SportsWrath

So Im trying to justify this first pick pick in my head

JayD

When suddenly Im having flash backs of our SB run. Our front 4 was insane. On passing downs we would often put Tuck in at tackle, with Stray and Osi at end. Heck there were times he'd put all 4 DE's in with Kiwi and Tuck at tackle. I think I even remember him using kiwi in a hybrid DE/LBer spot just to get all 4 of them on the field. Spags was a true defensive master mind.

Well if Perry has a clue, he'll take some play's outta Spags play book. Mix up the roation of the D-line, and get max production by putting the best players on the field. This with the upgrades at safty I think could bring us back to a top 5 defense. But we are going to need at least one other LBer to step up and play better than average besides Bolley

I had to think about it, Jason Pierre Paul is extremely raw and unpolished but he is freakishly athletic, my issue was his passion for football or lack thereof, I do think thats all behind him now. He said "he wants to come into the league and break records," he did play in the big east which is a very finesse conference and he looked like a man amongst boys sometimes against some of the offensive tackles in the big east, but he reminds me of Demarcus Ware only alot bigger, Ware also only played like year and half high school football and Troy was in the sun belt conference Ware was the 11th overall pick, some scouts think Pierre Paul could be the BEST player in this entire draft in the two to three years and a automatic double digit sack guy, we will see how he plays out, but I do think the Giants front office set out to add speed on the front seven and thats exactly what they did.

Sintim and Boley suck?

Neither of them hardly ever saw the field! Boley was injured (and suspended for a game I think) for half the season and Sintim didn't really see the field much, I'm assuming because he was a rookie...so how do you know they don't? I know they still sucked when Boley was on the field at the end of the season. I was severely unimpressed by the play of Michael Boley.

Neither of them hardly ever saw the field! Boley was injured (and suspended for a game I think) for half the season and Sintim didn't really see the field much, I'm assuming because he was a rookie...so how do you know they don't? I know they still sucked when Boley was on the field at the end of the season. I was severely unimpressed by the play of Michael Boley.

Really? There were several times last year, especially early, where I thought Boley was the best defender on the team. Not that thats any great award for last season, but he impressed me quite a bit early on.

Really? There were several times last year, especially early, where I thought Boley was the best defender on the team. Not that thats any great award for last season, but he impressed me quite a bit early on.

Agreed, I'm really happy with Boley. I just really wished we'd held onto Mitchell.

I'm so sick and tired of being one of the only teams in the league that has lacked any kind of difference maker at linebacker. God forbid we ever force a turnover or get a sack from one of our LBs. Boley sure is good at wrapping up the ball carrier, though. :jerkoff:

My point being, he certainly isn't the playmaker, turnover forcing, linebacker we were led to believe. 84 tackles with no other stats is weak. Just like the last like 6 dudes that have played that position.

Oh, wait, he did have 1 sack.

I'm so sick and tired of being one of the only teams in the league that has lacked any kind of difference maker at linebacker. God forbid we ever force a turnover or get a sack from one of our LBs. Boley sure is good at wrapping up the ball carrier, though. :jerkoff:

My point being, he certainly isn't the playmaker, turnover forcing, linebacker we were led to believe. 84 tackles with no other stats is weak. Just like the last like 6 dudes that have played that position.

That's scheme more than player. I can't remember the last time we blitzed a LB. Boley was mainly used in coverage.

That's scheme more than player. I can't remember the last time we blitzed a LB. Boley was mainly used in coverage.

Okay, so how bout defend some passes, actually, or get a pick or two. Jack up some little running back and force a fumble

He had 8 PDs. I think your memory of last season is off.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8574

Oh I saw that. Don't you worry. 8 isn't really a lot considering the 32 (obvious exaggeration, just making a point) passes completed to running backs who gained 15 yards and key first downs to extend drives CONSTANTLY on us. And he still had 0 picks, 0 ff, 0 fr. Sorry but that's not creating any kind of impact. And that's what he was brought here and paid to do. Plus, I saw him take some pretty terrible angles and miss several tackles.

Oh I saw that. Don't you worry. 8 isn't really a lot considering the 32 (obvious exaggeration, just making a point) passes completed to running backs who gained 15 yards and key first downs to extend drives CONSTANTLY on us. And he still had 0 picks, 0 ff, 0 fr. Sorry but that's not creating any kind of impact. And that's what he was brought here and paid to do. Plus, I saw him take some pretty terrible angles and miss several tackles.

I thought he was brought in to be a coverage LB. He was solid in that role which is far more than I can say for the rest of the defense.

I'm so sick and tired of being one of the only teams in the league that has lacked any kind of difference maker at linebacker. God forbid we ever force a turnover or get a sack from one of our LBs. Boley sure is good at wrapping up the ball carrier, though. jerk_it.gif

Oh, wait, he did have 1 sack.

He only played like 9 games. Those are GREAT numbers.

with our matador Defensive line, a lot of tackles came to him. but i didn't think he was any great shakes.

He only played like 9 games. Those are GREAT numbers.

Great, so he tackled every time the dline missed (11games, though). Still didn't create any turnovers or big time plays. I'm curious to know his tackles for loss, too.

Great, so he tackled every time the dline missed (11games, though). Still didn't create any turnovers or big time plays. I'm curious to know his tackles for loss, too.

In all honesty no one on our D created any big plays last year, kinda hard to when the QB is hitting wide open WRs 12 yards behind the nearest safety.

our D was robotic, slow, and did not swarm to the ball...there was no passion

the Lbers were in dis-array even with Airhorn calling the plays

Osi played like a guy with a bad knee

We were like jello at the DT positions

We gave QBs on average 15-20 seconds to find a receiver

What else would you like to know

The limited time both were on the field, they played very well. I do see us trading for a MLB sometime before it's all said and done.