SportsWrath

The DB's

Allstarjim

I have to temper my enthusiasm, because we're just in preseason, and we have a ways to go before the play on the field really matters. But everything I'm reading in the practice reports and from what I've seen in the first preseason game, we have two pretty good young corners in Brian Witherspoon and Michael Coe. These two guys have really flashed, and I'm especially impressed with Witherspoon... who has been playing out of his mind. This would seem to me to be the deepest and most talented group of corners we've ever had. I'm really enthusiastic about Terrell Thomas, and of course, I think Webster is a top 5 corner in the NFL, and not many people know it. If Ross is healthy, he is a plus corner as well, going into a contract year. Then you have Amukamara, who hopefully will be healthy and playing at a high level late in the season for the stretch run.

I hope that both Coe and Witherspoon are in the team's plans to make the 53 man roster... I think they are and would be surprised if either is cut. Take a look at them tonight. I have a feeling that Witherspoon is going to make a big play on MNF. :P

I have to temper my enthusiasm, because we're just in preseason, and we have a ways to go before the play on the field really matters. But everything I'm reading in the practice reports and from what I've seen in the first preseason game, we have two pretty good young corners in Brian Witherspoon and Michael Coe. These two guys have really flashed, and I'm especially impressed with Witherspoon... who has been playing out of his mind. This would seem to me to be the deepest and most talented group of corners we've ever had. I'm really enthusiastic about Terrell Thomas, and of course, I think Webster is a top 5 corner in the NFL, and not many people know it. If Ross is healthy, he is a plus corner as well, going into a contract year. Then you have Amukamara, who hopefully will be healthy and playing at a high level late in the season for the stretch run.

I hope that both Coe and Witherspoon are in the team's plans to make the 53 man roster... I think they are and would be surprised if either is cut. Take a look at them tonight. I have a feeling that Witherspoon is going to make a big play on MNF. :P

Or it could be that our Passing game has sucked balls. How's that for a pessimism thread? :P

And I think T2 and Webby are both top 15 NFL corners. We know Webby but T2 is elite at playmaking and tackling plus has very solid coverage.

TT is a horrible tackler. He couldn't wrap up a burrito. I've lost count of how many 1st downs he's given up after wiffing on tackles.

Witherspoon has looked good, but I think the man to watch is Coe. He seems to always be at the right place at the right time and has made a lot of noise in camp and with Prince nursing injuries, I think he has a good shot at sticking.

I also want to see how Beatty is coming along. Both Osi and JPP have worked him over and "they" say he's getting good. Hopefully he becomes the stud LT we need.

Also.....hopefully tonight we'll actually tackle guys to the ground instead of pretending its flag football.

Dude that's absurd. Absolutely absurd! Do you watch the games??? T2 is an elite tackler.

Did you watch LAST game. He did it again; could have dropped the receiver for negative yards and instead threw his body at the guy's legs, bounced off and gave up a 1st down. I does it all the time. "Elite tackler" my ass!

Did you watch LAST game. He did it again; could have dropped the receiver for negative yards and instead threw his body at the guy's legs, bounced off and gave up a 1st down. I does it all the time. "Elite tackler" my ass!

Dude REGuLAR SEASON games!! Lol I'm not basing his elite tackling after a preseason game in which they all had 8 practices for.

Cmon man every true giants fan know T2 can tackle.

Dude REGuLAR SEASON games!! Lol I'm not basing his elite tackling after a preseason game in which they all had 8 practices for.

Cmon man every true giants fan know T2 can tackle.

He's been doing it for years, last game was just an example.

You obviously don't watch the games T2 is among the best tacklers in the game.

LOL! Yeah, I hang out on a Giants board all day and just make shit up rather than watching the actual games. :facepalm: Do you know the difference between tackling, grappling and hitting? I don't think you do. TT consistently gives up unnecessary yardage due to poor technique, especially in head-on situations.

LOL! Yeah, I hang out on a Giants board all day and just make shit up rather than watching the actual games. :facepalm: Do you know the difference between tackling, grappling and hitting? I don't think you do. TT consistently gives up unnecessary yardage due to poor technique, especially in head-on situations.

LMAO!!! That was hilarious.

Although I dont normally agree with Osi and disagree with you, Im siding a little bit more with him on this one Tree. You think TT is a horrible tackler? I dont think hes that bad. His ball awareness and pickoff ability are his strengths, but hes a good tackler IMO.

LMAO!!! That was hilarious.

Although I dont normally agree with Osi and disagree with you, Im siding a little bit more with him on this one Tree. You think TT is a horrible tackler? I dont think hes that bad. His ball awareness and pickoff ability are his strengths, but hes a good tackler IMO.

I think TT could be much more effective against the short pass if he improved his technique at the point of contact. He reads the play very well, often meeting the receiver before the line of scrimmage even, but fails to wrap up and bring the man down. He tries to throw his body at the opponent rather than getting his shoulder into their mid-section, arms around the thighs and driving with his legs. This often result in the opponent bouncing off and gaining more yards. He's quite often the first to make contact but its someone else who brings him down, further down field and often past the first down marker.

Watch Troy Polamalu or old Kavika Mitchell footage for proper technique.