SportsWrath

In a sworn affadavit, Osi Umenyiora says the Giants broke their promise to him

Mr. P

Osi Umenyiora has not and never will be one of the top 5 defensive ends in the league. He's so clueless. He's had multiple years to step up and fill a pretty glaring leadership weakness and never has. He's actually been a fairly malcontent player, especially when it comes to his contract. He had a 6 year 41 million contract. That's what he deserves, nothing more. Plus, without Justin Tuck (and Big Mike before him), Osi would be nothing.

Damn u are And have been severely underating my man Osi, not only is he top 5 in sacks over the last 5 Years but he's also the leader in ff's and that's with 2 years missed with the knee if you count his terrible 09 season

just read an interview last nite where he admits point blank he didn't play at a high level in '09 so

since he's counting from april '08, the 2010 season doesn't count either

where is the high level of play? :confused:

love the guy but he's delusional. his contract was big time when he signed and for him to act like he's been underpaid when hegot paid a ton of money to not play for an entire season is ridiculous.

that said, mccoy's a faggot

cowboyz, you cant be knocking Osi when Osi and Co. sack up your QB's twice a year every year for the last 8+ years so yea go get a life instead of sitting around trolling message boards all day.

Atleast go get a big bag of bang bang and a 40oz steel reserve and invite a hooker over your scummy Mom's basement since you wont be getting laid elsewhere since you spend your days on rival team message boards and thats all after you cash that welfare check from big O and Co. so why dont you just go and fuck that Ho dont ya know that the Cowboys bloww dick and they aint that sick so be quick and just go with it just slit your wrists and say bye do the world a favor and just Die.

And like always, after 8 sacks in the first 6 games, Osi's final 3 and a half sacks came in the final ten games. He sure is a player that comes on strong when it matters most, like every season before hand. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

its crazy that there are Giant fans that take a player like Osi for granted :TD:

Osi is a proven stud yea he has his games where he gets contained but I think thats all about the other team preparing all week to run at his side. And Osi doesnt exactly have a stud LB behind him so thats why he looks real bad at times other than the times where Osi will run like 7 yards upfield and then try to hit the QB from behind which I agree are usually head shakers. But overall Osi is great

its crazy that there are Giant fans that take a player like Osi for granted :TD:

Osi is a proven stud yea he has his games where he gets contained but I think thats all about the other team preparing all week to run at his side. And Osi doesnt exactly have a stud LB behind him so thats why he looks real bad at times other than the times where Osi will run like 7 yards upfield and then try to hit the QB from behind which I agree are usually head shakers. But overall Osi is great

I see him for what he is. The third best defensive end (and possibly fourth with JPP soon to be better than him) on a team filled with good defensive ends. He would have been nothing without Michael Strahan and should thank him every minute of the day for his 6 year 41 million dollar contract. Then, every hour he should thank Justin Tuck for taking up double teams for him and still outplaying him year after year.

They need to show Tuck the money and develop JPP. Not show Osi the money to the disadvantage of the rest of the team simply because Osi is a selfish little bitch who wouldn't know what real leadership is if it stood right next to him....which it did in Strahan and AP and now Tuck.

Ya, that's called the second half of EVERY season....and the postseason.

I never said we should give Osi a raise. I would NOT give him a raise or trade him, id make him play and earn the money since theres nothing he could do about it other than not play and ruin his image to other teams and get fined up the ass by TC and Co.

I just dont trust Kiwi coming off that foxed up injury and we both know Tucks a beast and that JPP will be a beast so I agree screw giving Osi a raise and give it to Tuck and TT.

Theres a 0% chance the Giants give him a legitimate raise and I support that 100%

But with that said Osi is still a BEAST and 20+ teams would love to have him start from day 1 and would be thrilled, just because we got Tuck, JPP and a handicapped Kiwi along with some nice young stud DT's doesnt mean any of us should take Osi for granted and just be ok with tossing him out the door for some garbage.

I say keep him and make him earn his money and make him keep his starting DE spot.

I never said we should give Osi a raise. I would NOT give him a raise or trade him, id make him play and earn the money since theres nothing he could do about it other than not play and ruin his image to other teams and get fined up the ass by TC and Co.

I just dont trust Kiwi coming off that foxed up injury and we both know Tucks a beast and that JPP will be a beast so I agree screw giving Osi a raise and give it to Tuck and TT.

Theres a 0% chance the Giants give him a legitimate raise and I support that 100%

But with that said Osi is still a BEAST and 20+ teams would love to have him start from day 1 and would be thrilled, just because we got Tuck, JPP and a handicapped Kiwi along with some nice young stud DT's doesnt mean any of us should take Osi for granted and just be ok with tossing him out the door for some garbage.

I say keep him and make him earn his money and make him keep his starting DE spot.

But how does that all work when he becomes a malcontent because he doesn't want to finish out his original contract? In most cases, it doesn't turn out well for the team. It just doesn't make sense to me that Osi would be "sought out" for this Brady "lawsuit" (irreparable harm is laughable) when he hasn't even met the terms of what he discussed with Reese in the first place. And Osi is the only one that seems to be clueless enough to believe that he has. Giving him top 10 DE in the league is a stretch, bro. He's a good number 2 defensive end to have lined up across from someone amazing, like a Tuck or a Strahan, who are good all around players, but making him the focal point of a defensive line would be a mistake.

I'm shocked. Osi should know that if it's not in written...especially when it comes to contracts...then "fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me."

You can't fool me again :)

IMO there's no way we can trade this guy when Kiwi's got a foxed up vertabrae

You may have to deal with the fact now Osi that this team needs to move on without both and start playing these kids whowe drafted.

: (

I, for one, would LOVE to see JPP get more time across from Justin Tuck. It pains me to think he could end up another Kiwanuka, where we honestly don't know what we have other than he's a versatile, athletic player that could probably play at a higher level than Osi, but we'll never know because we've never tried.

I, for one, would LOVE to see JPP get more time across from Justin Tuck. It pains me to think he could end up another Kiwanuka, where we honestly don't know what we have other than he's a versatile, athletic player that could probably play at a higher level than Osi, but we'll never know because we've never tried.

I agree, it feels like we've had this talented guy on our roster for years, and we've gotten a fraction of what we should have out of him. The linebacker experiment was a dismal failure IMO that set the kid back 2 years.