SportsWrath

Path to the Draft

Allstarjim

Solomon Wilcots and Warren Sapp both gave the Giants an A, the highest grade they gave in the East. Cowboys were a B, Eagles a B/C, and Redskins were a C.

Both loved the Amukamara pick, and Sapp was especially enamored with Austin. Said he spoke with Austin and that he is really motivated to prove a lot of people wrong. You could tell with Sapp's tone that he had a lot of excitement about Austin. Wilcots also liked the Jernigan pick and mentioned Tyler Sash as a good pick in the 6th.

Hey, it's better than nothing.

Solomon Wilcots and Warren Sapp both gave the Giants an A, the highest grade they gave in the East. Cowboys were a B, Eagles a B/C, and Redskins were a C.

Both loved the Amukamara pick, and Sapp was especially enamored with Austin. Said he spoke with Austin and that he is really motivated to prove a lot of people wrong. You could tell with Sapp's tone that he had a lot of excitement about Austin. Wilcots also liked the Jernigan pick and mentioned Tyler Sash as a good pick in the 6th.

I don't like the sounds of praise... unfamiliar territory for us :confused:

I don't like the sounds of praise... unfamiliar territory for us :confused:

The 2008 draft, with Kenny Phillips, Terrell Thomas, Super Mario, etc The Giants got alot of praise for that draft as well. Ever since JR took over the Giants have gotten alot of good remarks over their drafts.

This is nothing new really for the Reese era.

That Tyler Sash kid in the 6th was a great pickup IMO.

Except when will he ever see the field besides special teams? Ya know?

I like the pickup but safety is supposedly one of our stronger positions. Anyway, I think this kid could wind up a star elsewhere, but not here.

I'm really stoked about that Austin pick....could really be a high impact player.

The 2008 draft, with Kenny Phillips, Terrell Thomas, Super Mario, etc The Giants got alot of praise for that draft as well. Ever since JR took over the Giants have gotten alot of good remarks over their drafts.

Yea, but you're killing my plot line :mellow:

Except when will he ever see the field besides special teams? Ya know?

I like the pickup but safety is supposedly one of our stronger positions. Anyway, I think this kid could wind up a star elsewhere, but not here.

we played a lot of 3 safety sets last season, and deon grant is a free agent, and has expressed the desire to start.

The JPP draft had mixed reviews.

I think the 2010 draft was an outstanding one until Chad Jones got into a car accident. We got a freak of nature pass rusher, who I think is going to be a star... just a matter of time. Jury out on Linval Joseph, but at the time I only read positive stuff about him. Phillip Dillard I am still skeptical of and really don't think he's going to contribute anything on the team except for specials. Mitch Petrus I think is going to eventually be a quality starter for us. We got unlucky with Adrian Tracy, we'll see if he can turn it around this year. Although he still has a chance in the NFL, right now Matt Dodge is one big FAIL so far.

But after the third round, if you get one or two good players, it's a great draft. I think we got that with Petrus, and possibly Tracy. We might have 1 superstar out of that draft and 3 other quality players when all is said and done, but we need another year or maybe two to evaluate this draft.