SportsWrath

How Will the NFC East Playout this Season?

BleedinBlue

Self-defense and smashing assholes is not the same as attacking someone unprovoked.

Regardless of your POV, Nas, you have to admit you're not in any position to call people out for antagonistic replies. Leave him be.

JPP? Who really knows. He has all the physical tools to be a good player at the pro level. Does he have the heart and desire? We will have to wait and see.

Nobody thought heart would be an issue with Derek Brown when we drafted him out of ND and his own team mates wound up calling him "the Tin Man".

there are a lot of opinions about this guy but all we can say for certain at this point is at least they drafted a guy with 2 eyes. ( with apologies to Cedric Jones who is by all accounts a good guy )

JPP? Who really knows. He has all the physical tools to be a good player at the pro level. Does he have the heart and desire? We will have to wait and see.

Nobody thought heart would be an issue with Derek Brown when we drafted him out of ND and his own team mates wound up calling him "the Tin Man".

there are a lot of opinions about this guy but all we can say for certain at this point is at least they drafted a guy with 2 eyes. ( with apologies to Cedric Jones who is by all accounts a good guy )

Of course only time will tell. But I'm betting he becomes a beast in about 3 years...only because he is so raw that he's a project. He has all the physical tools to be a pro-bowler, but it will take good coaching and big desire out of the kid.

I believe he should get in some good plays this year, but won't be a difference maker. Next year he'll start showing signs of greatness, then in his third year, it'll be a breakout year for him and will be the talk of the NFL.

Regardless...no one knows how it will turn out. But to dismiss him as a failure even before his first NFL game is simply crazy and smacks of doomsday cynicism that is inherent in some people.

Of course only time will tell. But I'm betting he becomes a beast in about 3 years...only because he is so raw that he's a project. He has all the physical tools to be a pro-bowler, but it will take good coaching and big desire out of the kid.

I believe he should get in some good plays this year, but won't be a difference maker. Next year he'll start showing signs of greatness, then in his third year, it'll be a breakout year for him and will be the talk of the NFL.

Regardless...no one knows how it will turn out. But to dismiss him as a failure even before his first NFL game is simply crazy and smacks of doomsday cynicism that is inherent in some people.

I agree wth this, Of course I would like to see him do well and the talent is there, but there is questions about his desire, Thats all I was trying to say.

Here are my predictions:

Dallas: They should be at least as good as last year, as Flozell was pretty much the only "major" loss and was clearly on the downside of his career. They had a wicked good draft and and have a solid QB, RB, and defense, but like many teams, one or two key injuries will derail them. I think Barber is washed up (like Jacobs) but I think both backs have something to prove... Jones could be a good one if he's ever healthy for a full season, and Miles Austin looks like he may in fact be the real deal. Dez Bryant won't do anything in year one, and could very well develop into "T.O. lite."

Philly: Honestly, who knows? The McNabb-Westbrook era is over, and unless the new guys deliver (Kolb and McCoy) then Reid will be shown the door by season's end, too. We're finally going to find out if Reid is a good coach surrounded by overrated players or vice versa. Their D seems solid but unspectacular, and I still think DeSean Jackson will show that he's a real diva asshole this season. I predict a solid start to the season, fillowed by a meltdown when adversity strikes.

Washington: Another year where a new coach/marquee player swoops in to save the francise... another 6-10 year. This time it's Shanahan and McNabb... just like Joe Gibbs, Steve Spurrier, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Jesse Armstead, Jeremiah Trotter, etc. were supposed to do. Don't believe the hype... they're the Redskins. Their toxic owner poisons every level of that organization.

Giants: I think Fewell lights a fire under this defense, which will be good for at least two more wins (it's difficult to imagine them finishing any WORSE in that department from last year). The huge hole at LB, however, has me worried, but that was supposed to be our biggest weakness going into last offseason and it was arguably our biggest strength, so I feel a little better there than I did at draft time. The Giants are Eli's team, and he knows it and will play like it. I think Jacobs is basically done other than a short yardage guy, so I expect we'll probably see the Ahmad Bradshaw show with a healthy dose of the other guys mixed in. This is the year Hakeem Nicks really makes a name for himself.

So overall, it looks like this:

Dallas: 11-5

Eagles: 9-7

Washington: 6-10

Giants: 10-6

high_horse.jpg

Regarding JPP, I am reminded of the 2006 draft. If you remember, the whole world thought that the Texans should take Reggie Bush #1, and they bypassed him for Mario Williams. A lot of people thought that was a dumb move, myself included. Defending the Mario Williams pick, I believe it was Bob McNair (owner of the Texans) or maybe Charley Casserly (then GM) that was referencing a college game tape where Williams leapfrogged an offensive player who was looking to cut block him. The tape was paused at the moment of that leap over the player, and Williams had a pose in mid-air that was reminiscent of Michael Jordan... the same pose that is the logo of the Air Jordan series of shoes. Now, McNair says to the interviewer, "Who is that? That is Michael Jordan." He was effectively saying that he was drafting the Michael Jordan of football. I thought the point he was making was ludicrous... in fact I still do. But bottom line is that he noticed a special brand of athleticism out of Williams that convinced him that he was their guy. A few years later I have to agree that Super Mario was the better pick.

Here we are looking at JPP. Yes, he only played in the Big East. Yes, he has had limited experience in college football. But the bottom line with him is that he is an athletic wonder. Guys with his size just shouldn't be able to move as he does, with explosiveness and power. I think the Giants will coach him up and I actually think that JPP will be a special player a year earlier than Bleedin' thinks. I think JPP is going to be a tremendous impact player year 2.

Regardless, I think that even though they didn't wind up with McClain as I'd hoped, I think they did get good football players, which is the most important thing. They helped the team with this draft, I believe, and I have a lot of confidence in Reese with his draft sense. This coming year, I'm going to be looking at our sophomores to step it up and make a big difference in the turnaround of this team. Can't wait for football.

Regarding JPP, I am reminded of the 2006 draft. If you remember, the whole world thought that the Texans should take Reggie Bush #1, and they bypassed him for Mario Williams. A lot of people thought that was a dumb move, myself included. Defending the Mario Williams pick, I believe it was Bob McNair (owner of the Texans) or maybe Charley Casserly (then GM) that was referencing a college game tape where Williams leapfrogged an offensive player who was looking to cut block him. The tape was paused at the moment of that leap over the player, and Williams had a pose in mid-air that was reminiscent of Michael Jordan... the same pose that is the logo of the Air Jordan series of shoes. Now, McNair says to the interviewer, "Who is that? That is Michael Jordan." He was effectively saying that he was drafting the Michael Jordan of football. I thought the point he was making was ludicrous... in fact I still do. But bottom line is that he noticed a special brand of athleticism out of Williams that convinced him that he was their guy. A few years later I have to agree that Super Mario was the better pick.

Here we are looking at JPP. Yes, he only played in the Big East. Yes, he has had limited experience in college football. But the bottom line with him is that he is an athletic wonder. Guys with his size just shouldn't be able to move as he does, with explosiveness and power. I think the Giants will coach him up and I actually think that JPP will be a special player a year earlier than Bleedin' thinks. I think JPP is going to be a tremendous impact player year 2.

Regardless, I think that even though they didn't wind up with McClain as I'd hoped, I think they did get good football players, which is the most important thing. They helped the team with this draft, I believe, and I have a lot of confidence in Reese with his draft sense. This coming year, I'm going to be looking at our sophomores to step it up and make a big difference in the turnaround of this team. Can't wait for football.

You can't doubt Reese, 2007 we had the building blocks of our super bowl championship, which people think was his only good draft, but then in 2008 we got Phillips who was probably a pro bowler in the making before the injury, Terrell Thomas in round two who will be a perfect fit in the tampa 2 next year, Manningham in round three, Goff a fifth rounder is better then people think and coaches seem confident he can be our starting MLB he is also a perfect fit in the tampa 2,I am actually glad we didn't draft McClain even if he would of been available I am glad he wasn't. 2009 is still up in the air, Nicks showed flashes of greatness and will blow up next year, I still don't get Andre Brown, Beckum is a serviceable backup Hback/TE, and Sintim should be our starting SLB. JPP I have my pro and cons, he was rated has the 6th best on the Giants board and they got him at 15, He has more upside then Graham who the Eagles traded all the way up to 13 to get, but their is the bust side, he does have little experience, but that could be a positive meaning he hasn't even begun to reach his ceiling. Even in his seven games at USF he dominated top competition including Florida St,Miami and Cincinnati, I have heard questions about dedication, but you can see his high motor on the field, that int against Syracuse just shows how freakish he can be.

\

well i certainly hope it works out. me, i'd much rather have someone football ready at #1 than a project. especially considering how much the D will suffer this year. mario williams was a unquestioned #2 pick of draft.

Yes, he has had limited experience in college football. But the bottom line with him is that he is an athletic wonder. Guys with his size just shouldn't be able to move as he does, with explosiveness and power. I think the Giants will coach him up and I actually think that JPP will be a special player a year earlier than Bleedin' thinks. I think JPP is going to be a tremendous impact player year 2.

Good analysis Jim....we could be have an Antonio Gates-type player here.....a shallow college stat sheet, but someone who has the raw skill to really shine with the proper coaching and conditioning.