SportsWrath

How will Eli Manning do this season?

JMFP

Last season, Eli had a very good statistical year.....his best so far.

......................................G.....Att.....Comp.....Pct......Yds.....TD.....Int..... Rate

2009 New York Giants 16....509....317.......62.3.....4,021....27....14...... 93.1

I thought he kept the season from becoming a complete joke.

Eli is now entering his prime, and so, I was wondering what fans expect from him.

I'm expecting

3800+ yards,

60%+ completions,

TD > 28

INT < 16

90+ rating.

Record 12-4 (if the running game and defense improve.....if not, another 8-8 or 9-7 campaign).

I'm not predicting #s.. but if there's one guy who I'd rather see as our QB, it would be Eli Manning. I have complete confidence in him.. I think the running game will be better this year.. maybe not great.. but not as bad as last year. I think BJ lost his aggressiveness.. but Bradshaw will be better. And Eli would have to pick up the slack.. his Numbers will be good again.. I think his improvements will focus on accuracy, zip, and less INTs.

Over 4,000 yards

30-35 TD's

between 12 and 15 int's

I have no faith that the running game will go back to form, and as i said in another thread Gillbride is creaming his pants with 2 possible thousdand yard receivers out there.

And Eli has ligitimately become one of the better QB's in the league.

I was probably more down on Eli three years ago than anybody on these boards, but I have to admit I couldn't have been more wrong. I always liked his demeanor, but it's obvious that getting rid of the egos/assholes on this team have done wonders for his play.... Eli's at his best when he doesn't feel like he has to feed the ball to primadonna assholes (Shockey, Plax, and Tiki).

I think making Bradshaw the starter will be an upgrade over Jacobs, but they're both injury-prone... Jacobs due to his upright running and Bradshaw because of his bow-leggedness (it stresses his feet). Eli is still going to be chucking the ball around. The only thing I"m really worried about is the OL... it might just be me, but it kind of seems like they're getting old overnight.

Still, I think Eli will have his second-best season statistically, and his numbers won't be far off from last year's numbers.

I think he'll have similar numbers to last year. The receiving corp will be even better, the line possibly a little worse. I don't think the running game will detract from him too much, they just won't have embarrassing stats on the same number of attempts.

Eli's #'s will be so astronomically good, his image will grace the top banner of Sportswrath.com.

You might want to clear that with Jack Stroud first....I'm not sure if he could handle removing Antonio Pierce.

I was probably more down on Eli three years ago than anybody on these boards, but I have to admit I couldn't have been more wrong. I always liked his demeanor, but it's obvious that getting rid of the egos/assholes on this team have done wonders for his play.... Eli's at his best when he doesn't feel like he has to feed the ball to primadonna assholes (Shockey, Plax, and Tiki).

Thats funny because last i remember plax caught a game winning touch down in the super bowl?

Thats funny because last i remember plax caught a game winning touch down in the super bowl?

And, does Tiki actually make this list just by saying somethin about Eli once? :unsure: Other than his remark after retiring, what has Tiki done wrong? IMO, hes one of the great Giants. :flex:

And, does Tiki actually make this list just by saying somethin about Eli once? :unsure: Other than his remark after retiring, what has Tiki done wrong? IMO, hes one of the great Giants. :flex:

Tiki is a great Giant.. on the field. He acted selfishly and unprofessionally on a few occasions. I have since got over it.

I think BJ lost his aggresiveness

yeah one of the things I was looking forward to this season was to see if Jacobs would regain his fire he had in 2007/2008 but he has completely lost it, he looks even more tentative then last year. I guess his thought process was one: I got paid and Two: I want a life after football

And that makes him NOT a primadonna... how, exactly? Last time I remembered he was telling his coach "fuck you" on the sidelines, getting fined for his umpteenth infraction, and shooting himself in the leg.

Tiki had a LOT to say about both the coach and Eli on his way out the door... plus, he turned the last half of his final season into the "Tiki Barber farewell tour." Regardless though, it's pretty obvious Tiki needed the Giants a lot more than the Giants needed Tiki. I had a Tiki Barber jersey... but it quickly became a Kenny Phillips jersey two years later.

And that makes him NOT a primadonna... how, exactly? Last time I remembered he was telling his coach "fuck you" on the sidelines, getting fined for his umpteenth infraction, and shooting himself in the leg.

Tiki had a LOT to say about both the coach and Eli on his way out the door... plus, he turned the last half of his final season into the "Tiki Barber farewell tour." Regardless though, it's pretty obvious Tiki needed the Giants a lot more than the Giants needed Tiki. I had a Tiki Barber jersey... but it quickly became a Kenny Phillips jersey two years later.

Seph, a point to made here is that after Tiki left, Coughlin realized he needed to change his approach with the team. It's been well-documented. Strahan said it, and TC himself said it. Coughlin said that it was his wife that told him he needed to show his humanity more to the team than just being a hardass all of the time. Although I did not agree with how Tiki went about things when he left, I agreed with his point that TC was overboard in his dictatorial style, especially for veteran players who were leaders on the team and had no disciplinary problems. The first season after Tiki left, Coughlin changed his approach and created the leadership council. Was Tiki's departure the catalyst for this change? Very possibly. And I think that we don't go to the SuperBowl and maybe not even the playoffs in 2007 without Coughlin making the change he did.

Tiki is like us all, he has his flaws. But he was the greatest RB ever to don a Giants uniform. His candor in the past was not appreciated by most Giants' fans, but he did speak the truth. I still think he loves the organization and I'm sure Tiki and Eli are on good terms now. Also, his departure paved the way for Eli to take full leadership of the offense and that was big for Eli, too. I'll always remember Tiki for what he was, a truly great Giant who left it on the field.

When everyone was clamoring for Jacobs after Tiki left, I said that we wouldn't be able to replace him with one guy. That is still true. We do not have anyone that can match Tiki's power, speed, durability, and pass catching skills. The fact that Tiki had all of that made him the best back we've ever had.

Over 4,000 yards

30-35 TD's

between 12 and 15 int's

I have no faith that the running game will go back to form, and as i said in another thread Gillbride is creaming his pants with 2 possible thousdand yard receivers out there.

And Eli has ligitimately become one of the better QB's in the league.

:huh: