SportsWrath

PREDICTION TIME

BIGBLUE01

OK Guys and DFNG...(lol jk), lets make some preseason predictions. Except we wont pin our hopes and dreams to them like cowboy fans. :P Lets refer back this and see who was right. Give me a guess on Elis stats, leading Rec. and leading rusher. I'll give mine:

Eli- 3740 yards 22 TDs 10 INTs

Nicks- 1292 yds 12 TDs 101 catches

Bradshaw- 1011 yds 8 TD's

I personally think Hakeem Nicks is gonna be great. :TU:

Eli - 25 / 31 325 yards 2 td's 0 int's and MVP of super bowl 45. :flex:

Noone thinks Eliw will hit the 4,000 yard mark again?

Eli- 4200 yards 33 td's 13 int

Steve Smith - 89 rec. 1100 yards 9 td's

Jacobs - 800 yards 13 td's (think Bradshaw will get more carries, kinda like ward and Jacobs will get more goalline carries.

Eli - 25 / 31 325 yards 2 td's 0 int's and MVP of super bowl 45. :flex:

Noone thinks Eliw will hit the 4,000 yard mark again?

Eli- 4200 yards 33 td's 13 int

Steve Smith - 89 rec. 1100 yards 9 td's

Jacobs - 800 yards 13 td's (think Bradshaw will get more carries, kinda like ward and Jacobs will get more goalline carries.

Very possible. I just think we see the return of our run game and it'll take away from his passing #s.

I'll give this season's predictions a go even though I think it's too early yet.

Passing

Eli Manning - 3900 yds, 32 TDs, 10 INTs - I'm also taking Eli as being more efficient in the new stadium. I want to see a career high in Comp % and I'll put him down for 65%. I think the yardage totals dip slightly even though the offense performs better, because I think this team will not be playing from behind all 4th quarter as we did so many times last season.

Rushing

Ahmad Bradshaw - 1000 yards, 11 TDs. I'm taking the low end but still having him crack the 1000 yard barrier. With Ahmad having so many injury problems in the past, it's speculatory that he can hold up over 16 games and produce big numbers, too. For the record, I'll take Jacobs for a good 950 and 10 TDs. I think the two may very well post similar numbers and combined this should be a successful formula.

Receiving

Hakeem Nicks - 83 Rec, 1400 yards, 10 TD'sYes, I see a big season indeed for Nicks. I see him emerging as one of the NFC's best and most game changing receivers. I also see another solid year for Steve Smith, but Nicks will take over as the team's top aerial threat. Give me 999 yards for Steve Smith, and another 7 TD's on 92 Receptions.

Very possible. I just think we see the return of our run game and it'll take away from his passing #s.

I hope, but I don't see it happening. I've lost faith in Jacobs and both Jacobs and Bradshaw are always hurt. Plus, the oline is another year older, the main guys I mean, and Gillbride is gonna fall in love with the fact he knows he's got a 1,000 yard receiver in Smith and a guy that could be a thousand yard receiver in Nicks.

I hope, but I don't see it happening. I've lost faith in Jacobs and both Jacobs and Bradshaw are always hurt. Plus, the oline is another year older, the main guys I mean, and Gillbride is gonna fall in love with the fact he knows he's got a 1,000 yard receiver in Smith and a guy that could be a thousand yard receiver in Nicks.

The Giants are a run-first team. We only passed because the run fizzled. I expect our run game to rebound espeically with Bradshaw taking the majority of the reps... which is how I think should happen. Jacobs is big and a bruiser.. by definition his body gets worn out so it's only right he takes less reps to be more effective.

Agreed, plus Coughlin came into the league as a WR coach so I wouldn't be surprised to see us get more pass-heavy.

Passing - Eli Manning - 3900 yards, 26 TDs, 16 INTs. I think Eli's numbers stay more or less the same, but the defense isn't as bad as last year and therefore we're running a bit more in the 4th quarter instead of chucking the ball all over the place. Barden will become a legit red-zone threat in the second half of the year, and Eli will benefit greatly from the return of the "Plax fade."

Rushing - Ahmad Bradshaw - 1100 yards, 12 TDs. Bradshaw is fast, strong, and tough. He can break a big gain or get you three on third-and-one... plus he's a VERY good receiver out of the backfield. Add in the fact that he's in a contract year and I think AB wrestles the job away from Jacobs... who will still get his touches, but I think we're looking at a 60/30 split in Bradshaw's favor this season. Jacobs doesn't have the same fire now that he's getting paid.

Receiving - Steve Smith - 1125 yards, 10 TDs. Smith and Eli are in their fourth season together now, and Eli knows and trusts him better than any other receiver on the team. Not the biggest, not the strongest, but undoubtedly has the best feel of any Giants receiver... isn't afraid to fight for the ball in traffic and has VERY good hands. Nicks is also primed to have a big season and will be a truck, but Smith beats him out for targets, yards, catches, and TDs.

Eli throws for some yards...throws some touchdowns...throws some interceptions as well.

Jacobs, Bradshaw, Brown, Ware gain some yards..lose some yards..catch some balls..drop some balls. (Ditto for the wide outs and TEs)

Defense sacks some, gives up some points.

Giants win a few games, lose a few.

Eli throws for some yards...throws some touchdowns...throws some interceptions as well.

Jacobs, Bradshaw, Brown, Ware gain some yards..lose some yards..catch some balls..drop some balls. (Ditto for the wide outs and TEs)

Defense sacks some, gives up some points.

Giants win a few games, lose a few.

way to go out on the limbthumbsup.gif