SportsWrath

Ok so what positives can we take away from this game

JackStroud

C, you're right... we could've lost that game very easily. Boley was heads up on that play and he's been a great player for us so far. Rocky Bernard and Chris Canty also both played well and they played well week 1, also.

What you can take away from this game that is positive:

1) This team is difficult to run against. 59 yards rushing for the Rams. Yes, no S-Jax, but Cadillac is not a bad player and he ran for 91 last week. We are shutting down the run pretty well.

2) Eli got better as the game wore on. He was 15-17 after starting 2-11. That is encouraging. However, the Rams secondary is worse than ours. Next week is going to be tough... we'll need to really hurt the Eagles in the run game to open things up for the receivers, and even then, the Eagles CB's are awfully good. Still, I was encouraged that Eli played better after a bad start.

The Giants are going to have to score 35 next week to win, I believe.

C, you're right... we could've lost that game very easily. Boley was heads up on that play and he's been a great player for us so far. Rocky Bernard and Chris Canty also both played well and they played well week 1, also.

What you can take away from this game that is positive:

1) This team is difficult to run against. 59 yards rushing for the Rams. Yes, no S-Jax, but Cadillac is not a bad player and he ran for 91 last week. We are shutting down the run pretty well.

2) Eli got better as the game wore on. He was 15-17 after starting 2-11. That is encouraging. However, the Rams secondary is worse than ours. Next week is going to be tough... we'll need to really hurt the Eagles in the run game to open things up for the receivers, and even then, the Eagles CB's are awfully good. Still, I was encouraged that Eli played better after a bad start.

The Giants are going to have to score 35 next week to win, I believe.

Agreed..I didn't mean to be so negative.....I think the can do that on a regular enough basis to be a player in the NFC too.

C.W agon

We once again discovered that Coughlin is the king of red flags.

We discovered that our defense really sucks when the opposing team goes into a no-huddle, hurry-up offense. Thank heavens a few of our guys know how to lay on the ground and feign injury to stop the madness.

Maybe we could learn a thing or two from Spag's strategy of getting the ball off before the defense is even back to the line. We should pull it next week against the Eagles.

I thought Ross sucked and can't wait for Prince Amukamara to get into the game. I'm not sure Ross is even an adequate backup CB.

I learned how much I miss Spags wearing Giants blue. He has so many pass rushing schemes and they work. Imagine what he could do with Pierre-Paul, Tuck, Osi, and our LB's.

By halftime, I was no longer pacing and holding my breath every time there was a punt of kickoff to the Giants.

I learned that this team is a work in process and will get better if they can stop getting hurt and Eli stops giving away his target with his eyes.

I completely forgot about Prince :doh:

1. When Eli doesn't have 57 pre-snap reads, he's actually a pretty good quarterback. I don't think it's a coincidence that after Gilly quit with all of that stupid "Omaha" bullshit in the second half Eli played much better. Amazing that Gilbride has been around for seven years and he still hasn't figured that out.

2. Aaron Ross just flat-out can't play. Can't cover, can't run. It's a real shame since he was pretty decent during his rookie year.

3. Kevin Gilbride continues to hate the running game, no matter how well it's working. Ahmad Bradshaw may be the offense's best playmaker and he's woefully underused.

4. The Giants beat the Rams the way the G-men usually lose... by taking advantage of the other teams' mistakes. No fumble, no muffed punt, and 1/2 the penalties and the Rams come out with the victory in this one.

5. Mario Manningham is too dumb to play in this offense. Gilly is too dumb to realize it and dumb it down for Manningham.

6. JPP is just going to get held on every play this season, and you will never see a flag.

7. It was nice to see Fewell stick with what was working... the blitz. Last week we had success with it and Fewell inexplicably decided to play dime coverage on passing downs instead.

you know what was hillarious

when Coughlin in his press conference (looking for all the world like his mother just died).......said the Rams were putting "27" men in the box

LOL hahahahahahaha!!!!!! I saw it too........they had anywhere from 7-9 in the box all night

what do you do if a team wants to play that tight?.............you stretch the Fnnnnnn field

We didnt do that

I hope we do against the Egsles

1. When Eli doesn't have 57 pre-snap reads, he's actually a pretty good quarterback. I don't think it's a coincidence that after Gilly quit with all of that stupid "Omaha" bullshit in the second half Eli played much better. Amazing that Gilbride has been around for seven years and he still hasn't figured that out.

2. Aaron Ross just flat-out can't play. Can't cover, can't run. It's a real shame since he was pretty decent during his rookie year.

3. Kevin Gilbride continues to hate the running game, no matter how well it's working. Ahmad Bradshaw may be the offense's best playmaker and he's woefully underused.

4. The Giants beat the Rams the way the G-men usually lose... by taking advantage of the other teams' mistakes. No fumble, no muffed punt, and 1/2 the penalties and the Rams come out with the victory in this one.

5. Mario Manningham is too dumb to play in this offense. Gilly is too dumb to realize it and dumb it down for Manningham.

6. JPP is just going to get held on every play this season, and you will never see a flag.

7. It was nice to see Fewell stick with what was working... the blitz. Last week we had success with it and Fewell inexplicably decided to play dime coverage on passing downs instead.

Why is Mario dumb...I understand he now has a concussion but what leads you to believe hes dumb????

Having said that Stokley was in for a few plays and should how very savvvy he is......the other guy was definitely holding him but Stokley grabbed his arm and arm barred him and did it where no one could see it....LOL

I thought Gilbride did a great job using the running backs last night. Not only in running plays (38), but with dump off passes, which had mysteriously disappeared last season. In the second half, I thought I was watching a Ron Erhardt offense. That despite the backs having a sub-par 3.1 rushing average. Considering that of the 29 pass attempts, 7 were to backs, I wonder where the complaint is coming from in this game. Other games, sure, but not this one.

Thank god I'm not the only one to think that about Manningham. He runs some awful routes, and I can't for the life of me understand why people think he would be good in the slot. Leave him on the outside all day.

I'm not sure the Rams would have won without the mistakes. They simply could not make 6 points from the red zone. Don't get me wrong, the mistakes helped A LOT, but I didn't see much to believe that we couldn't have won without them.

Fewell had to stick with the blitz. A four man rush wasn't getting it done, and Bradford was picking us apart.

Is this guy Prince really that good???

I do not follow college football where was he ranked in last years DB draft class?

He was the number one CB in the draft. He's big, fast, and put up stellar numbers all through college. Pretty much every board had him going anywhere from the 4th to the 9th pick overall - definitely a top-10 pick. Somehow he fell into our laps. There was no way we could pass him up. Other teams passed him up because they were picking for need rather than best player available.

He was the number one CB in the draft. He's big, fast, and put up stellar numbers all through college. Pretty much every board had him going anywhere from the 4th to the 9th pick overall - definitely a top-10 pick. Somehow he fell into our laps. There was no way we could pass him up. Other teams passed him up because they were picking for need rather than best player available.

No, that was Patrick Peterson.