SportsWrath

A Die Hard Giants fan in the middle of Jets Frenzy

BleedinBlue

I live about 7 miles from the Jets training camp. The city is painted green and there are thousands of visitors piling in from everywhere. When the Jets bus stopped on Main Street in Cortland, thousands of fans lined the streets and cheered. They went nuts when Rex Ryan came out and gave a quick speech on a temporary stage.

To top it off, I have a contract with some hotels and restaurants and am shuttling these wild eyed fans around the city. And once they discover you bleed Giants blue, you are set up for ridicule and moronic jabs. It pays really well, but I am so sick of all the green I could puke - and there's a month left to go. :puke:

Oh how I wish the Giants had chosen Cortland for their training camp instead of the Jets.

Then just don't tell them you are a Giants fan. The Jets are set to implode if they don't get off to a great start.

Every fan in town wants to talk football. It takes about a minute before they ask me about my excitement about the Jets. I cannot betray myself and pretend that I'm a Jets fan, so they figure it out real quick. At least I don't wear my NYGiants hat while I'm picking them up. That would be suicide.

Then just don't tell them you are a Giants fan. The Jets are set to implode if they don't get off to a great start.

Fuck them.. Jets fans for the most part are as bitter as Red Sox fans before the Sox FINALLY won the WS. I met this bouncer outside a club who claimed he "used to be" a Giants fan.. and the fact he hates Eli so much made him switch to the Jets.. so I said you mean the same Eli who brought us the trophy? That same Eli? He said "yea Eli sucks" and I asked "Compared to who?"

The fact fuck came off like he was full of shit.. for one you don't just switch teams.. that's not how it works. Secondly.. well there's no secondly.. he's a bitter fuck and the Jets will have a good season once every 5 years.

Fuck them.. Jets fans for the most part are as bitter as Red Sox fans before the Sox FINALLY won the WS. I met this bouncer outside a club who claimed he "used to be" a Giants fan.. and the fact he hates Eli so much made him switch to the Jets.. so I said you mean the same Eli who brought us the trophy? That same Eli? He said "yea Eli sucks" and I asked "Compared to who?"

The fact fuck came off like he was full of shit.. for one you don't just switch teams.. that's not how it works. Secondly.. well there's no secondly.. he's a bitter fuck and the Jets will have a good season once every 5 years.

you have a lot of run-ins with overweight people.

you have a lot of run-ins with overweight people.

it's not hard since 65% of this country is overweight. The "bouncer" must've thought highly of himself.. when in fact he was just a big fat piece of blob... much like a lot of Jets fans are.

I bust these stats every time some knuckle head whines about Eli and how he didn't deserve the SB MVP trophy and how he sucks blah. blah blah...Here are the facts:

In the 4th Qtr against an "unbeatable" team in the biggest football game of all time, he went 9-14 for 152yds and 2 TDs for a QB rating of 140.5. That is clutch play and very worthy of a MVP award. The miracle catch is always given full credit to Tyree (who deserves all the credit he gets), but they always forget how Eli scrambled and fought his way just to throw the pass. He has consistently gotten better and puts up good numbers for a traditionally run based team in a tough home stadium to throw the ball in.

I bust these stats every time some knuckle head whines about Eli and how he didn't deserve the SB MVP trophy and how he sucks blah. blah blah...Here are the facts:

In the 4th Qtr against an "unbeatable" team in the biggest football game of all time, he went 9-14 for 152yds and 2 TDs for a QB rating of 140.5. That is clutch play and very worthy of a MVP award. The miracle catch is always given full credit to Tyree (who deserves all the credit he gets), but they always forget how Eli scrambled and fought his way just to throw the pass. He has consistently gotten better and puts up good numbers for a traditionally run based team in a tough home stadium to throw the ball in.

Just tell Jets fans that Joe Namath is one of the most overrated players ever in the NFL.

Wish I could get into the hall of fame by throwing 173 TDs and 220 interceptions. And they talk about Eli being terrible..Namath didn't do SHIT in superbowl 3.

Just tell Jets fans that Joe Namath is one of the most overrated players ever in the NFL.

Wish I could get into the hall of fame by throwing 173 TDs and 220 interceptions. And they talk about Eli being terrible..Namath didn't do SHIT in superbowl 3.

That fact the guy they talk about is some guy who played back in the depression era is telling.. seriously if a team hasn't won the trophy in my lifetime, they suck... that's the measuring stick.

That fact the guy they talk about is some guy who played back in the depression era is telling.. seriously if a team hasn't won the trophy in my lifetime, they suck... that's the measuring stick.

Joe Namath played in the 1960s and 1970s. That's not the depression era at all.

it's not hard since 65% of this country is overweight. The "bouncer" must've thought highly of himself.. when in fact he was just a big fat piece of blob... much like a lot of Jets fans are.

LOL its rare you and I come to the same conclusion but that was the first thing that popped into my head.

This is almost exactly what I say when people say Eli didnt deserve the MVP, our Defense did. I tell them, if Eli didnt bring the team down the field and score the winning TD, our D would have done a really great job......in a 14-10 LOSS. :rolleyes: Seriously, no matter how good the D did, if Eli doesnt score, we lost.

.....er...he also led the team to victory in every playoff game on the way to the SB on the road...including beating Green Bay...in Green Bay...with Farve...in the 3rd coldest game ever in OT. ...260 yards...no Ints......give me a break...the fucker is the real deal.

C. Wagon. .