SportsWrath

Official Giants Vs. Vikings Gamethread

Mr. P

why? because.

giants season is done but i still hope for a win anyway.

Giants inactives:

QB Rhett Bomar (3rd QB)

CB Corey Webster (knee)

S Sha'reff Rashad

RT Kareem McKenzie (knee)

OL Rich Seubert (knee)

WR Mario Manningham (shoulder)

TE Scott Chandler

DT Chris Canty (knee)

plus Ramses Barden is active id like to see him get some balls thrown his way.

barden010309jpg-a1157f04681e45fe_large.jpg

MINNEAPOLIS - For the past 13 games, there was a pregame Ramses Barden watch. Each time, it ended with Barden's name on the inactive list.

Sunday, finally, his name was omitted. The Giants rookie wide receiver is in uniform and will play against the Vikings.

Barden's activation was made possible by Mario Manningham's shoulder injury, which will sideline the second-year receiver for Sunday's game. Manningham is inactive for the second time this season. He's been battling a separated shoulder for much of the season.

Manningham will finish the season with 57 catches for 822 yards and five touchdowns. Those are impressive numbers, considering he played only sparingly in his rookie season and had two of his four receptions in the finale here in Minnesota.

Last week, coach Tom Coughlin suggested the 6-6, 227-pound Barden could make a similar jump as Manningham because he's shown flashes while working with the scout team against the Giants' top cornerbacks.

"We are looking forward, believe me, to spending a lot of time with Barden," Coughlin said. "Because I think he's shown us, in the scout squad, as much as Mario did a year ago, that there is a lot to work with there, and we're excited about that. Whether or not he has to play in the game to show us more – yes, it would be nice. But we've seen plenty on the practice field."

Now, they'll get to see some more on the game field, though Barden might have to do more than impress as a receiver. The reason he hasn't been active since the victory over the Buccaneers in Week 3 is his poor effort on special teams. He'll have to contribute in that department Sunday.

RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot/ankles) and DE Justin Tuck (shoulder) are both active. They were listed as questionable. Bradshaw told our Jenny Vrentas last week he'll undergo surgery on his foot and ankle in the off-season and believes he might have stress fractures in both feet.

Rumblings are Tuck, who is very anti-surgery and chose a nonsurgical rehab on bone spurs in his foot last year, will also be going under the knife soon.

QB Rhett Bomar, signed to the active roster last week after being on the practice squad all season, is listed as the Giants' third QB. It's the first time the team has had a third QB on the roster since Super Bowl XLII.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/01/ny_giants_rookie_wide_receiver_2.html

Like to see Smith get his 100 catches, Nicks his 50 and Eli finish with a strong game to pad already impressive season stats.

Agreed. However I want to see a loss.. i want better draft picks. Besides it's not like this team is capable of winning today anyway.

I hope they get more embarrassed than last week

I do not think that could be possible... last week they had their playoff future in their hands and shat their pants against an inferior team with nothing to play for except pride.

Personally i would rather see them loose a close game today for a slightly better draft pick

ok so goff just isnt very good

Dude can't tackle...

I think it's obvious we have to draft (first 1-3 rounds) and pick up a veteran at a couple of the LB spots this year. All defense in the first 3 rounds, I hope.

Dude can't tackle...

I think it's obvious we have to draft (first 1-3 rounds) and pick up a veteran at a couple of the LB spots this year. All defense in the first 3 rounds, I hope.

Who will even be available and not in their 13th year? and any good?