SportsWrath

Giants Cut O'Hara

Mr. P

Adam Koets is probably our new center...he did not do a bad job when he filled in for O'Hara during the season.

Also, I guess this means Kevin Boothe and his gigantic ass is now our new left guard.

Reportedly: Boothe just signed a 2 year deal about an hour ago

Never liked O'hara...In my own opinion, way, way overrated.

Actually O'Hara was very solid till he got injured... Suebert surprised a lot of us by outplaying O. As far as Koets maybe he would be better with more playing time.. as all players usually are.

Actually O'Hara was very solid till he got injured... Suebert surprised a lot of us by outplaying O. As far as Koets maybe he would be better with more playing time.. as all players usually are.

He was never as solid as people claim...

He was never as solid as people claim...

I think that criticism is a little strong, Nem. I do think that during his prime (not last year), he was one of the better centers in the NFL. Not the best, but in the top 5, I would say. With the release of O'Hara and Seubert, the Giants get very close to being under the cap. But there still has to be some moves to be able to have any flexibility for resignings, draft pick signings, and any activity in free agency, which I think there will be some for the Giants.

I don't think they can just absorb the losses of Seubert, O'Hara, and Andrews without adding somebody in free agency. Beatty still has to be considered a question mark at LT, if the thinking is to move Diehl inside. But if Beatty can do the job, then certainly we will be ok, as long as we don't have a ton of injuries. I think there still needs to be an add for depth on the O-line somewhere, and don't count on Seubert returning on a lesser deal.

The Seubert loss is bigger than the O'Hara loss IMO, although I can't figure out why so many guys here jumped off the O'hara bandwagon like they did, listening to whatshisface spewing shit about him. Seubert's versatility on that line was top notch, he played at a high level all year, and teams got no pressure whereever he was on the line. He was cheap too. I'm scratching my head on this one. I thought if anyone, it was McKenzie because I think Beatty is ready.I could see them moving Beatty to Diehl's side, moving Diehl inside and you keep Boothe active in the rotation, because I think Boothe played well last year and could start elsewhere.

I don't think Koets is the answer, he's had serious durability issues since we got him. Perhaps we can set Eli 10 yards behind center.

The Seubert loss is bigger than the O'Hara loss IMO, although I can't figure out why so many guys here jumped off the O'hara bandwagon like they did, listening to whatshisface spewing shit about him. Seubert's versatility on that line was top notch, he played at a high level all year, and teams got no pressure whereever he was on the line. He was cheap too. I'm scratching my head on this one. I thought if anyone, it was McKenzie because I think Beatty is ready.I could see them moving Beatty to Diehl's side, moving Diehl inside and you keep Boothe active in the rotation, because I think Boothe played well last year and could start elsewhere.

I don't think Koets is the answer, he's had serious durability issues since we got him. Perhaps we can set Eli 10 yards behind center.

Huh? He has had exactly one injury in his career, and that was a torn ACL this past November. He spent 2 years learning the position of center. He never got much playing time because Diehl, Seubert, O'Hara, Snee and MacKenzie rarely missed any games from 2007 through 2009.

Huh? He has had exactly one injury in his career, and that was a torn ACL this past November. He spent 2 years learning the position of center. He never got much playing time because Diehl, Seubert, O'Hara, Snee and MacKenzie rarely missed any games from 2007 through 2009.

You got me, I forgot we drafted him and I got him mixed up with the kid we got to long snap.

I turned 42 last Saturday, I forget a lot now. Stop picking on me.

You got me, I forgot we drafted him and I got him mixed up with the kid we got to long snap.

I turned 42 last Saturday, I forget a lot now. Stop picking on me.

YOU OLD FART.

Seriously, Happy Birthday.

And Canty is better than Cofield!!! :smartass:

That's bizarre to me, yea I realize Boothe is a lot younger than Seubert. But I would bet that Seubert would without a doubt outplay Boothe over the next two years. Frankly, I think Boothe sucks.

The Giants offensive line was best when it was Andrews, Boothe, Seubert, Snee and MacKenzie.

I was shocked when Seubert was released..had to be because of his injury. He was the Giants best offensive lineman last year!

The Giants offensive line was best when it was Andrews, Boothe, Seubert, Snee and MacKenzie.

I was shocked when Seubert was released..had to be because of his injury. He was the Giants best offensive lineman last year!

Word. I guess I trust the front office though. But damn, Seubert is one tough SoB, I just like having him on the team.

In addition to what Golfing said, I don't see where any of us aside from maybe Nem jumped the O'Hara bandwagon. O was and will remain a favorite among us fans and of course Richie is too. O got hurt and he was never the same after the injury...

YOU OLD FART.

Seriously, Happy Birthday.

And Canty is better than Cofield!!! :smartass:

Don't know if you were being sarcastic there but Co is far better than Canty.. and Canty has a huge cap #... which means he may be a cap casualty sooner than later... pending the development of the youngins we drafted.

From the NY Daily News

Tackle Shawn Andrews was asked by the Giants to take a pay cut Tuesday since he was due $7.5 million in salary and bonuses this season, but he tweeted Tuesday night that "Myself & Big Blue Couldn't Come To An Agreement." As a result, according to a source, he is expected to be released Thursday when all the initial cuts become official, according to the NFL's new rules.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2011/07/26/2011-07-26_giants_to_release_veteran_shaun_ohara_on_thursday_rich_seubert_also_to_be_salary.html#ixzz1TJaGx2xe

In addition to what Golfing said, I don't see where any of us aside from maybe Nem jumped the O'Hara bandwagon. O was and will remain a favorite among us fans and of course Richie is too. O got hurt and he was never the same after the injury...

Never the same Nas?. He got injured, rushed back, played a few bad games and then was pushed back to the bench Last Season. And there was a backlash.

Don't know if you were being sarcastic there but Co is far better than Canty.. and Canty has a huge cap #... which means he may be a cap casualty sooner than later... pending the development of the youngins we drafted.

Golfing has defended Canty in the past so he's not being sarcastic.

Never the same Nas?. He got injured, rushed back, played a few bad games and then was pushed back to the bench Last Season. And there was a backlash.

That's what I meant Boo.. he wasn't the same after the injury. I'm a loyal fan and I value heart over talent... O'Hara and Richie are fan favorites and that's reflected on this board.. if anything Nem might've thought we're giving the guy too much love.. I happened to think it's well deserved.

Golfing has defended Canty in the past so he's not being sarcastic.

I wish Cofield the best of luck.. he's got a well deserved payday.. Canty imho has NOT lived up to his hefty contract.