SportsWrath

Albert Haynesworth

Lughead

It would take more than Canty and some money. You'd have to give up draft picks and someone who can actually play.

exactly if they are gonna trade Canty for Haynesworth straight up, maybe we can go to the Titans and trade Andre Brown for Chris Johnson straight up, then off to Houston were we trade Sinorice for Andre Johnson straight up.

exactly if they are gonna trade Canty for Haynesworth straight up, maybe we can go to the Titans and trade Andre Brown for Chris Johnson straight up, then off to Houston were we trade Sinorice for Andre Johnson straight up.

None of those players are feuding with their coach and teammates, or refusing to play in a new scheme. They want to get rid of him, the question is how desperate are they?

wub.gif actually hayney and marshy would add some star power to that dull locker room.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the "star power" days of Shockey and Plax.

I'll take the guys we have now. Hard workers who keep their mouths shut and do their jobs.

It would take more than Canty and some money. You'd have to give up draft picks and someone who can actually play.

Canty can play 3-4. That was never a question. There's no shot in hell that you'd get a top pick in that trade.

Meanwhile, you have a lineman wasted in a 3-4. Enjoy.

BTW, are you peeing blood over the idea that Shannahan is revamping your D? I would in your shoes--he did such a marvelous job with the D in Denver...

Canty can play 3-4. That was never a question. There's no shot in hell that you'd get a top pick in that trade.

Meanwhile, you have a lineman wasted in a 3-4. Enjoy.

BTW, are you peeing blood over the idea that Shannahan is revamping your D? I would in your shoes--he did such a marvelous job with the D in Denver...

I didn't realize that Shannahan was our defensive coordinator. I thought it was Jim Haslett.

Still, your D wasn't really the problem.

No and I don't expect it will be next year either. It's still going to be the offense because of our line. Even picking up a stud left tackle won't help it all that much. We've need depth and more quality overall on the line.

No and I don't expect it will be next year either. It's still going to be the offense because of our line. Even picking up a stud left tackle won't help it all that much. We've need depth and more quality overall on the line.

You don't know that, though. Can Orakapo and Haynesworth be effective on a 3-man line? How about Fletcher and McIntosh behind them?

that all being said I still thought Campbell showed shown flashes that he can be good he played in a new offense every year never had great protection along the whole line think Campbell could be good somewhere else, all McNabb can do is throw the ball deep or throw short slants to speedy wideouts, Santana had 70 catches last year but has still lost a step, and you have Slower then slow Malcolm Kelly and slower then him Devin Thomas good luck DMac. The D can be great though in Washington, they are getting Chris Horton back who was good,Landry is good has a in the box type safety when Horton got hurt they forced Landry to play coverage, Hall is hot and cold and so is Rogers, I think Detroit could still be a player for Haynesworth, could see Haynesworth and the fourth for the Lions 2 and 34th maybe Washington throws in a 4th. They get rid of Haynesworth and recoup a 2nd round pick Detroit get Trent Williams two spots lower and as far has pay that actually is a big difference, like people have said Haynesworth is useless in a 3-4 why not trade him

You don't know that, though. Can Orakapo and Haynesworth be effective on a 3-man line? How about Fletcher and McIntosh behind them?

Orakpo would be great on a three man line because he's a great defensive end and he's turned into a good linebacker as well.

Haynesworth is effective anywhere.

Of course I don't know how it will turn out but I'm much more worried about offense than the defense.

that all being said I still thought Campbell showed shown flashes that he can be good he played in a new offense every year never had great protection along the whole line think Campbell could be good somewhere else, all McNabb can do is throw the ball deep or throw short slants to speedy wideouts, Santana had 70 catches last year but has still lost a step, and you have Slower then slow Malcolm Kelly and slower then him Devin Thomas good luck DMac. The D can be great though in Washington, they are getting Chris Horton back who was good,Landry is good has a in the box type safety when Horton got hurt they forced Landry to play coverage, Hall is hot and cold and so is Rogers, I think Detroit could still be a player for Haynesworth, could see Haynesworth and the fourth for the Lions 2 and 34th maybe Washington throws in a 4th. They get rid of Haynesworth and recoup a 2nd round pick Detroit get Trent Williams two spots lower and as far has pay that actually is a big difference, like people have said Haynesworth is useless in a 3-4 why not trade him

What makes you think Haynesworth is useless in a 3-4??

I like Campbell a lot as a person and I think he's a decent quarterback. He's had to go through a lot of systems throughout his career both college and in the pro's. He's also been trade baited for two years and has handled the situation like a true pro.

That being said, even if you account for what he's had to go through there's several things that are simply him.

1. Takes too long to make his reads.

2. Doesn't sense pressure. Does very little to buy himself extra time.

3. inaccurate on the deep throw.

4. Not very good leadership skills.

McNabb is clearly an upgrade and not an insignificant one. I'm curious to see how McNabb performs on a team which will run the ball a fair amount.

fyi, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly are not slow.

Moss has lost a step but still pretty good.

Really look forward to seeing both Cooley and Fred Davis on the field. Davis has turned into a good tight end.

Orakpo would be great on a three man line because he's a great defensive end and he's turned into a good linebacker as well.

Haynesworth is effective anywhere.

Of course I don't know how it will turn out but I'm much more worried about offense than the defense.

Didn't know Orakpo could play LB. Haynesworth spent most of his career in 4-3, and by switching, the D is putting him in a position of bottling-up blockers rather than attacking: it's not playing to his strengths.

Plus you have no idea whether or not your LBs will be able to shed the additional blockers that will be getting to them.

Until you get some fresh bodies on that OLine, you have no worries: your offense is going to be pretty bad.

Didn't know Orakpo could play LB. Haynesworth spent most of his career in 4-3, and by switching, the D is putting him in a position of bottling-up blockers rather than attacking: it's not playing to his strengths.

Plus you have no idea whether or not your LBs will be able to shed the additional blockers that will be getting to them.

Until you get some fresh bodies on that OLine, you have no worries: your offense is going to be pretty bad.

Orakpo played mostly linebacker last year and also lined up at DE on passing downs. He's perfect for a 3-4.

Haynesworth would be moved around from nose tackle to end. He'd be plenty fine bottling up tacklers.

Although for a guy to be getting paid like he does he should shut up and play wherever they tell him to play. I don't care for him much as a person.

We'll get a OT with our no. 4 pick. I don't think we'll have a great offense next year but I bet it will be much improved from last year.

Not just because of McNabb but because of better coaching.