SportsWrath

How Will the NFC East Playout this Season?

BleedinBlue

this is crazy homerism, Dallas is loaded and traded for Alex Barron to help the oline, they have four really good WR's and Jason Witten, not to mention Jones,Barber and Choice in the backfield and a all world defense. I love the Giants but I am not that optimistic about them, Pierre Paul will barely see the field, we still have declining Jacobs and another RB with two cracked ankles, the MLB position is still a huge hole and thats the critical part of the tampa 2, and our schedule is not a 13-3 schedule, we play the afc south which is the one of the best divisions in football we also play Carolina, Minnesota and Green Bay not to mention our division. I would like to see us 10-6 but thinking more towards 6-10, and thats plain honesty. Washington despite Haynesworths issues is vastly improved with the McNabb addition and their D can be first in the nfl under Haslett, and Philly still has Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin who we could not stop last year, if Kolb struggles they will put in Vick who still has a good arm and fits well in Phillys scheme.

And how exactly is Alex Barron an upgrade? Rams fans seem pretty happy with that trade, and all they got was Bobby Carpenter.

And how exactly is Alex Barron an upgrade? Rams fans seem pretty happy with that trade, and all they got was Bobby Carpenter.

I was wondering the same thing. They traded for a guy who's been a huge disappointment.

I don't understand why people pick Dallas to win the division... no fucking way they do.. we have the better offense and the better defense... Sorry dudes, no prediction on my part but I don't see anyone in the NFC East who's better than us right now. Our BIGGEST weakness was Sheridan and that was fixed.

I think our biggest weakness was lack of desire, not sure if that was Sheridans fault or not but we showed zero emotion on D in the last half of the year. I am so down on the JPP pick because thats my issue with him he seems to have little passion for the game of football and that will get him eaten alive in the NFL. Maybe Fewell will get the troops a little more fired up, but I was disgusted the way we performed in the last two home games, guys were just going through the motions of playing defense, pointing fingers, shrugging their shoulders, I am gonna be optimistic and hope Fewell can get them to show a little more passion next year

this is crazy homerism, Dallas is loaded and traded for Alex Barron to help the oline, they have four really good WR's and Jason Witten, not to mention Jones,Barber and Choice in the backfield and a all world defense. I love the Giants but I am not that optimistic about them, Pierre Paul will barely see the field, we still have declining Jacobs and another RB with two cracked ankles, the MLB position is still a huge hole and thats the critical part of the tampa 2, and our schedule is not a 13-3 schedule, we play the afc south which is the one of the best divisions in football we also play Carolina, Minnesota and Green Bay not to mention our division. I would like to see us 10-6 but thinking more towards 6-10, and thats plain honesty. Washington despite Haynesworths issues is vastly improved with the McNabb addition and their D can be first in the nfl under Haslett, and Philly still has Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin who we could not stop last year, if Kolb struggles they will put in Vick who still has a good arm and fits well in Phillys scheme.

You lost every ounce of credibility you had with that dumb ass statement.

A bit hostile there, Golfin, don't you think?

Sadly, there is no crime in this country for stupidity. From his spewing bullshit on J.P.P with his "no desire" horseshit, which NO writer has written about and this...good lord.

Sadly, there is no crime in this country for stupidity. From his spewing bullshit on J.P.P with his "no desire" horseshit, which NO writer has written about and this...good lord.

Still. I disagreed with him too.. I just don't think yelling and throwing bottles at the guy was called for lol. I think JPP will turn out to be a start and sooner than later.

Still. I disagreed with him too.. I just don't think yelling and throwing bottles at the guy was called for lol. I think JPP will turn out to be a start and sooner than later.

Go back to P&R.

The Giants forum is for real men :smartass:

And BTW I to think Bigblue25 is pretty fucking stupid for all his shit he spews about JPP and all these "sources he has"

Go back to P&R.

The Giants forum is for real men :smartass:

And BTW I to think Bigblue25 is pretty fucking stupid for all his shit he spews about JPP and all these "sources he has"

the guy has quit football at the community college and high school level there doesn't have to be any sources, I just don't see it, could he turn it around sure but the NFL is a whole lot tougher then community college.I am not a complete hater on this guy, he is freakish and hits with a purpose I just hope he can handle the NFL, Paul probably is the biggest boom or bust prospect in the whole draft and we won't know for two or three years which.

the guy has quit football at the community college and high school level there doesn't have to be any sources, I just don't see it, could he turn it around sure but the NFL is a whole lot tougher then community college.I am not a complete hater on this guy, he is freakish and hits with a purpose I just hope he can handle the NFL, Paul probably is the biggest boom or bust prospect in the whole draft and we won't know for two or three years which.

Pierre-Paul scratching surface of talent...

Pierre-Paul nearly quit before deciding to play his senior year, then signed with Central Florida. But his grades weren't in order, so he wound up going to two junior colleges, piling up nearly 25 sacks in two seasons. Along the way, his enthusiasm for the sport grew.

During one game at Fort Scott (Kan.) Community College, Pierre-Paul injured his neck while making a hit and was taken to the hospital. Even as the technicians cut off his helmet and put him through an MRI, Pierre-Paul kept asking if he could go back and play. After he cleared all the tests, he got a ride to the stadium, showed the medical paperwork to his coaches and talked his way back into the game.

Yeah, sounds like a guy who did quit.

Pierre-Paul scratching surface of talent...

Yeah, sounds like a guy who did quit.

Ok you are starting to sway me, he did quit HS when his coach left for another job, and quit one community college before he went to this one, but after all that he is only 21 and hasn't scratched the surface, when they were doing tests at the combine (the day he was doing backflips) they tested them for power and this guy did hit harder and was faster off the line then Ndamukong Suh, I said I was not a complete hater, and I go back and forth on wheter I like this or not, we can run Tuck and JPP on the inside and Osi and Kiwi on the outside that could be special.

Ok you are starting to sway me, he did quit HS when his coach left for another job, and quit one community college before he went to this one, but after all that he is only 21 and hasn't scratched the surface, when they were doing tests at the combine (the day he was doing backflips) they tested them for power and this guy did hit harder and was faster off the line then Ndamukong Suh, I said I was not a complete hater, and I go back and forth on wheter I like this or not, we can run Tuck and JPP on the inside and Osi and Kiwi on the outside that could be special.

He transferred, not quit. By using that logic Troy Aikman quit on Oklahoma and Brandon Jacobs quit on Auburn.

He transferred, not quit. By using that logic Troy Aikman quit on Oklahoma and Brandon Jacobs quit on Auburn.

well they left do to competition, but yeah you can use transferred and that was division. He quit high school when the coach who got him to play football, went to a different school he wasn't sure if he liked football that much at that point and said "he liked it more when he started figuring out what he was doing"

You lost every ounce of credibility you had with that dumb ass statement.

Alex Barron only gave up 5.5 sacks last year, and thats blocking for Bulger, Boller and Null all immobile qb's who hold on to the ball for 5 minutes. I know hes not a all pro but I do think hes actually better then Flozell, and he was a first round pick at one time. Like Flozell he does commit alot of penalties, I am not saying he is gonna dominate but he is a upgrade over Doug Free which was their only other option, there was a not alot of FA Olinemen, and top three went pretty quick in the draft.

Alex Barron only gave up 5.5 sacks last year, and thats blocking for Bulger, Boller and Null all immobile qb's who hold on to the ball for 5 minutes. I know hes not a all pro but I do think hes actually better then Flozell, and he was a first round pick at one time. Like Flozell he does commit alot of penalties, I am not saying he is gonna dominate but he is a upgrade over Doug Free which was their only other option, there was a not alot of FA Olinemen, and top three went pretty quick in the draft.

Yeah but the Cowboys did not trade for Barron for him to start, he is just going to be backing up that Free kid, who will replace Flozell.

I think our biggest weakness was lack of desire, not sure if that was Sheridans fault or not but we showed zero emotion on D in the last half of the year. I am so down on the JPP pick because thats my issue with him he seems to have little passion for the game of football and that will get him eaten alive in the NFL. Maybe Fewell will get the troops a little more fired up, but I was disgusted the way we performed in the last two home games, guys were just going through the motions of playing defense, pointing fingers, shrugging their shoulders, I am gonna be optimistic and hope Fewell can get them to show a little more passion next year

You hit the nail on the head

but you're blaming the wrong guy

the HC sets the tone for the team in any sport, and yet Tom Passionless Coughlin gets a free pass on here and everywhere because a Spagnuola led D led the Giants to a SB victory 2 years ago

Coughlin has to go....he absolutely has to go

and he wont........the Giants will be an 8-8 type team for another 2-3 years .....Coughlin will eventually retire or be shown the door and then your looking at another 2-3-4 years after that to rebuild a team that can compete for the trophy

prediction- Giants win the SB in 2017..........or we then look to another 20 year search for one

I'm wondering how Giants fans will react if their co-tenant in X Stadium win the SB soon.....will anyone anywhere recognize that it was the day the Jets brought in Rex Ryan was the day they were re-born

Tom Coughlin is as clueless as a HC as Al Davis is an owner........in the end the result is identical