SportsWrath

An Elite Performance on Sunday?

JMFP

The Giants may need Eli to bring his "A" game in order to win this one.

I'm not talking about monster stats....I'm talking about playing the position as well as possible.

First, he'll need to avoid idiotic turnovers.

Second, he'll need to make the throws he is supposed to hit.

Third, he'll need to make throws to guys who otherwise are covered well.....we've seen Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, and Brees hit plays on receivers who really aren't open.

He'll also need help....his receivers have to run good routes; his line will need to give him time; his running backs will need to pick up the bltiz, catch out of the backfield, and pick up short yardage.

Eli has had some big games before. But if he wants this team to "discover their identity", he needs to lead the way this weekend.

I'm not talking about monster stats....I'm talking about playing the position as well as possible.

Third, he'll need to make throws to guys who otherwise are covered well.....we've seen Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, and Brees hit plays on receivers who really aren't open.

He'll also need help....his receivers have to run good routes; his line will need to give him time; his running backs will need to pick up the bltiz, catch out of the backfield, and pick up short yardage.

Eli has had some big games before. But if he wants this team to "discover their identity", he needs to lead the way this weekend.

Eli, or should I say Brady Jr., is in way over his head this year. This will become painfully obvious. Beginning this week.

Eli, or should I say Brady Jr., is in way over his head this year. This will become painfully obvious. Beginning this week.

Funny how quickly you forget romo giving away the game against the Jets.

And go figure....not a PEEP outta you when he choked it away. :rolleyes:

From the perspective of someone who wants both teams to lose.

Giants to win:

Eagles are weak against the run game and the Giants are designed around the run. Perfect game for the Giants to try and get the run game going. I don't think you guys will do very well this year without a strong ground game. You're secondary hasn't been playing well so probably best to try and keep the ball as long as you can.

I think Eli trying to air it out isn't a good idea. Something does look weird about him this year. It's early but it seems like he's regressing. Not sure why that is.

If Vick plays try and rattle him early. You have a good pass rush so you can give him pressure without having to do full on blitzes.

Eagles to win:

Take advantage of the Giants confusion on defense. If Vick plays I think that will add to the confusion. Especially if you aren't getting constant pressure.

On defense they should focus on stopping the run game. I don't think the Giants can win without it.

Should be a good game. I'll probably watch and and root for a tie.

To be honest I'd be surprised if the Giants pull this one off if Vick plays though.

Funny how quickly you forget romo giving away the game against the Jets.

And go figure....not a PEEP outta you when he choked it away. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's a good point, eggy. How come we didn't get to share your wit & wisdom after that game?

Egg, Eli get more composure in his left toe nail than Romo ever will... say what you will about Eli but the kid can bring it.

Giants to win:

Eagles are weak against the run game and the Giants are designed around the run. Perfect game for the Giants to try and get the run game going. I don't think you guys will do very well this year without a strong ground game. You're secondary hasn't been playing well so probably best to try and keep the ball as long as you can.

I think Eli trying to air it out isn't a good idea. Something does look weird about him this year. It's early but it seems like he's regressing. Not sure why that is.

If Vick plays try and rattle him early. You have a good pass rush so you can give him pressure without having to do full on blitzes.

Eagles to win:

Take advantage of the Giants confusion on defense. If Vick plays I think that will add to the confusion. Especially if you aren't getting constant pressure.

On defense they should focus on stopping the run game. I don't think the Giants can win without it.

To be honest I'd be surprised if the Giants pull this one off if Vick plays though.

Mik, I think Eli just started the season slow... I feel it took him a game and a half to do so.. hopefully he can build on his success in the 2nd half against the rams and ram the Eagles.

I think your analysis is sound Egg except for the part about Giants D confusion

We have no confusion.......Monday might as usual Spags pulled a Rabbit out of his hat with the 60 minute 2 minute offense but had no answer for our Red Zone D

We are learning to perfect our zone coverage.........once our players master it, we will be able to switch gears on high scoring teams like the Eagles and Patriots to stunt their long strike offenses.....I saw signs the zone was coming into shape the second half of the Rams game......I hope so

So far this year no team has been able to throw behind our safteys

True we are forced into more zone coverage this year but its actually going to help us late on when Akumura, Osi and other start to contribute.

The Giants are not confused......they have a very good handle on what is needed tomorrow

Do you get the Giants/Eagles game in Dallas as your team is playing Monday night?

BTW good luck with the Redskins ......they are not the p[atsies of old anymore

Giants to win:

Eagles to win:

I'm in full agreement with the stinkin' Skins fan.

BADEGG......WHERE THE FUCK YOU AT YOU LITTLE BITCH???? CANT SAY SHIT NOW, BUT IM SURE YOU'RE WAITING FOR THE COWSHITS GAME....DONT MATTER.....BIGBLUE BABY!!!!!!

:giants: :giants: :giants: :giants: :giants: :giants: :giants:

My fingers should be smashed with a sledgehammer for typing this but....I hope Dallas beats the 'Skins tomorrow.

My fingers should be smashed with a sledgehammer for typing this but....I hope Dallas beats the 'Skins tomorrow.

No, I hear you. that would be better all around, but Im referring more to badegg being sure we'd get whooped, and us kickin' that ass!!