SportsWrath

ESPN rankings..

TrashTalker92

The Chargers, Dolphins, 49'ers, Texans and Redskins all rank ahead of us?

Really???

And the Eagles without McNabb? Or Westbrook?

Really, really???

I'd say 'that's what 8-8 gets you', but Miami went 7-9 and they're at 11.

11? That's right, 11. Really???

Gotta love pre-week 1 power rankings.

I love the Giants being ranked low.....the lower the better. I wish ESPN had them ranked dead last, right behind the Rams (although, Detroit is likely to be worse than the Rams IMO).

Giants always suck when the are highly ranked and expectations are out of this world. The Jets are likely to feel the pain of high expectations this year. I'll take this ranking and enjoy every minute of it.

Based on the pre-season, unfortunately I don't think the analysis is too far off. I will not be surprised with an 8-8 team again this year. I will be surprised if they go 12-4.... 9-7, 10-6, even 11-5 are realistic expectations.

I really hope the gmen were able to correct the mistakes of the pre-season, particularly the O-line, and D-Line, especially hoping that guys are getting healthier.

Based on the pre-season, unfortunately I don't think the analysis is too far off. I will not be surprised with an 8-8 team again this year. I will be surprised if they go 12-4.... 9-7, 10-6, even 11-5 are realistic expectations.

I really hope the gmen were able to correct the mistakes of the pre-season, particularly the O-line, and D-Line, especially hoping that guys are getting healthier.

One definite bright spot was that we seemed to improve each week during the pre-season. I think the D might start a bit slow with the new faces and teh new coordinator but the offense should be fine.

Was it just me or was the pass defense still piss poor? I know I can't expect much from the Johnson twins and there have been some injuries keeping players off the field back there (Ross, Phillips in particular) but everyone not named Corey Webster has looked like shit back there. Even Rolle, other than the first game interception, has been dominated by tight ends like Heap and Heath Miller. I'm worried about our defensive backfield. All in all, I think the dline will be just fine. I even have confidence in the LBs.... even Goff has looked solid....