SportsWrath

What Tuck had to say about Blackburn-

JackStroud

Thats remarkable Tuck said-

He didn't get the looks during practice (Chase got a text message form Pierce Friday night telling him he was starting). "It's tough throwing a guy in there and expecting him to pick up the slack" said Tuck

"But he did. There were lots of bullets being thrown his way and he responded great"

I guess Justin Tuck would not agree with too many of you on here

Like me he realizes that was a remarkable performance by Blackburn on zero notice to QB a D

This week Chase will get some practice reps and next week a full week of practice

You go boy! :giants:

yeah because so many of us said he played horrible right?

get out of your fantasy world jack

no one said he was horrible.....most thought he was Pierce like in his abilities

no one said what Tuck said either

Nobody knew until today Blackburn had absolutely no practice reps, no real preparation other than his starts for a different coach- Spagnuola

It shows how little people thought this thing trough on this board.........on the GMB they were calling for Goff to start ay MLBer.......Duh!!!! That guy has no experience starting at MLBer

Blackburn was exceptional given the circumstances

Were the situation reversed could Pierce, or anyone have stepped in like that......not missing a beat

Yeah, we all agreed Chase was OK/good. Nothing that makes me say we've found our guy but I'm not panicked about the spot, either.......but what would you expect Tuck or any other teammate to say? That was classic cliche-speak. Next comes, "we have plenty of confidence that he can get the job done..."

jack tuck isnt saying blackburn had no practice reps

he obviously means no reps with the 1st team.

and if i read correctly, you wanted us to say what tuck said, even though you also said none of us knew what tuck knew.

jeez i got sucked into jacks stupidity again.

im done.

Thats remarkable Tuck said-

He didn't get the looks during practice (Chase got a text message form Pierce Friday night telling him he was starting). "It's tough throwing a guy in there and expecting him to pick up the slack" said Tuck

"But he did. There were lots of bullets being thrown his way and he responded great"

I guess Justin Tuck would not agree with too many of you on here

Like me he realizes that was a remarkable performance by Blackburn on zero notice to QB a D

This week Chase will get some practice reps and next week a full week of practice

You go boy! :giants:

Yeah, Blackburn and the rest of the defense really slammed the door on the Falcons.

The Giants won because of Eli Manning and the flip of a coin.

Chase Blackburn was just another guy on a shabby defensive unit yesterday.

Or, to put things in a better perspective..... Lawrence Tynes > Giants Defense.

Yeah, Blackburn and the rest of the defense really slammed the door on the Falcons.

The Giants won because of Eli Manning and the flip of a coin.

Chase Blackburn was just another guy on a shabby defensive unit yesterday.

Or, to put things in a better perspective..... Lawrence Tynes > Giants Defense.

If this were Gotham City, you would undoubtedly b the Joker

That's not the interview I read with Tuck about Blackburn.

As per the New York Post:

Tuck Gushes Over Chase

By Mike Garofalo

NY Post Staff Writer

Tom Coughlin wasn't the only one to single out Chase Blackburn for praise following the Giants victory over the Falcons.

Defensive teammate Justin Tuck had some choice words as well for the speedy linebacker.

"I've never seen such athleticism in a linebacker before," the Giants D-line captain said. "He's like Mike SIngletary, Ray Lewis, and Lawrence Taylor all in one. There's no way we'll lose a game from this point on with Chase at the helm. No way."

Did he have any advice for the new starter in the middle?

"Hell no. In fact, I need Chase to point out the signals, get me in the proper position. Speaking of proper positions, after the game I let him bend me over and (expletive deleted) me in the (anus). I eat that guy's (expletive deleted) after the game hoping his super load will invigorate me and make me into a better player."

So there you have it. Jakk was right.

Seriously Jack, I've been watching Giants football since Joe Pisarcik, and what I saw yesterday on the defensive side of the ball was a fucking disgrace. The Falcons scored AT WILL in the 2nd half. The only thing that beat them was Eli Manning and the wrong call on the coin flip. The defense had absolutely nothing to do with that victory yesterday.

You know you suck when you need Lawrence Tynes to save your sorry ass.

The NY Giants: worst red zone defense in the entire NFL. I get waves of diarrhea just typing it.

Seriously Jack, I've been watching Giants football since Joe Pisarcik, and what I saw yesterday on the defensive side of the ball was a fucking disgrace. The Falcons scored AT WILL in the 2nd half. The only thing that beat them was Eli Manning and the wrong call on the coin flip. The defense had absolutely nothing to do with that victory yesterday.

You know you suck when you need Lawrence Tynes to save your sorry ass.

The NY Giants: worst red zone defense in the entire NFL. I get waves of diarrhea just typing it.

please give it a rest

we won moron.

against a very good team

please give it a rest

we won moron.

against a very good team

I'm not debating we won....just pointing out who was responsible (Manning) and who was not (anyone on the defensive side of the ball, including Chase Blackburn).

If you honestly think that Chase Blackburn is the 2nd Coming of Harry Carson, who am I to rain on your parade?

I'm not debating we won....just pointing out who was responsible (Manning) and who was not (anyone on the defensive side of the ball, including Chase Blackburn).

If you honestly think that Chase Blackburn is the 2nd Coming of Harry Carson, who am I to rain on your parade?

Does anyone feel they get anywhere with Jackyboy?

I mean why do we even bother trying to talk to him, we all know he ignores any sense of reason.

He thinks everyone is against him and his fuck buddy in Blackburn, even though we all say we like Blackburn being Pierce's backup not to mention a solid LB. Is Jacky just straight delusional? Or is he just a troll he wants to just rile up the message board?

I'm thinking the later.

Does anyone feel they get anywhere with Jackyboy?

I mean why do we even bother trying to talk to him, we all know he ignores any sense of reason.

He thinks everyone is against him and his fuck buddy in Blackburn, even though we all say we like Blackburn being Pierce's backup not to mention a solid LB. Is Jacky just straight delusional? Or is he just a troll he wants to just rile up the message board?

I'm thinking the later.

Even though Jack calls me a moron, I love the guy.

My only point is that when you give up 31 points, including 2 4th quarter TD's, it's difficult to single out a defensive player for praise. I'm not saying Blackburn sucked....I'm saying the defense as a unit did.

I suppose I could give Jack the benefit and say "Blackburn sucked a lot less than some of the other guys out there yesterday.".

I'd feel a lot better about Blackburn if Altanta's 3rd string RB didn't have a career day against us.

...And if he didn't go for a TD from seven or eight yards out, right through where Blackburn was supposed to be.

Probably fair to say that Blackburn didn't completely embarrass himself. Not much better than that though. A week of practice with the 1st team won't hurt.

Teams have been running successfully at our defensive center all season. There was no change in that Sunday. I'm not blaming Blackburn for that weakness in our defense, but he wasn't the solution to it, either.

for Pete's sake

YOU of all people should read between the lines and realize Justin Tuck paid Blackburn great compliment

Did you expect immediate miracles from a guy with no starts in 2 years and no practice all week?

give me a break

he did enough to hold them to low 30's

we won

let it be

I did not condemn Pierce on the basis of one game.......but his body of work

And I'll do the same for Blackburn....stay tuned

we now know Chase is going to get a fair shot here in the heat of playoff contention battle