SportsWrath

Pat Hanlon getting fed up on twitter

Herc

Chad Ochocinco, Terrell Owens, even Maurice Jones-Drew, move over. The biggest Twitter trash-talker might be New York Giants vice president of communications Pat Hanlon.

Hanlon was at it again Wednesday, calling out fans for questioning the Giants' offseason moves.

On the same night that wide receiver Steve Smith signed with the Eagles, an NFC East rival, a fan tweeted: "Can you say definitively the Giants are better than last year?"

Hanlon's reply: "Can you say we're worse, knucklehead?"

Another fan tweeted: "All teams need to rebuild at one point, I'm not going to panic until the season begins." To which Hanlon says: "Re-build my ass! I got your re-build."

To this tweet from a fan: "Giants off-season can be summed up w/ one word: Debacle," Hanlon responds: "Thanks Lombardi. Cause I know you know."

Another fan said the Giants are worse on paper than they were last year.

"We don't play on paper. You know what you can do w/ that paper?" Hanlon responded.

In the past, Hanlon has used Twitter to poke the New York Jets.

Back in May, Hanlon responded to coach Rex Ryan, who said the Jets would have beaten the Packers had they made it to the Super Bowl, by tweeting: "You gotta be in it to win it" and repeated a Giants motto: "Talk is cheap."

Taking a further jab at Ryan, he tweeted: "Tom Coughlin wrote a book, too. It was about a team and an HC that won a Super Bowl."

The comments prompted Ryan to seemingly joke to ESPNNewYork.com's Jane McManus: "My big thing is, I think I can whip Pat. I'm worried about him throwing a BlackBerry at me."

Despite some of the more inflammatory tweets Wednesday, Hanlon's basic point seemed to be that Giants fans shouldn't panic just because the team hasn't made a substantial splash in free agency.

"Typically, we try to make our noise in Jan-Feb," he tweeted, as well as, "You like winning? Sit tight."

I saw this on my buddy's facebook. I have this to say about this comment:

#

I dunno man, "“Can you say definitively the Giants are better than last year?”

Hanlon: “Can you say we’re worse, knucklehead?”"

#

We've lost a bunch of key players replacing only 1 at center. He's talking about a shoddy, plodding, uninspired 2010 crew that has lost some of it's most firey players....and is left with essentially the same team as last year with a slightly better punter....

I saw this on my buddy's facebook. I have this to say about this comment:

#

I dunno man, "“Can you say definitively the Giants are better than last year?”

Hanlon: “Can you say we’re worse, knucklehead?”"

#

We've lost a bunch of key players replacing only 1 at center. He's talking about a shoddy, plodding, uninspired 2010 crew that has lost some of it's most firey players....and is left with essentially the same team as last year with a slightly better punter....

I don't know man.. I think our Defense is going to be ferocious this year. Those young TDs look like the real deal.. and JPP is gonna explode.. Fewel's second year now... it's on... and we will beat the Eagles.

i like our defense too, especially if the osi situation is resolved. i just dont think we handled our wr corps well at all

We only lost Smith.. let's face it Eli didn't want Plax back and I can't fault him.. Plax screwed us out of a shot at another SB. Smith was too injured... we are where we are...

I don't know man.. I think our Defense is going to be ferocious this year. Those young TDs look like the real deal.. and JPP is gonna explode.. Fewel's second year now... it's on... and we will beat the Eagles.

We will drop both to the Eagles. I guarantee it. Pull it out 6 months from now when it happens. They match up way too well against us. Oh what? We have a pass rush? They have a mobile quarterback with plenty of dump off options.

We will drop both to the Eagles. I guarantee it. Pull it out 6 months from now when it happens. They match up way too well against us. Oh what? We have a pass rush? They have a mobile quarterback with plenty of dump off options.

beer_budweiser-10289.jpg

Hanlon has long been one of the most...."active" PR persons. Whether or not he is doing it on an official basis he has long been a strong and LOUD Giants homer in the media. And since he has been doing it for so long you have to think what he is doing is fully sanctioned.

I really hope not, but feel quite the same way. We'll get pressure on Vick and maybe even sack him a handful of times. But our LB group isn't good enough to stay with McCoy out of the backfield. Celek isn't a scrub at TE either.

My concern about our D against their O pales in comparison to the matchup of our O against their D. I honestly don't see us moving the ball very well against them at all.

until the pre-season games are complete, the rookies evaluated, the final cuts made and the final additions signed we wont know if we are better than last year.......I'd argue we were very good last year but did not play to our ability......too many mistakes

The Jets did not get better......I'd say they got worse

The Eagles added a lot of flash and dash, but there is only one football and the games are primarily won in the trenches.....I don't see they have improved there, while we may have made great strides- we'll see.

The announcers were lamenting that without Marion Barber the Cowboys have no answer for 3rd and 1 and I had to laugh about all the disparaging statements made on this board about the possibility of picking up Barber for just that situaation.......Did the Cowboys get better.....maybe

The skins on paper certainly got better

And just for the record, I like Tim Tebow. Always have.....hes a natural born winner

Vince Young looked scarry at QB for the Eagles.......this guy has always given me the willies as he is impossible to bring to earth......you have to wait for him to make a boneheaded throw

i can deal with no smith and plax as long as we did something. im not comfortable with manningham as the #2 receiver and nobody is going to sell me on dominick hixon either.

Really? Im totally comfortable with Mario as the #2. Not sure about Hixon after his injury, but my gut tells me hed be good. But Mario as the #2, Im cool with that.

can you share your match up assessment? This should be quite interesting

Can you start with the Giants D Line Vs the Eagles O-Line.........I'm dying to hear this

Also how many times are they going to get to Eli and stop our running game?

Are they going to put Steve Smith and Andy Reid at DE??? LOL

can you share your match up assessment? This should be quite interesting

Can you start with the Giants D Line Vs the Eagles O-Line.........I'm dying to hear this

Also how many times are they going to get to Eli and stop our running game?

Are they going to put Steve Smith and Andy Reid at DE??? LOL

The Eagles beat us twice last year with what is essentially our current team. They didn't have much of a problem making the playoffs last year with a team with much more holes then than they do now. They've drastically improved their team. I don't think it's necessary to connect the two for you.

Where is that match up assessment............or are you all hot air?

Dude, you've seen their players from last year match up against ours. Now add better players and keep our team the same. You can do the matchups yourself.

Their one weakness is the linebackers and safeties but hey, we don't have any way to attack the middle of the field, remember?

Dude, you've seen their players from last year match up against ours. Now add better players and keep our team the same. You can do the matchups yourself.

Their one weakness is the linebackers and safeties but hey, we don't have any way to attack the middle of the field, remember?

Their linemen are all average to poor.......they have spent all their money on the skill positions.......football according to Vinny Lombardi (who has a trophy named after him) "Is won and lost in the Trenches"

Our D-Line might be the best int he NFL.........Our OLine using a lot of William Beatty last year led the league in fewest sacks allowed (16) and blocked for two 1000 yrd rushers

You never want to talk about the DE's or Dancing Elephants........add to that we picked up an awesome Center, and drafted two terrific O-Linemen....and Kiwi is back

Their linemen are all average to poor.......they have spent all their money on the skill positions.......football according to Vinny Lombardi (who has a trophy named after him) "Is won and lost in the Trenches"

Our D-Line might be the best int he NFL.........Our OLine using a lot of William Beatty last year led the league in fewest sacks allowed (16) and blocked for two 1000 yrd rushers

You never want to talk about the DE's or Dancing Elephants........add to that we picked up an awesome Center, and drafted two terrific O-Linemen....and Kiwi is back

Jacobs didnt rush for 1000.

Their defensive end starters are just as good. Their line might not be as deep. The one weakness they will have is depth. I'll give you that. But I put their starting defensive front four on par with ours.

And their oline is serviceable and doesn't really need to be as good as ours. That's not their style of offense.

Hope that clears some stuff up.

Really? Im totally comfortable with Mario as the #2. Not sure about Hixon after his injury, but my gut tells me hed be good. But Mario as the #2, Im cool with that.

i would've liked to see one more year like 2010 from him before putting him as the #2, that's all. i dont think he sucks or anything

time to close out this argument "Thier D Line is as good as ours" what medication are you on?

Taht guy Trent Cole you have a woody for could not break into our starting line-up :busted_cop:

Trent Cole > Osi Umenyiora.

If you can even name the other starters on that DLine, I'd be amazed. Their DTs are better and actually proven commodities.