SportsWrath

The DB's

Allstarjim

Dude when you watch the video he displays PERFECT

Technique.

Polamalu and Mitchell got 20-50 pounds on T2 as well.

Weight doesn't mean anything compared to technique, it's all about tipping the opponent's centre-of-gravity over their base.

we have a very very good D and its hardly dependent on one player................lets not jump off the bridge here :rolleyes:

this prince character will be back in Oct and Ross is not chopped liver

Jack. I'm glad you're so uppity about our secondary. Prince is coming back from injury and he's a rookie. Meaning he was gonna be more than likely backing up web or TT this season and coming back from injury doesn't help. As for Ross, I like the dude but he's made of glass. Contract season or not. Two secondary down and we are screwed if Ross breaks.

You obviously don't watch the games T2 is among the best tacklers in the game.

it might not happen often, but Osi724dasack remembers through the haze correctly... TT led the team in tackles last year, and has made more tackles on RUNNINGBACKS than almost any other corner in the NFL over the last couple years. He led the league in 2009, and although the numbers are hard to find, its a safe bet he was among the league leaders in 2010 too.

The Numbers

Cornerbacks that can't tackle don't take down NFL runningbacks 40 times a year... some corners won't put a hat on a receiver 40 times a year.

We're about to find out just how good Terrell Thomas really is :-(

This will be the last thread I make regarding a position group or specific players right before a game.

phew, i thought it was because i switched to a defensive themed avatar. i really like this avatar too and didn't want to change it, though after the injury i was debating just switching to jeff feagles avatars for the year.

Dude, not only did I jinx it here... I said WTF in the game thread when I saw Witherspoon back to punt return in the 3rd, and then the next time he goes back there for a punt return he sprains his MCL. I'm going to stop posting during and before games.

Dude, not only did I jinx it here... I said WTF in the game thread when I saw Witherspoon back to punt return in the 3rd, and then the next time he goes back there for a punt return he sprains his MCL. I'm going to stop posting during and before games.

ok, so my avy stays for now.

Did a young Allstarjim start a thread in 97' called "I think Sehorn should run back Kicks?"

For the love of god...start posting about the Eagles Secondary Jim...don't waste this gift.

C.W agon.

what in heavens name did we do before terrel thomas joined the giants in 2008??

answer- we won the super bowl

if your corner is making the majority of tackles you're in trouble.......last year we were in trouble

the rest of the DBs and Defense have to step up......your LBers should be the tackling leaders....we destroyed the Bears a very good team last night........stop all this negative bullshit

even without Thomas who was NOT a shut down corner we are one of the premier if not THE premier D in the NFL

with the pressure we bring you have to look at the D in a more holistic way

the pressure we bring makes even pedestrian DBs look good

also the team is not complete .....there will be players added and subtracted right up to game one

my big issue is keeping the fragile assinine Tynes and not keeping this kicking machine we brought in Rhys

if your corner is making the majority of tackles your in trouble.......last year we were in trouble

It took Jack to state the obvious. You can't make a tackle unless the ball's in your area. T2 leading in tackles means he's being targeted a lot, not that he's a great tackler.

But it also means that he effectively beat the receiver blocking him a lot of times on running plays and effectively brought the ball carrier down. There are not many corners out there that can do what T2 did last year. Tree, you're right almost all the time, buddy, but you got this one wrong.

But it also means that he effectively beat the receiver blocking him a lot of times on running plays and effectively brought the ball carrier down. There are not many corners out there that can do what T2 did last year. Tree, you're right almost all the time, buddy, but you got this one wrong.

I stand by my criticism of his technique for head-on tackles. It's poor, dangerous and at times very ineffective.

Jim appears distraught about the loss of Thomas

Get over it man......he wont be the last starter to go down in the NFL........The Pats lost Tom Brady in game one a few years ago and were still in the hunt til the end

Maybe they should call it Medicare Stadium

MetLife Stadium.....man that sounds lame

Will they hang a Giant Snoopy off the facade?

Jack... I'm not in angst over 1 guy. I know you can count, so here it is.... we lost Bruce Johnson for the year. We lost Amukamara for the season and he's a rookie. MAYBE he's as good as his draft position and MAYBE he gets healthy enough to contribute sometime in October or November and MAYBE he will know enough without any reps at all to be an effective defensive back for us. That's a lot of maybe's.

Then we lose T2 AND Witherspoon. That's FOUR cornerbacks. You might not think that is a problem, but for the love, they are bringing in Lito Sheppard. So if you think I'm irrationally panicking, what do you think Reese is doing right now? We have to keep the remaining corners on this team healthy, and if you don't understand, let me help you... this team is only as good as it's secondary.

Jack... I'm not in angst over 1 guy. I know you can count, so here it is.... we lost Bruce Johnson for the year. We lost Amukamara for the season and he's a rookie. MAYBE he's as good as his draft position and MAYBE he gets healthy enough to contribute sometime in October or November and MAYBE he will know enough without any reps at all to be an effective defensive back for us. That's a lot of maybe's.

Then we lose T2 AND Witherspoon. That's FOUR cornerbacks. You might not think that is a problem, but for the love, they are bringing in Lito Sheppard. So if you think I'm irrationally panicking, what do you think Reese is doing right now? We have to keep the remaining corners on this team healthy, and if you don't understand, let me help you... this team is only as good as it's secondary.

Its nice to have good corners but other positions can overcome it

We have the makings of a strong, tough, barbarian front seven

Our running game should keep most opposing offenses on their benches

We have a strong team,,,,,,, emphasis on TEAM......even Eli is expendable now withthe two back up QBs we have, and I even like the 4th

I'm far from throwing in the towel for the loss of a few corners.......we still have two legitimate starting corners BTW....some teams have nobody