SportsWrath

Marvin Austin

Lughead

Austin some of it is NSFW keep scrolling all the way to the "Bottom" ( that's the NSFW part)

He likes guns - as do I.

He likes to eat - as do I

and apparantly likes black pussy.

The article doesn't make any sense to me. Looks like some dude simply wasted an awful lot of time stalking a guy he hates for some reason.

I trust Reese and Coughlin did their homework as they said they did and had long talks before the draft. Time will tell I suppose, but I believe he should be given the benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove himself before trashing him like this guy did.

and thats what contributed to him doing what he did to get suspended im sure, which in turn contributed to him being there when we picked in the 2nd round.

same with manningham being there when we picked him, and ahmad bradshaw when we picked him.

He likes guns - as do I.

He likes to eat - as do I

and apparantly likes black pussy.

The article doesn't make any sense to me. Looks like some dude simply wasted an awful lot of time stalking a guy he hates for some reason.

I trust Reese and Coughlin did their homework as they said they did and had long talks before the draft. Time will tell I suppose, but I believe he should be given the benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove himself before trashing him like this guy did.

yeah this was just an NCSt blogger, they have a rivalry with UNC and apparently this guy was just jealous.He didn't even know who Vontae Davis was, or Weslye Saunders. Before you starting blogging about dudes, at least do your homework on former college players. Davis is currently a pretty damn good corner for Miami. He is from D.C like Austin and so is Saunders and Saunders was in the same boat has the UNC players, he got suspended for taking money. Big deal they are all friends

ESPN's piece on Marvin Austin... this is a great piece (see video). He loves his momma!

ESPN

After watching that, there's a shot of him working out, and those shoulders are friggin' massive. I think this guy's power is scary.

ESPN's piece on Marvin Austin... this is a great piece (see video). He loves his momma!

ESPN

After watching that, there's a shot of him working out, and those shoulders are friggin' massive. I think this guy's power is scary.

Love the video, makes feel better about the pick.

Love the video, makes feel better about the pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=youngmisuk_ohm&id=6452638

That was an awesome video....this really looks like a nice kid that made a mistake.

Really, I blame the NCAA more than Austin....you've got grown men offering freebies to some kid who is playing for free....what the hell do they expect to happen?

Looks like he spent the year off getting himself ready....not sure what he was like before this, but he seems pretty mature now.

And, he looks like a fucking monster.....that can move alot faster than Rocky Bernard.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81eb4c33

He's gonna start. He's got a serious set o' dreds. Every team needs a dred head.

I think we get Cofield for one more year,unless we trade him. He will have no choice but to play under the one year tender based on the fact we will be playing under last years rules. It's way too late for any new deal to get done, and the only hope for football is the lockout gets lifted and they work on a new CBA for 2012

I think Austin contends for Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Maybe it's the homer in me....but this kid looks incredibly strong and fast. It was like watching a very large linebacker run.

Warren Sapp was raving about him.....he'll be in the mix very quickly.

I think Austin contends for Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Maybe it's the homer in me....but this kid looks incredibly strong and fast. It was like watching a very large linebacker run.

Warren Sapp was raving about him.....he'll be in the mix very quickly.

that's cuz the two are a mimic of eachother.. let's hope Marvin can product what Sapp can (during his early years)..

Hakeem Nicks says draftee Marvin Austin is a 'great kid'

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger (link)

Jerry Reese said the Giants consulted Hakeem Nicks before they selected North Carolina defensive tackle Marvin Austin in the second round of last week’s NFL Draft.

So did Nicks talk the team into drafting Austin?

“Uhhh, maybe,” Nicks said with a laugh today after completing a passing workout at Hoboken High School. “But no, I think it’s a good fit for them. I’m sure he’s going to fit right in and I know he’s going to be ready to work. … They made a decision and I feel like it’s a good addition to us.”

Austin was mentioned as having many red flags for teams because of multiple suspensions, a misdemeanor noise ordinance violation, a driving without registration citation and a citation for improper window tinting. But in the grand scheme of things, those violations don’t even compare to some of the issues other players have had. It was more the volume of incidents, plus a season away from the game because of last year’s suspensions, that caused a player with first-round talent to drop to the second day of the draft.

Nicks believes Austin won’t be an issue for the Giants.

“He’s a great kid,” Nicks said. “He works hard, he loves the game of football. I know he’s going to come to work hard. … He’s definitely not (a bad person). He’s a guy that just goes after it on the football field. He loves the game. He likes playing it.”

And he has the motivation to prove people wrong.

“Oh yeah, he definitely has that,” Nicks said. “I’ve talked to him. He’s ready to get after it.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In another story in the Star Ledger, Nicks is said to be in "great shape" . Link: Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks in top shape after injury-plagued season