SportsWrath

What Tuck had to say about Blackburn-

JackStroud

for Pete's sake

YOU of all people should read between the lines and realize Justin Tuck paid Blackburn great compliment

Did you expect immediate miracles from a guy with no starts in 2 years and no practice all week?

give me a break

he did enough to hold them to low 30's

we won

let it be

I did not condemn Pierce on the basis of one game.......but his body of work

And I'll do the same for Blackburn....stay tuned

we now know Chase is going to get a fair shot here in the heat of playoff contention battle

Jack, he's had plenty of starting time, just not at MLB. So let's not try to paint cobwebs on his cock--he knows the plays.

I also made it a point not to blame him for the mess in the center of the D. But nothing I saw Sunday indicated that his presence improves things. Hopefully that changes, but I have my doubts.

Held them to 30 pts? LOL. Only if he was controlling the clock. A 30 minute time limit was the only thing that stopped the Falcons from scoring in the 2nd half.

Jack, he's had plenty of starting time, just not at MLB. So let's not try to paint cobwebs on his cock--he knows the plays.

I also made it a point not to blame him for the mess in the center of the D. But nothing I saw Sunday indicated that his presence improves things. Hopefully that changes, but I have my doubts.

Held them to 30 pts? LOL. Only if he was controlling the clock. A 30 minute time limit was the only thing that stopped the Falcons from scoring in the 2nd half.

another candidate for quote of the year

he's not an outside LBer PERIOD

hes a MLBer

can you picture airhorn at OLB

would be better off putting sam huff out there at 65 or carl banks at 50

Breaking news from NFL.com: Jason Snelling just ran another one in on the Giants red zone defense.

admittedly i did not want to believe it but WFAN was touting Snelling all week....they were right

give the kid his due

We have our own guy- Danny Ware

and you'll see a lot of Danny on Thursday......That hit to our starter Jacobs was ugly

Reading Tuck's compliment toward Blackburn, reminds me when Tiki use to compliment Jim Finn... We all know he had no choice.

I give up

let Blackburn's MLBer play stand for itself

I have to remind myself sometimes half the Giants MB could not figure out why we drafted Justin Tuck

he's not an outside LBer PERIOD

hes a MLBer

can you picture airhorn at OLB

would be better off putting sam huff out there at 65 or carl banks at 50

Dude, you're the one touting Blackburn's size and speed. Now it's "he's not an outside LBer PERIOD"....speedy linebackers historically do better at outside linebacker positions....Blackburn is mediocre at either position.

hes speedy for a MLBer

big difference from OLB

Now Kiwanuka is out touting Blackburn as the NFL's most underrated player, ad the only guy on the team who understands every players entire assignments

Is someone paying Tuck and Kiwanuka to make these comments

The Giants have complete faith in Blackburn

Funny thing is the injury God's may have saved Sheridan's job, and our sanity

We'll see

admittedly i did not want to believe it but WFAN was touting Snelling all week....they were right

give the kid his due

We have our own guy- Danny Ware

and you'll see a lot of Danny on Thursday......That hit to our starter Jacobs was ugly

Actually it looks like Ware will be replacing Bradshaw. Jacobs has practiced and said he feels fine while Bradshaw has been in a boot because of an ankle sprain.

Actually it looks like Ware will be replacing Bradshaw. Jacobs has practiced and said he feels fine while Bradshaw has been in a boot because of an ankle sprain.

I hear you on that but Jacobs has been very unimpressive this year

that hit hyperextended his knee

seems his height is leaving those knees exposed

I like Blackburn. As I said before, he has a nose for the football. He also gives 100% on every play. He just doesn't seem to be able to read offensive alignments at this point, which is why he shouldn't be calling the shots.

Corrected. :blush:

I like Blackburn. As I said before, he has a nose for the football. He also gives 100% on every play. He just doesn't seem to be able to read defensive alignments at this point, which is why he shouldn't be calling the shots.

agreed

everyone thrown in on a saturday walkthoughs should have total command and control of the D

to ask any less is absurd

IDDYOTT

Madonna was recently asked about Chase Blackburn, and she had this emotional reply:

There is no question that Chase Blackburn is one of the greatest talents the world has ever known.....when he moves he has the elegance of Fred Astaire and packs the punch of Muhammad Ali. His game has an extra layer of inexplicable magic that makes you believe he can fly. Because that is what heroes do and Chase Blackburn is my hero.

coughlin:

Q: How did Chase Blackburn do in that middle spot?

A: He did okay, he did okay. He has always, when called upon, played well.

Q: Is he your long-term replacement?

A: Jon Goff plays in there as well. He is coming along.

Q: Will you try to accelerate him?

A: Well, we have always tried to accelerate him. He has done a good job on special teams and he will have an opportunity to play at the middle backer position, I'm sure. He will get the practice reps now, too, which is a good thing.

coughlin:

A few stellar games and a long winning streak and ask Coughlin again

he'll not be so non-committal

what in the world did you expect him to say? "I like Chase Blackburn so much he made me forget about AP" ?

hes being a HC, a diplomat

Its unfortunate Blackburn got his chance off a guys bad neck, but isnt this usually how it happens?

Even Kurt Warner had to start stinking up the stadium before he got shown the bench for "The Franchise"

A few stellar games and a long winning streak and ask Coughlin again

he'll not be so non-committal

what in the world did you expect him to say? "I like Chase Blackburn so much he made me forget about AP" ?

hes being a HC, a diplomat

Its unfortunate Blackburn got his chance off a guys bad neck, but isnt this usually how it happens?

Even Kurt Warner had to start stinking up the stadium before he got shown the bench for "The Franchise"

so when tuck lays praise its heartfelt and should be taken as fact. but when coughlin comments its "what did you expect him to say?"

hilarious

Coughlin said second-year LB Jonathan Goff has been taking snaps in the middle with the first-team defense and hinted he could get some reps in the game soon.

"We've always tried to accelerate him," Coughlin said. "He's done a good job on special teams and he will have an opportunity to play at the middle backer position, I’m sure. "

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/11/ny_giants_running_back_ahmad_b_5.html

Take what you want from all their comments

Its the results for the rest of this year that will write the story

One new piece of news is Blackburn admitting the calls coming in from the sidelines at the end of the Atlanta game were

not coherent......the D was out of position and disorganized

Blackburn reading between the lines seems to be saying the defensive coaches are not on the same page and screwing up the defense

I don't even begin to know how you fix that...........that sounds like real trouble

perhaps panic is setting in

One new piece of news is Blackburn admitting the calls coming in from the sidelines at the end of the Atlanta game were

not coherent......the D was out of position and disorganized. Blackburn reading between the lines seems to be saying the defensive coaches are not on the same page and screwing up the defense

I wouldn't call this a ringing endorsement of Blackburn. Doesn't seem wise for your defensive signal caller to talk about sideline confusion. But whatever, I'll keep an open mind going into the Denver game.

However, for the record, after watching the NFL Replay this evening, I was struck with a few thoughts.

2. Overall, Blackburn seemed to be in position, and his coverage wasn't bad.
  3. The first TD run by Snelling was due to Clark being wiped out of the play.
  4. The safety coverage was very weak, throughout the game....Matt Ryan hit multiple big (20+) yard plays on the safeties....Johnson seemed to be a target.
  5. When Atlanta came back with their 2 4th quarter TD's, the first series had Sintim in, and the second had Clark. Sintim was largely used on pass rushing, and he seemed to generate some push, but didn't get to the QB.