Tennessee: 211 PA, 7 G, 30.143 ppg

Cleveland: 209 PA, 8 G, 26.125 ppg

Detroit: 205 PA, 7 G, 29.286 ppg

Tampa Bay: 203 PA, 7 G, 29.000 ppg

Oakland: 201 PA, 8 G, 25.125 ppg

Kansas City: 181 PA, 7 G, 25.857 ppg

Jacksonville/Miami: 177 PA, 7 G, 25.286 ppg

New York Giants: 183 PA, 8 G, 22.875 ppg

I don't see us keeping Atlanta, Denver, San Diego, Dallas, Minnesota, or Philadelphia under 23 points in our upcoming games given their passing attacks vs. our pass defense, so look for our average to increase. We might be okay against Washington and Carolina.

5-3

+

2-6

7-9

We've got one more game before the bye. After the bye, we'll get some of our MIA players back. Our walking wounded like Tuck, MacKenzie, and Bradshaw get 2 weeks to heal. Robbins and Cofield get some rest, because they aren't getting any rotation right now.

And more importantly, our coordinators will be self-scouting for at least a week. I highly doubt Coughlin is going to put up with status quo from these guys after these past three games. He's not a fool.

Yeah, we've looked terrible the last few games.

But remember before the Tampa game when we were all freaking out about all the injuries, and were wondering how we'd ever get through those games with all these players out? Well, they're still out. We were good enough to beat the poor teams without those players, but not good enough to beat the better teams without them.

I'm holding out hope that we're not the same team when Ross, Canty, Boley come back. Hopefully Sheridan regroups. If we're still losing like this after they return, I'll be freaking out right along side of you.

If past seasons have taught us anything, there's no real pattern with flawed teams like ours. As it is now is not a good indication of how it will be. We do know that every team in the division, except the Skins, are inconsistent.

If past seasons have taught us anything, there's no real pattern with flawed teams like ours. As it is now is not a good indication of how it will be. We do know that every team in the division, except the Skins, are inconsistent.

The Skins are consistent.................consistently bad.

We have been consistently bad against any of the teams we've played that are actually worth a damn, especially in pass coverage. Dallas, Arizona, Philly, and New Orleans all passed at will against this defense. Whether it's lack of coverage or lack of pressure on the QB could be debated all day. I have yet to see this defense prove themselves against anybody. I'm not about to blame injuries. I think that losing guys to injuries is an excuse, but I guess I'm just stubborn that way. It's an excuse I won't accept.

We have been consistently bad against any of the teams we've played that are actually worth a damn, especially in pass coverage. Dallas, Arizona, Philly, and New Orleans all passed at will against this defense. Whether it's lack of coverage or lack of pressure on the QB could be debated all day. I have yet to see this defense prove themselves against anybody. I'm not about to blame injuries. I think that losing guys to injuries is an excuse, but I guess I'm just stubborn that way. It's an excuse I won't accept.

I'm with you. The lack of heart this team showed is appalling. Injuries do play a great impact in the NFL but they don't diminish your resolve. And this team showed none.

Thank God I have the Road to the Super Bowl DVD's, so I can watch Winning NY Giants' football.

yea I would do that too except I will have to think about this year's team... talk about withdrawal symptoms... sheesh.

Will we see a Jim Fassel type prediction from Tom Coughlin this season?

No the coach has earned his respect. I think it's us whose expectations of the coach are unreasonably high. Coach is only a cheerleader.. in a masculine way. Other than that.. what?

No the coach has earned his respect. I think it's us whose expectations of the coach are unreasonably high. Coach is only a cheerleader.. in a masculine way. Other than that.. what?

I dunno about that...the head coach is responsible for everything delegating the game plan to the coordinators, selling it to the players and preparing them, to actually implementing and executing the game plan and brainstorming how to adjust it and managing the game (the clock, decisions on third and fourth down, decisions in the red zone, etc)

I wouldn't say any of our expectations for our coaches is unreasonably high...I think we'd all just like to see similar preparation and game planning out of our coaches that even fans in Philthy are currently enjoying (Reid managed a game against us....well!!)

Of course injuries have a huge negative effect....you prepare and practice at the beginning of the season with the expectation that you will have your top guys out there to implement the schemes/game plans. The secondary was not consistently breaking down when Phillips was out there. I saw a lot of outstanding receiving play by opponents. But as we remember Phillips was being a ball hawk back there as well. You did not see him standing around stock still as a guy ran by him. You did not see him running up to support the rush defense on play action at 3rd and 19.... :rolleyes: .

The speed of Boley had a tangible effect on our LB core....he was allowed to cover the TE and RB coming out of the backfield as well as rush. Something that our other LB's cannot do; especially the coverage part forcing the safeties to be overly committed to the short to intermediate areas of the zone as opposed to the intermediate to long zone. But even with those two guys back there...NO, AZ and Feelme would still get some if not a lot of plays in; though it would be far more competitive and we might have one a game or two.

NO was just a shatter shock...we might have lost that game with the 86, 90 or 07 Giants. Payton game planned all of our weaknesses...almost as if he pulled a Prince of Darkness and filmed our practices. :smartass:

Dallas actually ran at will on us. Their passing game was atrocious. And they did most of their running in the second half, against our tackles. Canty didn't play that game, and we had no rotation with the tackles. It seems to me Cofield and Robbins started to wear down.

Losing guys to injury is not an excuse: but it is a reality. There's no magical handicap you can add to the score that allows us to claim a victory. But if enough of them happen on one squad, there is no denying that it will have an effect on that squad's ability to perform its function.

What we know right now is that without those 5 guys that have been missing for most of the season, we aren't a good defense. What we don't know is what the impact will be when 3 of those guys get on the field at the same time, and hopefully stay there.

Will the defense improve? I think so, and definitely hope so. The defense won't be the "dominant force" people claimed in preseason, but it shouldn't be the wet tissue we've seen so far. With Boley coming back from knee surgery, and still no solution at safety, we aren't going to be great. But the 40+ points/game should stop.

The speed of Boley had a tangible effect on our LB core....he was allowed to cover the TE and RB coming out of the backfield as well as rush. Something that our other LB's cannot do; especially the coverage part forcing the safeties to be overly committed to the short to intermediate areas of the zone as opposed to the intermediate to long zone. But even with those two guys back there...NO, AZ and Feelme would still get some if not a lot of plays in; though it would be far more competitive and we might have one a game or two.

NO was just a shatter shock...we might have lost that game with the 86, 90 or 07 Giants. Payton game planned all of our weaknesses...almost as if he pulled a Prince of Darkness and filmed our practices. :smartass:

We lost to the Cards 24-17. It wasn't pretty, but the game wasn't completely out of reach, either.

Would having Boley and Canty in the game tip the scales? I don't know, and I'm not implying it would have. The Cards would have still made some plays.

But it's a pretty sure bet that having fresh legs at DT and a LB fast enough to run a decent blitz would have increased the pressure on Warner. And as we know all too well, that's very effective on him.

I doubt that getting those players back would have made a difference with the other two games, though. Maybe it would have kept the score respectable: maybe not.

As Parcells said, "it's either agony or ecstasy".

I think the Giants are a fundamentally sound team that is very capable of playing like complete shit.

Just a few weeks back, they were 5-0, and looking like a Super Bowl contender. Now, everyone has written them off after falling to 5-3.

I don't think it's going to take a miracle to get this team playing at a high level:

Sure, CC needs to learn the position or else they need to find someone who can take his place.

Killdrive needs to give Eli an up-tempo gameplan that plays to Manning's strengths, not Killdrive's dumbass ideas.

The offense needs to be ready to run against 8 in the box....they've done it before, and they'll do it again.

The defense needs to play with intensity, focus, and discipline.

The defense needs to get back to the Spags approach....dial up the blitzes, and if you give up a play, at least do it while trying to make something happen, instead of bending over and taking it in the can.