, I'd love to draft Whitner or Joseph.

Im a fan of the swing for the fences mentality with this draft. If that means trading up or going w/ a risky pick like Watson... Im all for it. Our defensive front is one DT away from being unstoppable. Watson just might be the right fit.

I'm happy with Winston or Ryans first at 25. I think Winston is a greater need position but I think Ryans might be the better player and is a perfect fit for the Giants.

Also, I think you should allow Tye Hill as a choice. I don't think it's a longshot to say the guy will be on the board when we pick. (I'd still advocate Winston or Ryans).

I count 12 players that absolutely, no way in hell will be available when we choose.

I count another 6 that are longshots. Tye Hill isn't in either group.

You can't really put "Defensive Tackle" as one option when the remaining options are all players. It flaws the poll.

Swing for the fences and go for the most talented guys. Cromartie or Watson. After that, I'd love to draft Whitner or Joseph.

Yeah, I'm beginning to get that feeling too. LaVar just opnened up our whole Draft...I'd be for taking two DTs (Watson and Dvoracek)

With what I'm sure is an unpopular pick, I'd like to see us draft Lendale, I know noone wants to think about the future since we have what appears to be a very good team right now, but someday Tiki is not going to be wearing Blue, and I'm affraid thats going to be pretty soon, like another 2 years. I'd hate to see us waste all the talent on both sides of the ball we currently have by not having an adequate RB. Yes we have Jacobs and yes we need to see if he'll be a good RB or not, but he an intersting project at best at the moment. Lendale is a top 10 or 15 talent, and could be our long term replacement for Tiki.

However, ideally I'd like to see us work out something with the Texans and make a trade for Davis and then draft a corner, the kid Cromartie possibly. I saw his interview this morning and he has the perfect CB attitude from what i saw.

VG... i agree with the part about Dominick Davis.... i was looking at him as a free agent next year and thinking he was one that we should probably pick up... he's like the next Tiki Barber... maybe they'll take a 2nd rounder for him and a late conditional pick next year? thats what im hopin... good idea IMO

Sorry for leaving out Tye Hill. Completely slipped my mind but I agree that he could definitely slip to us. Another player that I should have added was Lawson.

Are there any tackles that are 1st round considerations other than Watson at 25?

Interesting that almost everyone would who voted for LB would take Carp over Greenway or Ryans. I thought it would be closer than that, especially given Carpenter's injury.