SportsWrath

Stats aren't something i follow during games

Virginia Giant

Eli: 25 of 38, 330 yards, 2 TD's, no INT's

Manningham: 10 rec, 150 yards, 1 TD

Smith: 10 rec, 134 yards, 1 TD.

Would have liked to see the run get established more, but the last 2 games i think the Giants have shut up the critics on wether we can throw the ball.

Or, they could have been keying on the run, to make us try to win in the air. It would make sense: we're known as a "run-first" team with a very young WR corp, and they just got done giving up a ton of rushing yards to Tampa.

Pity it didn't work. :)

That's what bothers me. Our running game has really sucked this year.

the running game will get better. Dallas was stoked to stop the run but they

didnt count on the new receiving core to come up big.

And lets give props to the oline keeping Eli upright throughout the game.

The pass protection was good. Deihl did a great job as well as the others.

This was a huge win with all the hoppla at the new stadium etc....

another warm day at tampa next week lets hope the running game gets

more consistant.

That's what bothers me. Our running game has really sucked this year.

Teams are going to be concentrating on our running game until the wide receivers show that they are a threat. A few more games like the last two, and things will loosen up at the LOS. Then the running game should come into it's own.

See, I saw it more as Eli just tearing apart that very weak, and very overrated secondary....

Jacobs seemed to be tiptoeing and regardless of teams "keying" on the run, the Cowboys defensive front four were shooting gaps left and right hitting Jacobs and Bradshaw in the backfield. Poor execution in the run game.

Oh, and Bradshaw should be getting counter and off tackle runs...NOT runs right up the middle.

Since we dont have a legitimate No 1 WR, I guess all the teams game-planned to stack up the box week in and week out. Dellas has an overrated secondary, so I wouldnt buy too much into this - though I am a little excited. Lets see, if this repeats then maybe the other teams will think twice about stacking up the line for every play. Then we might bet back to our usual Giant the culture - pound! Pound! Fling!

Or, they could have been keying on the run, to make us try to win in the air. It would make sense: we're known as a "run-first" team with a very young WR corp, and they just got done giving up a ton of rushing yards to Tampa.

Pity it didn't work. :)

Honestly, before the season, I was talking football with this cowboy friend of mine, i told him i figured the first few games we'd focus on passing the ball and lay off the running game, thinking teams would be focused on our great running game plus the loss of Plax. I told him once we made teams respect the passing game, we'd start pounding the ball.

Here is my early prediction for the Tampa game. 160 yards rushing for Jacobs.

Honestly, before the season, I was talking football with this cowboy friend of mine, i told him i figured the first few games we'd focus on passing the ball and lay off the running game, thinking teams would be focused on our great running game plus the loss of Plax. I told him once we made teams respect the passing game, we'd start pounding the ball.

Here is my early prediction for the Tampa game. 160 yards rushing for Jacobs.

I hope so, VG... I agree with the other posters that Jacobs looks like he's not running as physical as we've seen him before. I hope that it's been more the defenses loading up the box, so we'll see. I think Jacobs definitely has big potential to have a good game against the Bucs like you said.