SportsWrath

Post Camp Predictions

BIGBLUE01

OK, we did this before camp, now lets do it post camp. My predictions for the 6 WR on the roster are: (In order)

Domenik Hixon

Steve Smith

Mario Manningham

Sinorice Moss

Hakeem Nicks

Ramses Barden

Im gonna miss Tyree, but wouldnt be surprised if he did make the squad.

i agree

ill miss tyree too, hopefully if he doesnt make this team another team picks him up.

and yeah i wouldnt be surprised if he did end up making the team.

coughlin loves good special teams players

OK, we did this before camp, now lets do it post camp. My predictions for the 6 WR on the roster are: (In order)

Domenik Hixon

Steve Smith

Mario Manningham

Sinorice Moss

Tyree

Hakeem Nicks

Ramses Barden

Moss is going to get cut and I am not going to miss him. He can't do special teams and is roster spot wasted. Hagan PS.

Moss is going to get cut and I am not going to miss him. He can't do special teams and is roster spot wasted. Hagan PS.

Thats what I want to happen, but I just think the coaching staff, for some strange reason, loves Moss.

That is true, but Tyree is still one hell of a special teams player and Moss cannot stay on the field for more then 5 plays

Youre preaching to the choir, I agree with ya. Why Sinorice Loss is still a Giant is baffling.

Domenik Hixon

Steve Smith

Mario Manningham

Sinorice Moss

Hakeem Nicks

Ramses Barden

I don't see why Moss should stay... I don't.

I don't see why Moss should stay... I don't.

Because he's physically, and potentially, a better WR than Hixon. Moss never gets to see the field, I love how you guys make all these conclusions about how good he is and have rarely got to see him play.

Because he's physically, and potentially, a better WR than Hixon. Moss never gets to see the field, I love how you guys make all these conclusions about how good he is and have rarely got to see him play.

Hixon has pretty good chemistry with Eli and is 6'2" while Moss cannot stay on the field and is short like me at 5'8"

Hixon has pretty good chemistry with Eli and is 6'2" while Moss cannot stay on the field and is short like me at 5'8"

How do you figure? As a starter, he was less than stellar, amassing less than 5 receptions a game as a starter and a total of 2 touchdowns all season. I think one of those TDs occurred in the 7 games he was a starter.

Route running, and catching passes-wise, Sinorice Moss is the better WR. He's also just as fast if not faster than Hixon. Hixon can return kicks better, that's about it.

How do you figure? As a starter, he was less than stellar, amassing less than 5 receptions a game as a starter and a total of 2 touchdowns all season. I think one of those TDs occurred in the 7 games he was a starter.

Route running, and catching passes-wise, Sinorice Moss is the better WR. He's also just as fast if not faster than Hixon. Hixon can return kicks better, that's about it.

But just as Moss has not seen a lot of playing time, neither has Hixon as a pure starter. I think he had his problems, but showed enough speed and flashes to be a starter.

When I went to camp last season he and Eli hooked up on many passes, I think he came into the season unprepared after plex shot himself, and found himself lined up against a teams number 1 CB. He was in a bad situation at the wrong time...

What has Moss done? 12 catches in 10 games last year?

hmmm.. our fault :doh: lol. Come on storm, I know the guy got "potential" but so is every other person on any team's roster... Moss is the WR version of Ron Dayne...

When I went to camp last season he and Eli hooked up on many passes, I think he came into the season unprepared after plex shot himself, and found himself lined up against a teams number 1 CB. He was in a bad situation at the wrong time...

What has Moss done? 12 catches in 10 games last year?

Okay, so if he was unprepared last season, which I'm sure he was, and couldn't compete against teams #1 CBs, what makes you think, in his limited pre-season action in which he hasn't produced anyway, that he can do that this year?

Moss has been way down the depth chart for no reason other than he didn't get the reps he needed to when he was a rookie due to injury. There's no reason not to give him those reps now, especially since word is he continually impresses in camp. Is it really a mystery that he only got 12 catches last year being the 5th WR?

Manningham, Moss, Smith and most likely, Barden and Nicks are more talented than Hixon. The difference is Hixon was ready to handle starting duties before the others. Chalk that up to more experience, IMO.

But just as Moss has not seen a lot of playing time, neither has Hixon as a pure starter. I think he had his problems, but showed enough speed and flashes to be a starter.

And let enough perfect passes drop out of his hands or hit him in the helmet?

He had 7 games to start and accumulated a whopping 30 catches and a touchdown. That's production Steve Smith got as a number 3.

I had been hopefull of Moss, but have never been impressed when I have seen him in a game. For a small guy he does not seem particularly shifty nor quick. They have tried him on WR screens and returning punts and has never performed.

Maybe he can light it up this coming Saturday against the Jets and earn himself a spot on the roster, but I would not bet my beer money on it. Smith, Barden, and Nicks are locks. I really could not see Hixon getting dropped, worse case he is a good return man, Manningham is coming off of what was supposed to be his throw away injury recovery year. Then it comes down to Moss vs. the Superbowl hero who is still a beast in Special Teams coverage (and is considered a lockerroom leader)

I had been hopefull of Moss, but have never been impressed when I have seen him in a game. For a small guy he does not seem particularly shifty nor quick. They have tried him on WR screens and returning punts and has never performed.

Maybe he can light it up this coming Saturday against the Jets and earn himself a spot on the roster, but I would not bet my beer money on it. Smith, Barden, and Nicks are locks. I really could not see Hixon getting dropped, worse case he is a good return man, Manningham is coming off of what was supposed to be his throw away injury recovery year. Then it comes down to Moss vs. the Superbowl hero who is still a beast in Special Teams coverage (and is considered a lockerroom leader)

The WR screen is a gimmick play that only works in certain circumstances, against certain defenses (it works against ours a lot, we are overly aggressive at times). I wouldn't expect anyone on our team to run that play well...

Small, shifty guys suck at punt returns because they run east to west too much and against a good punt coverage, it doesn't get the job, I agree with you there, he's not a good punt returner.

I don't think Hixon should be dropped, I just think there's no reason in hell he should ever be a starting WR in this league. That's just my opinion based on his production. I'm a numbers guy, especially when it comes to WR...other positions such as MLB don't necessarily have to put up huge numbers because there's intangibles to that position. But he just doesn't put up starting numbers and I don't think he ever could against starting QBs. His game is too one dimensional, a poor route runner that's exceptionally fast. Maybe he's gotten better, who knows?

Moss has not been doing well this pre-season; 2 catches for 10 yards. Tyree may not be tearing it up either but least he can play ST and has had some success when needed. Moss hasn't shown anything on ST and has done almost nothing since being drafted. The edge for low roster spots almost always goes to players that can do secondary duty in another position or part of the game. This is why I think Tyree will beat out Moss.

Moss has not been doing well this pre-season; 2 catches for 10 yards. Tyree may not be tearing it up either but least he can play ST and has had some success when needed. Moss hasn't shown anything on ST and has done almost nothing since being drafted. The edge for low roster spots almost always goes to players that can do secondary duty in another position or part of the game. This is why I think Tyree will beat out Moss.

I sure hope so.

5 receptions per game is 80 in a full season. Let see if I can keep pace with this nonsensical argument...okay, here goes: Patrick Allen is clearly better than Brandon Jacobs because BJ failed to rush for 1400 yards last year.

Think about this: Moss was a highly drafted player with all the physical tools, except for height, that a team could want in a WR...players like that NEVER get dropped down the depth chart unless they earn their descent.

And let enough perfect passes drop out of his hands or hit him in the helmet?

He had 7 games to start and accumulated a whopping 30 catches and a touchdown. That's production Steve Smith got as a number 3.

Now wait a second...a couple posts down from here you say you're a numbers guy...

A numbers guy would know thats also about the level of production that we got from Plaxico Burress, who also averaged just over 4 catches per game over his NYG career (although Hixon won't ever put up the TD numbers Plax did since he won't get the goal line reps...Plax's loss is Boss's, Barden's, and Beckham's gain...more on him later). On the bright side though, Hixon is good for a yard or two more per catch, and caught 59% of the passes thrown his way...Plaxico, by way of comparison, had a career average of maybe a little over 50%. Hixon had one high profile drop...but the guy he's replacing has on at least one occasion led the league in dropped passes (Once as a Giants and I think he did it as a Steeler at least once too).

Anyway, my aim here isn't to say that Hixon will be everything Plax was and more...I just think its sort of JackStroudian (yes, thats now an adjective) to look at a guy whose production is in some ways comparable to our departing starter and try to use those same stats to prove that the WR 5th or 6th on the depth chart, who hasn't even earned reps on the field, is the superior player. Its not working for you, Storm.

I think the depth chart shakes out like this...

Hixon

Smith

Manningham

Barden

Nicks (shut up allstarjim! lol)

Tyree

I think Tyree makes it for specials, and the team might keep 4 "TEs"...Beckham will eventually start getting reps as a Dallas Clark style TE/slot WR tweener.

5 receptions per game is 80 in a full season. Let see if I can keep pace with this nonsensical argument...okay, here goes: Patrick Allen is clearly better than Brandon Jacobs because BJ failed to rush for 1400 yards last year.

Think about this: Moss was a highly drafted player with all the physical tools, except for height, that a team could want in a WR...players like that NEVER get dropped down the depth chart unless they earn their descent.

Cool, he had less than 5. With 1 TD in that span.

So in 7 games he had 30 receptions and a TD. In 14 he'd have 60 and 2 TDs. GREAT NUMBERS! :blink:

He had a better ratio when he was down the depth chart.

Don't even try to compare Hixon to Plaxico either. LMAO. Plaxico scored points. Something Hixon obviously had a phobia of.

And once again, injuries in your rookie year can set you back full seasons.

And btw, Crazed, you haven't even seen Moss on the field with Manning and the starters (when he was, he also matched Hixon's glorious 2 touchdown number, gasp!) for more than 10 games. I refuse to pass judgment on a player that has NOT been given an opportunity to produce on the field. Hixon has, and didn't. So I will pass judgment on his pitiful numbers. Because again, there aren't many tangibles at the WR position, stats is about all you can look at.

And just because Moss is a couple inches shorter DOES NOT mean he doesn't possess more physical skills than Hixon. Or should I be more John Madden for you and call them "football skills". Moss not only runs better routes, but he's quicker off the line, cuts better, and is far more under control with his speed. Excepting, obviously, when he's returning punts.