SportsWrath

Question for previous training camp visitors

boohyah

I'm going to head up there this year with my kid, (or kids, one likes the Jets!), but I'm not going to drive up as I'm driving to Chicago the week before. So I'm taking Amtrak outta Poughkeepsie. Does anyone know if the train station is anywhere near the UAlbany campus?

I'm going to head up there this year with my kid, (or kids, one likes the Jets!), but I'm not going to drive up as I'm driving to Chicago the week before. So I'm taking Amtrak outta Poughkeepsie. Does anyone know if the train station is anywhere near the UAlbany campus?

can't help u there.. I drove.

Schenectady is the closest station about 18 miles away

EDIT oooops Rensslaer station is about 6 miles away according to Google maps

Amtrak station

525 East St Rensselaer, NY

Albany U

1400 Washington Ave., Albany, NY

From Rensselaer you can go either west on Washington Ave which will bring you to the north side of the campus

or go west on Madison Ave. which will change over to Western ave. and bring you to the southern part of the campus . You should enter right next to the Practice fields from western Ave. When you enter the campus here go left out around the practice field and keep going past them eventualy you will come to a ticket booth so you can pay for parking then walk back about 1/4 mile

Schenectady is the closest station about 18 miles away

EDIT oooops Rensslaer station is about 6 miles away according to Google maps

Amtrak station

525 East St Rensselaer, NY

Albany U

1400 Washington Ave., Albany, NY

From Rensselaer you can go either west on Washington Ave which will bring you to the north side of the campus

or go west on Madison Ave. which will change over to Western ave. and bring you to the southern part of the campus . You should enter right next to the Practice fields from western Ave. When you enter the campus here go left out around the practice field and keep going past them eventualy you will come to a ticket booth so you can pay for parking then walk back about 1/4 mile

As always Lug, you are the man :worshippy:

Same.

Have fun though Booyah!

You might wanna post 'get a pic with a giant player' in the scavenger hunt before you leave. :evilgrin:

Thanks, but there'll be no photos. I don't want to put you guys to shame.

I'm nothing if not rational.

And Nas knows better............I think.

I went to Amtrak.com and it listed Albany-Rensselaer, NY (ALB) station. I hope that helps, if not I can call on my people to supply you with two camels. :rimshot:

Yeah but they sent you home when you spilt the water right?

I never got a chance to meet anyone.. I woke up very early.. drove all the way to Albany... waited in that 92 degree summer heat for anyone to pass by.. coaches and what not.. Amani Toomer stood there and talked to me for 10-15 minutes while Shockey (as a rookie) just ran past the crowd. Amani told me the Special Team's coach name.. but I could never get a hold of him... bored.. I started kicking in front of the fans against the huge net they'd set up for fans to kick.. and many fans came to me and told me that I should try out.. I told them that's what im here for but I don't know what else to do...

As a matter of fact some young kids were walking up to me asking for autograghs.. and I made it clear to them that I'm not on the team..

As you can imagine after waking up at 5.. driving 6 hours... waiting in the summer heat.. watching Matt Brian kick from afar.. I was pretty tired.. I decided to go home... and that was the end of it. Now was I a good kicker.. I would say so.. I used make 59 and 60 yarders during pick up games in Connecticut... I played soccer all my life.. and soo.. it just wasn't meant to be.

Questions?

I never got a chance to meet anyone.. I woke up very early.. drove all the way to Albany... waited in that 92 degree summer heat for anyone to pass by.. coaches and what not.. Amani Toomer stood there and talked to me for 10-15 minutes while Shockey (as a rookie) just ran past the crowd. Amani told me the Special Team's coach name.. but I could never get a hold of him... bored.. I started kicking in front of the fans against the huge net they'd set up for fans to kick.. and many fans came to me and told me that I should try out.. I told them that's what im here for but I don't know what else to do...

As a matter of fact some young kids were walking up to me asking for autograghs.. and I made it clear to them that I'm not on the team..

As you can imagine after waking up at 5.. driving 6 hours... waiting in the summer heat.. watching Matt Brian kick from afar.. I was pretty tired.. I decided to go home... and that was the end of it. Now was I a good kicker.. I would say so.. I used make 59 and 60 yarders during pick up games in Connecticut... I played soccer all my life.. and soo.. it just wasn't meant to be.

Questions?

The UFL is starting up in Sept, you should go to trials.

I used to play soccer also and yes there was a time that I could kick the ball 50+ yards (there was a time I could dunk a b-ball too). A few years ago, I was playing ball with my daughter who was 4 at the time and I told her to watch daddy make a big kick. I ended up hurting my quad muscle and that shit hurt. My daughter started freaking out when Dad started walking funny. The shame.

The UFL is starting up in Sept, you should go to trials.

I used to play soccer also and yes there was a time that I could kick the ball 50+ yards (there was a time I could dunk a b-ball too). A few years ago, I was playing ball with my daughter who was 4 at the time and I told her to watch daddy make a big kick. I ended up hurting my quad muscle and that shit hurt. My daughter started freaking out when Dad started walking funny. The shame.

That was back in 2002. In april 2004 I had a knee surgery (torn miniscus) and I haven't tried kicking since. The only reason I drove to Albany was because I'd just lost my job in CT and was back in New York working at a deli.. now I'm gainfully employed and I don't think my leg and my accuracy are as good now....although maybe I should try kicking to see what I still got.

Bring back PU!

I have a picture there, probably 82 or 83 with my dopey blue Mets jersey circa 1983 they wore and a Giant cap on. In the background is Carson, Byron Hunt and George Martin. PU was a great place to go watch camp. That was back in the days they would bring 120 130 guys too.

I have a picture there, probably 82 or 83 with my dopey blue Mets jersey circa 1983 they wore and a Giant cap on. In the background is Carson, Byron Hunt and George Martin. PU was a great place to go watch camp. That was back in the days they would bring 120 130 guys too.

i had just left pace then but this girl i knew was dating carson and she was friends with a KO returner who's name escapes me. he got traded to GB halfway thru season. we got good seats that year.

It'll be the 22nd or 23rd Nem. I Might push it up a week if I don't do the trip to Chicago, but right now, that's the date I'm aiming for. You going?

I went with my two boys last year and had a blast... We stopped on our way home from Lake George, and I was hopeing to do it again this year, but they have a game that day. The Saturday we are heading up they only have a late practice, so I do not think we are going to go this year. We might head down during the week, but it is tough to leave the lake on a nice day.