SportsWrath

Expectations going into this season

jranieli

As the Giants rip towards their 4th trophy are you prepared for the teasing and torrent of shixx thats going to come down on your head?? I'll say this your consistent- consistently negative

you have placed yourself one rung below Badegg with your pessimistic blab blab blab

What did your mother tell you...........if you have nothing positive to add.....keep quiet

The Giants have one of the strongest rosters in the NFL......I really don't know what you're doing here??

Even Badegg posses real arguments

There was no money to keep the players you wanted to keep.....and one was/is probably done.....WR and RBs do not come back from micro-fracture surgery.......the other had a long history of concussions.......something you rally against

According to you, you should be trying to convince Boss to retire, not wind up like Wayne Cherbet

You havent even seen one Giants pre-season game and you've written them off :rolleyes:

My issue is with Coughlin, not anyone on the roster...............I'm 1000% behind the Giants on the field

Tiki was a virtual coin operated fumble machine and learned to hold the ball and become the best Giants RB of all time.......Bradshaw was a rookie 3 yrs ago......Tiki did not stop fumbling until his 5th or 6th yr.

Yes he fumbles...........he also is one of the most exciting dynamic RBs in the NFL.....hopefully he learns to go down when trapped and not try so hard to fight it.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was America

And yes, 3 key players took pay cuts so we WOULDN'T have any money to sign Smith and Boss. The money was there and why you're blaming Coughlin is beyond me. Blame Reese.

I'm not blaming Coughlin......I just think he's gotten a bit to old for this game, and we could do better.....he is certainly not a recruitment tool for free agents........as a matter of fact some who have left have ripped him s the reason they did.

I'd try and convince Gruden or "The Chin" to return to coach the Giants

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was America

And yes, 3 key players took pay cuts so we WOULDN'T have any money to sign Smith and Boss. The money was there and why you're blaming Coughlin is beyond me. Blame Reese.

Blame him for what?

One was/is a cripple who wanted starter money, and the other a serious brain injury waiting to happen

Blame him for what?

One was/is a cripple who wanted starter money, and the other a serious brain injury waiting to happen

You're hung up on the Smith/Boss losses. I'm talking about not only losing them but failing to adequately replace them.

\

I can't speak for everyone here but marquee name signings isn't what it's about. The gripe is with making room for your own players by restructuring several contracts and then shuffling your feet and not resigning any of your key players. And then failing to replace them with other free agents.

Oh, and the linebackers still suck.

Look I am not defending Reese. But If I was him i I wouldn't have been in a hurry to tie up Cap space right now on Steve Smith either. The only one is the Boss Signing the I feel he screwed us on. But you can't win them all. And like was stated he tried to keep Steve Smith last year. Smith said no. Can't fault him there.

Look I am not defending Reese. But If I was him i I wouldn't have been in a hurry to tie up Cap space right now on Steve Smith either. The only one is the Boss Signing the I feel he screwed us on. But you can't win them all. And like was stated he tried to keep Steve Smith last year. Smith said no. Can't fault him there.

I actually didn't know that.

My expectations are probably higher than most on this board. Our division is going to be very competitive again and the Eagles don't scare me like they do some....mainly because football is played on the field, not on paper. I suspect the Eagles will be a good team, just NOT the Patriots of 2007.

I know we lost some good players, but with cap restrictions and a slew of new rookies coming in where rosters are restricted to 53 player....that problem is always going to hurt somewhere. Especially when the team has an abundance of stars expecting a big payday. In fact, if Steve Smith stars for Philly, expect him to be demanding a long-term contract next year at 8M+ with tons of guaranteed money. The eagles next year are going to have the same problems with cap space that the Giants suffered this year. It's just the business of football.

So with all that said....here's why I've got great expectations out of the Giants this year.

I like the Giants chances of going far because of their defensive line, which will give pressure, pressure, pressure on the QB all game long and good things happen for the Giants when a QB is forced into quick unplanned plays. I can't wait to watch Austin and Joseph disrupt the line. I also think we have one of the top defensive backfields in the NFL with Webster, Thomas, Philips, Rolle, and the Prince (once he is ready) and decent backups in Ross, Sash, etc. I also think the LB's are much more solid than they are given credit and will be able to do their job now that the defensive line is doing their job (which means, get your act together Osi you big baby).

I'm also cautiously optimistic about our offensive line, but time will tell. If the O-line can protect Eli and give him the seconds he needs for Nicks or Manningham to run their routes, he'll come through. With both Jacobs and Bradshaw, the defense cannot key in on our receivers every play and with "Hinocerous" and Bear clearing a path, our ground game should be superb....especially if Bradshaw learns how to hang onto the ball. And once the ground game starts moving the ball downfield, the passing game falls in our laps.

I am from the old school that believes the game is won in the trenches with overpowering lines and that ultimately, defense wins games. Just like in baseball where good pitching stops great hitting and the old very true saying that "pitching wins everytime in baseball"....same goes for defense in football. That's why I am very optimistic about this team.

My only worries are injuries (that we have no control over) and that we need a good catching TE to keep defenses honest....that is a must IMO. I'm not nearly as worried about our LB's as some on this board. I think Kiwi will surprise now that he has a permanent position and I trust Goff and Boley to be solid as long as the d-line does their job.

Call me a Homer if you want, but I expect a great year from the boys in blue.

As the Giants rip towards their 4th trophy are you prepared for the teasing and torrent of shixx thats going to come down on your head?? I'll say this your consistent- consistently negative

you have placed yourself one rung below Badegg with your pessimistic blab blab blab

What did your mother tell you...........if you have nothing positive to add.....keep quiet

The Giants have one of the strongest rosters in the NFL......I really don't know what you're doing here??

Even Badegg posses real arguments

There was no money to keep the players you wanted to keep.....and one was/is probably done.....WR and RBs do not come back from micro-fracture surgery.......the other had a long history of concussions.......something you rally against

According to you, you should be trying to convince Boss to retire, not wind up like Wayne Cherbet

You havent even seen one Giants pre-season game and you've written them off :rolleyes:

My issue is with Coughlin, not anyone on the roster...............I'm 1000% behind the Giants on the field

Tiki was a virtual coin operated fumble machine and learned to hold the ball and become the best Giants RB of all time.......Bradshaw was a rookie 3 yrs ago......Tiki did not stop fumbling until his 5th or 6th yr.

Yes he fumbles...........he also is one of the most exciting dynamic RBs in the NFL.....hopefully he learns to go down when trapped and not try so hard to fight it.

hilarious coming from this guy.

My expectations are probably higher than most on this board. Our division is going to be very competitive again and the Eagles don't scare me like they do some....mainly because football is played on the field, not on paper. I suspect the Eagles will be a good team, just NOT the Patriots of 2007.

I know we lost some good players, but with cap restrictions and a slew of new rookies coming in where rosters are restricted to 53 player....that problem is always going to hurt somewhere. Especially when the team has an abundance of stars expecting a big payday. In fact, if Steve Smith stars for Philly, expect him to be demanding a long-term contract next year at 8M+ with tons of guaranteed money. The eagles next year are going to have the same problems with cap space that the Giants suffered this year. It's just the business of football.

So with all that said....here's why I've got great expectations out of the Giants this year.

I like the Giants chances of going far because of their defensive line, which will give pressure, pressure, pressure on the QB all game long and good things happen for the Giants when a QB is forced into quick unplanned plays. I can't wait to watch Austin and Joseph disrupt the line. I also think we have one of the top defensive backfields in the NFL with Webster, Thomas, Philips, Rolle, and the Prince (once he is ready) and decent backups in Ross, Sash, etc. I also think the LB's are much more solid than they are given credit and will be able to do their job now that the defensive line is doing their job (which means, get your act together Osi you big baby).

I'm also cautiously optimistic about our offensive line, but time will tell. If the O-line can protect Eli and give him the seconds he needs for Nicks or Manningham to run their routes, he'll come through. With both Jacobs and Bradshaw, the defense cannot key in on our receivers every play and with "Hinocerous" and Bear clearing a path, our ground game should be superb....especially if Bradshaw learns how to hang onto the ball. And once the ground game starts moving the ball downfield, the passing game falls in our laps.

I am from the old school that believes the game is won in the trenches with overpowering lines and that ultimately, defense wins games. Just like in baseball where good pitching stops great hitting and the old very true saying that "pitching wins everytime in baseball"....same goes for defense in football. That's why I am very optimistic about this team.

My only worries are injuries (that we have no control over) and that we need a good catching TE to keep defenses honest....that is a must IMO. I'm not nearly as worried about our LB's as some on this board. I think Kiwi will surprise now that he has a permanent position and I trust Goff and Boley to be solid as long as the d-line does their job.

Call me a Homer if you want, but I expect a great year from the boys in blue.

Is that what Kiwanuka will be lining up permanently this season? LB? Or is he going to be down on occasions, too?

Is that what Kiwanuka will be lining up permanently this season? LB? Or is he going to be down on occasions, too?

He's going to mix it up... sounds like they're calling it the 'Elephant' position. Kiwi will be switching between LB and defensive line, usually SAM on 1st and 2nd down, and DE on 3rd.

He's going to mix it up... sounds like they're calling it the 'Elephant' position. Kiwi will be switching between LB and defensive line, usually SAM on 1st and 2nd down, and DE on 3rd.

Nice, that sounds encouraging.