SportsWrath

Exposed

Lughead

NY Giants Coordinators: Gilbride & Sheridan Exposed

over_edge_small.jpg by Craig Santucci Scribe Written on October 26, 2009 117400_feature.jpg (Photo by Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images) Winningin the NFL is not easy. However, when you have the best defensive lineand one of the best offensive lines in football, coaches and theirassistants should not loose much sleep.

Seven games into the NFL season and I am nothing but disappointed inthe production from the New York Giants. Looking back on the victoriesover Tampa, KC & Oakland, I now firmly believe the Giants are notas good as advertised.

Last week the defense got down right embarrassed. By half time itwas easy to see that the Giants' defensive coordinator, Bill Sheridan,had not adequately prepared. The Jets and Rex Ryan threw the "sink" atDrew Brees and they shut him down!

The Giants played read and react and got smoked...so what did theGiants do tonight against the Arizona Cardinals? They got smokedagain.

They did not get beat tonight with 5 touchdowns. They did however allow big play after big play!

WAKE UP BILL SHERIDAN!

Note to Sheridan: If you want to make it here in the NFL as a D.C.,especially in the NFL East, you better understand your personnel andhow to turn them loose.

Did you forget that Kurt Warner, the human statue, was thequarterback? With two minutes left in the game the Giants had one sackon four hits and four pressures.

Second year corner Terrell Thomas, who had a great game, should notbe allowing Larry Fitzgerald to run down the middle of the fielduntouched. In the beginning of the game the Giants had their bestcover corner, Corey Webster covering Larry Fitz.

Why the change when everyone admitted that Boldin could not run. What happened to the pressure? Where were the blitzes, the stunts,etc...

The offensive coordinator was no better. Gilbride is a flat out phony!

When things get tough he goes into a shell. The playing calling wasterrible. Take away a great catch from Kevin Boss and another circuscatch from Steve Smith and the Giants have nothing but another droppedgame-tying pass by Mario Manningham.

Running a "draw" at our own goal line was a joke.

Jacobs was 4 for 63 in the first quarter and Gilbride took him out. Third and two and Eli is throwing bombs. The screens to open the gamewere nice..why not go back to it?

1. Where is the screen?
  2. Where is the draw?
  3. Boss? Darcy Johnson? Barden? Beckman?

The Giants will win some games; but good teams like San Diego,Philadelphia, Dallas, Chicago, Denver and Minnesota make adjustmentsand find ways to win.

And if analyst Chris Collinsworth can figure out the snap count fromthe booth regarding Eli's "Omaha" call, I am sure the players on thefield from Arizona could figure it out.

These coordinators are hurting the team and the flow of the game.

I hope Coughlin lights a fire under these guys before it too late.

LINK

Thoughts?

Given, our players had chances to make plays two tds were missed the INT in the endzone (rip that ball away Hixon) and Manningham did catch something...... a case of the dropsies, right when we didnt need him to. Eli played with the snap count too much and it bit him a couple times. Omaha is dead everyone will key in on it now. I have no Idea why our DT and DE's are not getting to the QB .Sheriden said he wasnt changing much that Spags started. well for some reason it doesnt seem to be working . oH and Gilbride...... I don't even need to go there. how do you counter a blitz ? I guess you drop back and fire the ball down the field 60 yards or that's what one Offesive Corrdinator in ny seems to think. When you have a bulldozer finally running right after 6 games let it run. don't put it in the garage. I wounder how long coughlin will allow the Offense to be run in this Manner? I really wish Coughlin would huffnagle Gilbride.

Draw plays don't work anymore and as tree will tell you, the Giants haven't run a decent screen play since Tiki left.

If he's talking about the WR screens, I think those were used a few times during the game. This guy doesn't seem very professional to me.

Agree with everything he has to say.

Gilbride is just a moron. He doesnt know his stuff. To put it purely and simply - he is just not fit to be an OC in this level of the game. Zero intelligence! Zero presence of mind! Nothing but panic and doing things so retarded that the average fan can figure out the level of idiocy watching it on television.

Sheridan - another moron. Maybe he wants to establish his own identity - but its quite obvious that this new identity of his is plastered with 'STUPID' and 'IMBECILE'. STFU and go with what Spags did, but change it up a little you moron. You think teams have not analysed the entire Spags package from last season. Bloody idiot.

The play calling is really hurting this team BAD on both sides of the ball! In this level of the game - NO WAY - NO FUCKING WAY YOU BITE INTO PLAY_ACTION ON A FUCKING 3rd and 20!!!! IDIOTS!

the dog loves that gilbride is the easy scapegoat. nobody conerns themselves with him unless the giants lose. in fairness, last season he had an offense that produced two 1000 yard rushers, and the QB had an extremely productive season. the fact is, his job is more difficult then he gets credit for dealing with. you never know if his qb is going to come out and look like an all pro, or look like a first year player. when he runs in short yardage situations with jacobs and it gets stuffed (playoff game twice last year, countless times over the past few years), everyone says he is boring and predicatble and that is why it doesn't work...when he does something different in short yardage situations and it doesn't work, he is drilled for not running with his 265 pound stud...if manningham makes that catch and giants win, no concerns. if manning hits a wide open smith last year in the playoffs and the giants win, no concerns...as far as offensive coordinators go, look around the league...each has ups and downs. overall, this offense has been greatly improved while he has been here.

Let's not get all overly alarmed yet.

1. If you recall, Spags first two big losses spurred our change from loose zone coverage to man schemes

2. Sheridan is a new DC and there were going to be some bumps...ours have been against two good throwing teams

3. Gilbride's always been known to be pass happy, so that's function of TC reeling him in a bit

4. Eli's play has been sketchy and that's because of the deep passes that he's not good at and our WR's haven't helped at all.

5. If you look at Eli's past work he was good with Plax because Eli's accuracy on the deep and touch passes is not so great...we should avoid those on 3rd and short

6. There's a lot of season left and we'll right the ship: the question isn't will we get on track, but what happens in the playoffs against those top flight teams when we see them again?

I haven't formed an opinion of Sheridan yet, but who exactly is he supposed to blitz? One of our lightening-fast LBs, a CB so Brown can go one on one with a WR, Johnson so Brown is the only safety on coverage, or Brown himself?

We're flat-out hurting right now. I think it's safe to say Osi, Robbins, and Cofield aren't entirely back from their off-season knee work, and the remaining lineman, Tuck, still has a shoulder problem. The only lineman that is playing full strength is Kiwi, Tollefson, and Bernard, a pass rusher who hasn't done anything to date. With Canty out, and Alford on IR, there aren't even enough bodies to rest our DTs properly. How else do you explain that for the first time in years, teams are running up the middle on us? (I know, Jack, replace Pierce with the legend.)

We're hurting in too many places on defense right now to blame anything on Sheridan.

I'm not even going to get into Gilbride, because I'd rather drive my head through panelling than argue this again. Suffice to say that bringing in Beckham (I guess that's who he means by "Beckman") and Barden was the best suggestion this blogger had, and that means sitting Boss, or Manningham, or Nicks. Or both wide receivers. Or Darcey Johnson, which will really add to the running game. :rolleyes:

That was a very insightful article...and it didn't even touch on the fact that the Cowboys smoked them for 200 rushing yards and they were only even in that game because Romo was feeling charitable. Those weren't take aways, they were gifts...

Now that we all agree that the Giants season is, for all practical purposes, over -- can we talk about who they might draft next year? :D

That was a very insightful article...and it didn't even touch on the fact that the Cowboys smoked them for 200 rushing yards and they were only even in that game because Romo was feeling charitable. Those weren't take aways, they were gifts...

You lost. Live with it. Another important game to your owner, and you guys choked it away.

Now that we all agree that the Giants season is, for all practical purposes, over -- can we talk about who they might draft next year? :D

You guys haven't exactly been world-beaters either.

I haven't formed an opinion of Sheridan yet, but who exactly is he supposed to blitz? One of our lightening-fast LBs, a CB so Brown can go one on one with a WR, Johnson so Brown is the only safety on coverage, or Brown himself?

We're flat-out hurting right now. I think it's safe to say Osi, Robbins, and Cofield aren't entirely back from their off-season knee work, and the remaining lineman, Tuck, still has a shoulder problem. The only lineman that is playing full strength is Kiwi, Tollefson, and Bernard, a pass rusher who hasn't done anything to date. With Canty out, and Alford on IR, there aren't even enough bodies to rest our DTs properly. How else do you explain that for the first time in years, teams are running up the middle on us? (I know, Jack, replace Pierce with the legend.)

We're hurting in too many places on defense right now to blame anything on Sheridan.

I'm not even going to get into Gilbride, because I'd rather drive my head through panelling than argue this again. Suffice to say that bringing in Beckham (I guess that's who he means by "Beckman") and Barden was the best suggestion this blogger had, and that means sitting Boss, or Manningham, or Nicks. Or both wide receivers. Or Darcey Johnson, which will really add to the running game. :rolleyes:

:clap:

I would say though bring Brown down into the box or blitz him because he is Can't Cover Brown. There is no reason to put him into situations where he's going to fail anyway and the line could use some help getting pressure on the QB. On the O side it's execution issue and not Gilbride. I am not sure why posters want trickery so much from the O. Good teams win even when the opponents know exactly what you are going to do. Bad teams need to use tricks and gimmicks to win; and statistically trick plays usually don't work anyway. It's an execution problem with dropped balls and bad passes.

We've never been a team the runs the screen well, reading 4 sentences down, this is as far as I've gotten and this guy is a retard.

The only thing he's right about is the fact that Gilbride retardedly brought Bradshaw in too early while Jacobs was going off.

We've never been a team the runs the screen well, reading 4 sentences down, this is as far as I've gotten and this guy is a retard.

The only thing he's right about is the fact that Gilbride retardedly brought Bradshaw in too early while Jacobs was going off.

with tiki we were a team that ran the screen very well

The Steeleres, Cards and Cowfucks have all lost two games, no ones panicking there. dallas looked even worse in thier two losses, homo couldnt even throw a TD. No time to panic, we'll be fine.

I bet the Steelers panicked. As far as the cards and the cows, they're expected to stink... that's the dram the season bring for the cowboys. They build 'em.. yet everyone knows they will choke.. again.. and again..

I think that between Brown, Moss and good ol' Frank Walker we've uncovered some crazy affirmative action conspiracy for short guys with questionable skills.

Ralph Brown is the first lilliputian that stopped jacobs at 3rd and 2 near the goal line. talk about adding insult to injury.

:clap:

I would say though bring Brown down into the box or blitz him because he is Can't Cover Brown. There is no reason to put him into situations where he's going to fail anyway and the line could use some help getting pressure on the QB. On the O side it's execution issue and not Gilbride. I am not sure why posters want trickery so much from the O. Good teams win even when the opponents know exactly what you are going to do. Bad teams need to use tricks and gimmicks to win; and statistically trick plays usually don't work anyway. It's an execution problem with dropped balls and bad passes.

Ayup...C.C. is a LB in a safeties body.....he is always thinking run first anyway...see the notorious third and twenty play action...lol....so have him in the box blitzing or covering the run.