SportsWrath

Man were things bad....

xxi-xxv

they are both in the 11th hour of their careers but your talking about the Teddy Bruschi the perennial All Pro guy from

the Patriots right? Not some other guy named Teddy or whatever

go get your football head examined

Teddy may not be huge but hes got a knack for being in the right place at the right time

Pierce has a knack for arriving in the right place 10 seconds too late

LOL...I'm sure neither can hold a candle to Chase Blackburn.

Chase is a MLBer, he played out of position last year and did a decent job, nothing spectacular. Chase is a team player

He did not look too effective on the corner.....then again Pierce would be a disaster in space

correct that......even more of a disaster than he is at MLBer

To be fair, I sure would like to see what Chase can do full time.. He's shown flashes and he covered for AP rather nicely.

me too Nas, me too

I'm caustiouly optimistic about our WR position.. I'm still hoping we're able to land a vet WR but I'm losing hope. Our next big landing.. be it via draft or FA should be a MLB.. Peirce isn't getting any younger and I would bet a lot of teams would be picking on him this season.

I'm caustiouly optimistic about our WR position.. I'm still hoping we're able to land a vet WR but I'm losing hope. Our next big landing.. be it via draft or FA should be a MLB.. Peirce isn't getting any younger and I would bet a lot of teams would be picking on him this season.

id like to draft rolando mcclain in the 1st round next year, hes projected as a late 1st rounder.

id also like a FA strong safety too, i think johnson can be upgraded. but hes young and i do like him.

To be fair, I sure would like to see what Chase can do full time.. He's shown flashes and he covered for AP rather nicely.

but a part timer is what he is, nothing more nothing less...some guys aren't meant for full time play

but a part timer is what he is, nothing more nothing less...some guys aren't meant for full time play

now how would you KNOW that.

Thats crazy talk. you need to give someone a runway to determine his true ability. You cannot judge a person on spot play

Anytime Chase has played at MLBer, MLBer was brought up to the professional level. I can remember one game last year where Chase pummeled the SFO backfield on the first play then proceeded to hold the NFL rushing leader at the time- Frank Gore to 9 yds total on about 20-25 carries

Pierce never was very good and he's gone into a decided decline from there.

High tackle counts at MLBer are meaningless.....all Defenses funnel the runner to the MLBer.....stopping a runner 5-6 yds upfield is not a badge of courage.

I don't want to even get into his Pass coverage.......its painfull to even contemplate it

Its where those tackles are made vs the LOS and how hard the hitting is that makes the delta

You want to leave a very very unathletic guy in the middle of our D for another yr fine.......but don't sweat the consequences

In betting Pierce is a final cut this year, for his play, and his stupidity on the "45 caliber tour of NYC"

As for Part Timers not advancing I have two words for you- Webster, Tuck

Re-read what I said.. "I'd like to see what he can do full time"... he's younger, stronger, and faster than Peirce.. whether he has a full grasp our defense is the only obstacle in my opinion.

id like to draft rolando mcclain in the 1st round next year, hes projected as a late 1st rounder.

id also like a FA strong safety too, i think johnson can be upgraded. but hes young and i do like him.

I don't know man.. I like Johnson.. I think we're pretty set at almost every position aside from LB for which AP is on the decline.

People didn't "jump" on the Wills. The Wills were hyped up to be the next great cornerback tandem and they frankly were busts. We all sat there waiting for this great phenomena and it never happened. When they got beat in the air, they couldn't even tackle the guy after the fact. Will Allen had more passes go right through his hands, our poor supporting cast didn't cause any of that.

That was the major problem. He was a decent cover guy, but had complete stone hands. He was no threat to pick off a pass. And opposing QB's figured the worst that could happen by throwing his way would be an incompletion.

Re-read what I said.. "I'd like to see what he can do full time"... he's younger, stronger, and faster than Peirce.. whether he has a full grasp our defense is the only obstacle in my opinion.

younger? true

faster? true

stonger? I dont think so

That's every player at every position for any sport...once you get to this level the physical ability is more than likely there. In my opinion I think he is a serviceable backup.

younger? true

faster? true

stonger? I dont think so

That's every player at every position for any sport...once you get to this level the physical ability is more than likely there. In my opinion I think he is a serviceable backup.

LOL

Blackburn is a big muscular 6 foot 4 247 lb guy who if you watch him on kick offs loves to clobber people at high speed ala Tuck when he played on specials

Pierce a tiny 6 foot small framed, spindly legged, beer bellied 234

Your telling me that 234 lb old man is stronger than Chase

all I can say is

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .........you must be kidding

LOL

Blackburn is a big muscular 6 foot 4 247 lb guy who if you watch him on kick offs loves to clobber people at high speed ala Tuck when he played on specials

Pierce a tiny 6 foot small framed, spindly legged, beer bellied 234

Your telling me that 234 lb old man is stronger than Chase

all I can say is

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .........you must be kidding

Jakk I am 6'4" 250 (ok 260 but who's counting) pounds and trust me I am not playing linebacker anytime soon.

Jakk I am 6'4" 250 (ok 260 but who's counting) pounds and trust me I am not playing linebacker anytime soon.

You might be an upgrade over Air horn

:worshippy:

Seriously, you look at Pierce as a strong guy? Have you watched him try to assault the pocket? He gets knocked back as if he were stuffed with feathers

You might be an upgrade over Air horn

:worshippy:

Seriously, you look at Pierce as a strong guy? Have you watched him try to assault the pocket? He gets knocked back as if he were stuffed with feathers

most linebackers will get beaten by lineman, nature of the game....that is what made LT so amazing. HE would dominate 300 pound lineman and double teams and still beat the hell out of QBs.

Pierce is nearing the end of his career. You will get no argument from me on that issue. I don't think Blackburn is the answer. If I'm wrong, so be it, I am wrong. I just think that if he were starter capable he would be in there and they would have cut Pierce to save money on the cap...keep in mind it still is a business.

most linebackers will get beaten by lineman, nature of the game....that is what made LT so amazing. HE would dominate 300 pound lineman and double teams and still beat the hell out of QBs.

Pierce is nearing the end of his career. You will get no argument from me on that issue. I don't think Blackburn is the answer. If I'm wrong, so be it, I am wrong. I just think that if he were starter capable he would be in there and they would have cut Pierce to save money on the cap...keep in mind it still is a business.

Cut Pierce??

I think you may see that about to happen

and not for his mediocre play.....but for his trip to NYC. The Giants are notoriously intolerant of stuff like that

to date Pierce is a poplar guy, he has game savvy......not enough of a problem to give Blackburn a shot in the past

The worm may finally have begun to turn though. we'll see

BTW Blackburn has bust through the LOS into the backfield on numerous occasions....it is simply a matter of size and strength as you have alluded to......plus you have to have an eye for where to attack

I see Pierce running into a teammates back on most of his attempts....hes trying to draft the guy into the backfield...thats a weak approach

I had to laugh the one time he did get through with a clear path and had his clock cleaned by Clinton Portis.....pathetic but funny and it seemed cosmic payback for Pierce hitting Vick out of bounds that year

Poodles you seem to be the only guy on here regularly.....are you on the sidelines like me?

Its tough out there right now....no jobs in my field

This kind of give and take helps keep me entertained......enjoy the repartee

I would guess there will be more guys on here when the preseason starts. What I don't get are the nasty ones....we're all Giants fans.....the only time I stop looking for improvement is when we add to the trophy case. Its not personal, I wish Pierce all the happiness when he finally moves aside. Tom too. I actually liked Plax a lot but he could not stay out of trouble.

To be perfectly honest I think were so loaded Pee Wee Herman could play MLBer and David Lettermen HC and we'd still be in contention

call me a perfectionist.....I want a Giants Steamroller.......a Dynasty ala NE Patriots recent run

Cut Pierce??

I think you may see that about to happen

and not for his mediocre play.....but for his trip to NYC. The Giants are notoriously intolerant of stuff like that

to date Pierce is a poplar guy, he has game savvy......not enough of a problem to give Blackburn a shot in the past

The worm may finally have begun to turn though. we'll see

like I said it's a business first...if they feel they can save a buck and not lose anything at the position by cutting him then they will do it. I just don't think he is starter material. and like I said before, if I am wrong I am wrong.

BTW Blackburn has bust through the LOS into the backfield on numerous occasions....it is simply a matter of size and strength as you have alluded to......plus you have to have an eye for where to attack

I see Pierce running into a teammates back on most of his attempts....hes trying to draft the guy into the backfield...thats a weak approach

I had to laugh the one time he did get through with a clear path and had his clock cleaned by Clinton Portis.....pathetic but funny and it seemed cosmic payback for Pierce hitting Vick out of bounds that year

Portis is one of the better blocking backs in the leage, no excuse I know, but lets give the guy some credit

Poodles you seem to be the only guy on here regularly.....are you on the sidelines like me?

Its tough out there right now....no jobs in my field

This kind of give and take helps keep me entertained......enjoy the repartee

no I am a freelance sofwtare/web developer with plenty of going on. With the real estate market in a tail spin and no end in sight I am on the computer all the time, never out on the road. This gives me a break from looking at programming code all day.

I would guess there will be more guys on here when the preseason starts. What I don't get are the nasty ones....we're all Giants fans.....the only time I stop looking for improvement is when we add to the trophy case. Its not personal, I wish Pierce all the happiness when he finally moves aside. Tom too. I actually liked Plax a lot but he could not stay out of trouble.

To be perfectly honest I think were so loaded Pee Wee Herman could play MLBer and David Lettermen HC and we'd still be in contention

call me a perfectionist.....I want a Giants Steamroller.......a Dynasty ala NE Patriots recent run

I am guessing more people will post in the Giants section once the season begins....which can't come soon enough.

Good Grief, when will the "Chase Blackburn deserves a starting spot end".

Hell even I took back some of the crap I said about him, but if you think he's starter material..........

Seriously. Blackburn is a steady backup, but that's about it.

Seriously. Blackburn is a steady backup, but that's about it.

its true real steady. I want Chase as my back up.

i want him on the team. he has a great motor no question.

I dont want him as my starter and AP is questionable now too.

I hope after this year the Giants find there man.

could be goff who knows?

winning teams have guys like Blackburn that from time to time when called upon play well, much like a 4th outfielder who plays some when your starter is hurt, or gets some huge pinch hits they are very valuable commodities. When you call on them more than you should though, the shortcomings show. Chas is a very good backup/ST player, very valuable to a good team. I do not want him starting more than needed, simple at that.

Jack, I agree with Ppod--if the Giants truly believed Blackburn was as good (not even better, but just as good) as Pierce, Blackburn would start, and Pierce would be elsewhere. If you were going to get the same performance from a guy with a UDFA contract as you do from a guy earnig 5 million (or whatever it is) a year, who are you going with as a businessman? It's a no-brainer.

You're also forgetting the guy had a serious neck injury a few seasons ago, and actually bulked up his neck to help protect his vertibrae. I like the guy, but he's one bad hit away from a wheelchair or worse.

I honestly don't think it's in anyone's best interest in having him as a fulltime starter.

Jack, I agree with Ppod--if the Giants truly believed Blackburn was as good (not even better, but just as good) as Pierce, Blackburn would start, and Pierce would be elsewhere. If you were going to get the same performance from a guy with a UDFA contract as you do from a guy earnig 5 million (or whatever it is) a year, who are you going with as a businessman? It's a no-brainer.

You're also forgetting the guy had a serious neck injury a few seasons ago, and actually bulked up his neck to help protect his vertibrae. I like the guy, but he's one bad hit away from a wheelchair or worse.

I honestly don't think it's in anyone's best interest in having him as a fulltime starter.

I think in Jakk's case here this is a case of someone liking the backup better than the starter....it is common. More often with the QB position then anywhere else....fans always love the back up when the starter struggles.