SportsWrath

Hakeem Nicks or a USC LBer?

JackStroud

We have to start rebuilding our LBer Corp

I was frustrated we did not trade up and take one of those USC LBers or some top LBer

Nicks is fine but not nearly as good as Manningham.....he's esentially a Maningham back up

In days of old LBers ruled the roost in The Giants thoughts......now I watch Pittsburgs and salivate

We need to do everything possible top correct this.......for now I suggest moving Kiwanuka back to OLB

I want LBs too, Jack, but you can't fault Reese for drafting Nicks considering our situation. And he does look like he's going to be a better WR down the road than Manningham, IMO.

But if they don't do something drastic about the LBs this offseason, there won't be a reason to turn on the TV next year.

I don't think switching Kiwi now would make a difference, considering we basically have the same sort of LB as Kiwi would be in Sintim.

The tragedy of the situation is that Boley, a guy just coming back from knee surgery, tied for the lead in tackles with Thomas with 7 Sunday. I'm glad he's out there, but what does that say about the rest of our D?

Hopefully, Boley is done with injuries for the rest of his Giants career, because he has potential to help this team. The rest of the LBs, not so much at this point.

I am more concerned with the pass blocking right now and their dumb penalties. We have not seen from an undisciplined Coughlin team in a long time. We had more glaring needs at wide receiver. The problem is that there were no middle linebackers from USC that went early. I did like Maluga though.

I was dead set on getting a linebacker last draft....but Nicks is a good player, and what's done is done.

However, next season, it's pretty clear to me that LB and Safety are top priorities.

I only say safety because Phillips might never come back. Johnson has done a good job, but we need more help back there.

I wasn't too high on the Sintim pick until I saw him play... he looks pretty good. Why aren't we giving him a shot?

I've been saying for years we need to groom someone to eventually take over for Pierce... the guy never had a step to lose, so when he loses that step he's REAL bad.

LB and Safety are two top priorities. Therefore, look for the Giants to draft a pass rushing end in round 1. :huh:

I wasn't too high on the Sintim pick until I saw him play... he looks pretty good. Why aren't we giving him a shot?

I've been saying for years we need to groom someone to eventually take over for Pierce... the guy never had a step to lose, so when he loses that step he's REAL bad.

LB and Safety are two top priorities. Therefore, look for the Giants to draft a pass rushing end in round 1. :huh:

as far as I can tell Danny "Useless" Clark must be licking Coughlins axx and Pierce blowing Sheridan's horn

as far as terrible NFL players who start.........these two are #1 and #2 and................ #3 is a thousand times better than either one

they are a useless, slow as shix, pittiful disgrace......both of them

we would be better off playing 9 men on D so these two would not clutter the field

Sintim has been injured. Hammy I think? speaking of hammy ,ROSS ....... "COME ON MAN" its been all preseason and 9 weeks what did you do pull the ligament right off the bone or are you just riding the exercycle and collecting a pay check :jerkoff: "COME ON MAN".

Personally, I feel we have future stars in Boley and Sintim. We did address the LB issue by drafting Sintim... we were thinking long term after having addressed what all of us here have agreed is our biggest need, that of a receiver. I think landing a stud MLB to replace the aging pierce is in order. Nothing against Pierce but we all get old. I think ahead of safty our second biggest need on defense is a smart DC.

That might not be so far fetched. Osi isn't putting nowhere near the pressure on qb's that he has in the past.

He's still just one year removed from a knee reconstruction, if he's going to ever be himself again we probably wouldn't see it until next year.

He doesn't seem quite as quick off the ball as he once was.

He's still just one year removed from a knee reconstruction, if he's going to ever be himself again we probably wouldn't see it until next year.

He doesn't seem quite as quick off the ball as he once was.

You can definitely see he's slowed down when he's in pursuit of a player. I usually takes a season to get back to full speed after knee reconstruction. I expect he'll be back to his old self next year.

You can definitely see he's slowed down when he's in pursuit of a player. I usually takes a season to get back to full speed after knee reconstruction. I expect he'll be back to his old self next year.

damn man how often do you have your knee reconstructed?