SportsWrath

We were one Clay Matthews from the SB

JackStroud

whatever, as with the Giants game where he came from behind and punched the ball out on Jacobs...........this play also changed the flow of the game

As I recall we collapsed after Jacobs lost that fumble......its always Matthews making these spectacular plays

We had the season in our hands if we had beaten GB......they would not have even made the playoffs

Matthews ran Jacobs down from 15 yds back...........his desire, agility, speed, balance, power, and smell for the ball is uncanny

very difficult to block him ala LT

not sure why you quoted me and then gave your "whatever" i praised his play.

Joe, why do you to continue to enable him? It might be fun but I learned in rehab being a enabler is a worse disease then the disease itself :busted_cop:

Jack delivers his opinions with an honesty that I find refreshing in these troubled times.

Why didnt Reese trade up for the 26th pick?

Hakeem Nicks is no slouch but we needed an impact LBer and Matthews graded out #1 at the combine not Brian Whatshisface

Anyone who doubts coaches play the payroll not the talent should see what timothy mogrov did the other night when brain free Dantoni finally let his biggest player play a few minutes 23 pts 14 Rbs in 40 min

I know this will come as a shock to the athletic world but white men can jump and play things besides tennis, golf the O-line, baseball and shot put.......Mickey Mantle was the greatest athlete of the 20th century.

This just in ..............Flozell Adams is BACK much to Justin Tucks consternation.......Justin did not play as well this year as his favorite "dirtbag". LOL

Tuck mailed it in this year in my opinion

Jack, do you think we should draft Usain Bolt?

If so, what round?

Jack, do you think we should draft Usain Bolt?

If so, what round?

I'm sorry but I cannot imagine any human being ever coming along EVER who could outrun Usain Bolt

Her is a freak of nature ala Babe Ruth, LT, Michael Jordan, Mickey Mantle, Pele, Jim Brown, Michael Phelps, George Foreman (in his prime)

Every once in a while nature throws us a curve ball you just have to stand back with your jaw hanging open

If anyone thinks a CB in the NFL could stay with Bolt, you are indeed deluded

Bob Hayes and Homer Jones two other 100YD record holders made a mockery of the NFL defenses they faced

so would Bolt...........Bolt is HUGE too boot

I'm sorry but I cannot imagine any human being ever coming along EVER who could outrun Usain Bolt

Her is a freak of nature ala Babe Ruth, LT, Michael Jordan, Mickey Mantle, Pele, Jim Brown, Michael Phelps, George Foreman (in his prime)

Every once in a while nature throws us a curve ball you just have to stand back with your jaw hanging open

Bob Hayes and Homer Jones two other 100YD record holders made a mockery of the NFL defenses they faced

Reese you imigrate... :ranting2:

Matthew's helmet was on the other side of Mendenhall's body, away from the ball. It's the DT who's knocks it loose.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011020600/2010/POST22/steelers@packers#tab:watch

Scroll down to "Mendenhall fumble".

I'm going to have to agree with Jack... just watched this on my 55" HD, in super slo mo with the close up angle of the hit. The DT doesn't really cause the fumble... Matthews put his shoulder pad on Mendenhall's elbow/arm and that is what caused the ball to come out. To be fair, it's arguable that the ball doesn't come out unless it happened the way it did, with Mendenhall taking jarring hits from Matthews' and the DT simultaneously. But with Matthews' being the one that delivered the blow to the ball carrying arm, he has to get the credit for the FF.

With that play, and also the play where he skied up and blocked a Roethlisberger pass, Matthews' proved to me he is an impact player. He did make his presence felt and that's what great players do, even though he was tasked with spying Roethlisberger on a lot of plays.

So, should we be careful and lock him up with a 1st round pick, or do you think he'd be available in the 2nd round?

I'm reminded of when the Cowboys picked Hershel Walker when nobody else had him because he was in the USFL.

I could easily see the Eagles jumping ahead of us and getting Bolt in the 1st or 2nd.... :ranting2:

In my opinion Pittsburg had no pass rush

Had they gotten to Rogers the way we got to Brady this would have been a different outcome

Which was inexcusable considering Green Bay was PASSING EVERY DOWN.

The Steelers really dropped the ball against a team that was literally down to their last 2 cornerbacks, too. Gameplan, coaching, player performance, it was all horrible for Pittsburgh. It was like Hines Ward and Mike Wallace wwere the only two who came to play.

I'm going to have to agree with Jack... just watched this on my 55" HD, in super slo mo with the close up angle of the hit. The DT doesn't really cause the fumble... Matthews put his shoulder pad on Mendenhall's elbow/arm and that is what caused the ball to come out. To be fair, it's arguable that the ball doesn't come out unless it happened the way it did, with Mendenhall taking jarring hits from Matthews' and the DT simultaneously. But with Matthews' being the one that delivered the blow to the ball carrying arm, he has to get the credit for the FF.

With that play, and also the play where he skied up and blocked a Roethlisberger pass, Matthews' proved to me he is an impact player. He did make his presence felt and that's what great players do, even though he was tasked with spying Roethlisberger on a lot of plays.

Matthews never hits the ball though, with his helmet or any other part of his body. Jack's call that he popped the ball out with his helmet is way off.

I still think the ball starts moving when Pickett's helmet hits his other arm, before Matthews makes contact (at about 0:26 on that video).