SportsWrath

Out of nowhere: Just watch, Pierre-Paul bound for stardom

RandolphScott

Jason Pierre-Paul is destined for a career exactly like Mathias Kiwanuka...promising but the team that drafted him had way too many defensive ends for him to ever really contribute what he's capable of.

but this time around, kiwi is on the last year of his contract, and unhappy osi has 3 years left on a contract that he doesnt like.

but this time around, kiwi is on the last year of his contract, and unhappy osi has 3 years left on a contract that he doesnt like.

Yah, and Kiwi's time around, Strahan was about to retire, and Kiwanuka still didn't get hardly any PT until we moved him to linebacker. It's EXACTLY the same situation, only, we picked Kiwi 32, so it wasn't like we had many options. At 15, we had about a dozen options.

Yah, and Kiwi's time around, Strahan was about to retire, and Kiwanuka still didn't get hardly any PT until we moved him to linebacker. It's EXACTLY the same situation, only, we picked Kiwi 32, so it wasn't like we had many options. At 15, we had about a dozen options.

stray stuck around for 2 years, unless something happens with osi, kiwi is leaving after this year.

similar situation but not the exact situation.

stray stuck around for 2 years, unless something happens with osi, kiwi is leaving after this year.

similar situation but not the exact situation.

So...resign Kiwanuka and trade Osi? No team, other than us, has 3 starting caliber defensive ends, let alone 4. You don't even need 3! It's always been a luxury for us to have 3 and it's something that's recently been implemented and I don't get it. You need playmakers at all levels of the defense. Not 4 or even 3 starting caliber ends.

So...resign Kiwanuka and trade Osi? No team, other than us, has 3 starting caliber defensive ends, let alone 4. You don't even need 3! It's always been a luxury for us to have 3 and it's something that's recently been implemented and I don't get it. You need playmakers at all levels of the defense. Not 4 or even 3 starting caliber ends.

we can debate whether it was the right pick all day, i was just saying how the situation isn't exactly the same as when we drafted kiwi.

and off the "situation" conversation(which rhymes by the way so i think that settles it, i win):

theres a scenario where we end up with neither kiwi or osi next season. what if osi ends up demanding a trade and gets one, and then after this year kiwi still decides he wants to test free agency and signs elsewhere. its unlikely but possible and id be pissed.

we can debate whether it was the right pick all day, i was just saying how the situation isn't exactly the same as when we drafted kiwi.

and off the "situation" conversation(which rhymes by the way so i think that settles it, i win):

theres a scenario where we end up with neither kiwi or osi next season. what if osi ends up demanding a trade and gets one, and then after this year kiwi still decides he wants to test free agency and signs elsewhere. its unlikely but possible and id be pissed.

That's what free agency and NEXT YEAR'S draft are for! You don't stock up on defensive ends because you have a premonition you are gonna lose 2 of yours. I hated the Kiwanuka pick, still do, even though the guy is good and deserves to start, and I feel it's a shame that his career suffered because we drafted a guy we could barely get on the field. With pick 15, you get someone that can help you win in the present. Which is still, often the 'best player available' (which JPP wasn't).

I'm down with JPP.

You're fucking hilarious, Pdoub. :LMAO:

cant take credit, someone else(cant remember but it was last night) used the opp thing and i completely stole it.

credit needs to go elsewhere.

That's what free agency and NEXT YEAR'S draft are for! You don't stock up on defensive ends because you have a premonition you are gonna lose 2 of yours. I hated the Kiwanuka pick, still do, even though the guy is good and deserves to start, and I feel it's a shame that his career suffered because we drafted a guy we could barely get on the field. With pick 15, you get someone that can help you win in the present. Which is still, often the 'best player available' (which JPP wasn't).

ehh im still ok with the pick.

i understand your view, but one things for sure, we need to come away with a linebacker today.

and ive read that tennessee who picked right after us wanted JPP and Morgan was a consolation prize.

exactly if JR is this scouting mastermind, look a year ahead, if JPP is not gonna play anyway for a year, next years draft has Da'quan Bowers, Greg Romeus and Jeremy Beal, I know we took the BPA according to the board but we have 4 DE's who are all good enough, and I am not even counting Tollefson

exactly if JR is this scouting mastermind, look a year ahead, if JPP is not gonna play anyway for a year, next years draft has Da'quan Bowers, Greg Romeus and Jeremy Beal, I know we took the BPA according to the board but we have 4 DE's who are all good enough, and I am not even counting Tollefson

You know I'm not sure our DE's are that great. Since the great 92 retired, we dropped like a rock...

You know I'm not sure our DE's are that great. Since the great 92 retired, we dropped like a rock...

I dunno, man, I still think we have the best defensive ends in the league, hands down...the Vikings would be a close second though...

i actually like washington which is probably way the giants wont draft him...i think he is more then capable of playing ILB in the NFL

I would of loved to get Hughes out of TCU, if we wanted a DE, he fits the Tampa 2 perfect(which is why the Colts drafted him) I think Washington will project more to a weakside LB, but he is capable of playing MLB, I also like Donald Butler out of Washington maybe we take him in round 3.

I would of loved to get Hughes out of TCU, if we wanted a DE, he fits the Tampa 2 perfect(which is why the Colts drafted him) I think Washington will project more to a weakside LB, but he is capable of playing MLB, I also like Donald Butler out of Washington maybe we take him in round 3.

i really wish we traded down for weatherspoon

even if we reached and took him at 15 i would have been more happy with the pick.

i hope im wrong but i think thats gonna come back to huant us

i really wish we traded down for weatherspoon

even if we reached and took him at 15 i would have been more happy with the pick.

i hope im wrong but i think thats gonna come back to huant us

From what I am hearing JPP does fit a Tampa 2 in fact Lovie Smith who is a Tampa 2 guy was also at his pro day along with Coughlin I am not even sure we take McClain if both him and Paul were available, even though he is little bigger then most DE required for that scheme I think I have had time to think drank the blue-aid I am not so upset anymore I just hope this kid is motivated more then he seems but he says "his goal is to break records", Do think this could be the end of Kiwi or Osi even though they say they are keeping both still, I would say Kiwi is immensely overrated and if some team is willing to overpay then trade him, there is enough DT's and MLB's left, D'Qwell Jackson would be great, Kiwi and a pick for Jackson in a pick Cleveland does need a 3-4 olb were I think Kiwi would be a better fit, I still think Reese will be working both these last two days of the draft,Brian Price in round two tonight would be great he is the perfect three technique we need.

• 1 year later...

It's rare, and refreshing, when I read my old comments and I don't sound like a complete douchebag.

Same here, except I do, in this case....though I still think that we have ignored other positions of impact on the defense other than defensive end for far too long.